+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Timmy Z

Jul 29, 2014
SuperCitizen said:
Hi Friends

Looks like finally things are moving in turquous world. I just called CIC and our Oath(family) is scheduled for Nov13, letter sent today. :)

CanuckforEver, You can check with CIC. You should also have schedule for oath as you wrote test ahead of me.

My timeline is in the file.

Appli recd - 7March 2013
Appli in process - 3May 2013
LOT-1Nov 2013
Test - Aug18 2014
Oath - Nov13 2014

thanks

I wrote the test on the 12th of August and in theory I should have been already invited to take the oath. However, I haven't heard from the CIC yet (even though they told me a couple of weeks back that the application was approved in August). Hmmm...

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Timmy Z said:
I wrote the test on the 12th of August and in theory I should have been already invited to take the oath. However, I haven't heard from the CIC yet (even though they told me a couple of weeks back that the application was approved in August). Hmmm...
Whats ur complete timeline ?

Timmy Z

Jul 29, 2014
newcomer said:
Whats ur complete timeline ?
I called CIC again and the agent told me that my oath date is November 13th! ;D
They have just sent the letter out today and the ECAS will likely be updated tomorrow.

My application is for a family of three and the complete timeline is as follows

Application received - 28 February 2013;
Application in process - 2 May 2013;
LOT- 30 October 2013;
Test - Aug12 2014;
Oath - Nov13 2014.

Not even 24 months altogether ;)

pondering.in.prairies

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mvik said:
Received my oath letter yesterday..
My timeline

Sent Application to CIC: Jan 10, 2014
Received Line Disappeared: July 5, 2014
Test Letter Received: August 11, 2014
Test Date: Sep 11, 2014
Oath Letter Received: Oct 17, 2014
Oath Date: Oct 29, 2014

Cheers.. and Best Wishes to all of you

mvik
Quote from an Ontario thread. It is just insane how the time lines are off by a good year and a half between provinces and yeah Calgary office can stop all the too many applicants kinder garden rhyme, Ontario has the highest number of applicants. Always did. I don't know how Calgary office even answers questions about how the taxpayers money is spent to CIC, unless of course they have a strong "backing". 2 years vs 8 months is just appalling and a travesty to people who really want to make Canada their home. (Just not in Alberta maybe)

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
a.R. said:
Dreamchaser, shozee, Texan01, wsm_al and Calcan, I'm guessing still no updates for you guys?
Nothing from my side...sigh!! Even my PR card has expired now and renewing that itself takes 5 months. Can't believe CIC is so misaligned .

Texan01

Mar 10, 2010
a.R. said:
Dreamchaser, shozee, Texan01, wsm_al and Calcan, I'm guessing still no updates for you guys?
Nothing from my side. Just called CIC and they said i should get a notification for test by Mid of Nov. Not sure on what basis they gave this date but keeping my fingers crossed.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Yeah this is really Odd, Saffaman applied after you guys and yet he got the test notification in Aug.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
a.R. said:
no updates from my side. As I mentioned earlier, when I called CIC, they told me nothing is coming soon for me because no one has reviewed my file yet. The gentleman told me I shouldn't be too optimistic and expect anything soon or even in the next months. No one reviewed my documents yet.
Anyways, just waiting patiently is the only option now.

salem2003

Oct 10, 2014
Texan01 said:
Nothing from my side. Just called CIC and they said i should get a notification for test by Mid of Nov. Not sure on what basis they gave this date but keeping my fingers crossed.
Hi Could you please give me the CIC Calgary contact number. I tried with 1-888-242-2100 many times, only answer machine reply and told me we expressed high volume of call and then hang up

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
salem2003 said:
Hi Could you please give me the CIC Calgary contact number. I tried with 1-888-242-2100 many times, only answer machine reply and told me we expressed high volume of call and then hang up
That is the right number. Just keep trying till you get connected.

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
Looking at the history of the Calgary applicants on this forum, there are no new test invitation in Calgary for more than a month.

Knock knock CIC Calgary Office, please wake up and give fair treatment to Calgarians.