+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
civic said:
Do you guys know if they send out test invitation based on LOT or based on application received date? If, for some reasons, application is kept at Sydney for so long because of further clearance then when it's forwarded to LO will it be processed based on the receipt date? Anyone whose LOT date is in Jan 2014 that got test calls from Calgary yet? Thanks
Sawas dee krub!! I'm waiting for someone's reply too.
Cheers,

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
civic said:
Do you guys know if they send out test invitation based on LOT or based on application received date? If, for some reasons, application is kept at Sydney for so long because of further clearance then when it's forwarded to LO will it be processed based on the receipt date? Anyone whose LOT date is in Jan 2014 that got test calls from Calgary yet? Thanks
Its really hard to say what the process is based on LOT or Application Received. If you look at the excel sheet, clearly you can see that there are applicants, such as Saffaman, who's LOT date was Feb, have received test notification. While applicants like Shozee, Dreamchaser and Texan01 haven't heard anything. Also, interestingly if you look at the Application Received dates and In Process dates, you still wont be able to find a pattern, as again all three Shozee, Dreamchaser and Texan01 applied before Saffaman.

Anyhow, another reason for us not able to identify the pattern would be people not sharing additional information requested by CIC, as this could delay the test notification.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Emq25ueiJJ9coxst2YC7sszqAhFJi_B3r2Q1sd6Y29s/edit?pli=1#gid=120467648

Born-confused

Oct 18, 2014
Applied - 31 Oct 2013
Processing start 10 Feb,2014
LOT- March 17, 2014
Office - Calgary
Family Application
ATIP report received in April 25
Remarks from Sydney office: Flagged B1
No RQ issued from Sydney
No RQ issued from Calgary office So far
Questions:
1- What are the chances of having test invite by end of this month Oct? :-\
2- What are the chances of RQ from Calgary office Now as per current changes and trend?

Thanks

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Born-confused said:
Applied - 31 Oct 2013
LOT- March 17, 2014
Office - Calgary
Family Application
No RQ issued from Sydney
Questions:
2- What are the chances of RQ from Calgary office Now as per current changes and trend?

Thanks
Hi,
1- There is no certain way to know who is next to get the test invite. However, based on the spreadsheet I wouldn't expect a test invite in this month unless if you are lucky.
2- You can expect an RQ from Calgary at anytime. before the test, after the test, or even before the oath.
Question:
what does Flagged B1 refer to?

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Born-confused said:
Applied - 31 Oct 2013
LOT- March 17, 2014
Office - Calgary
Family Application
No RQ issued from Sydney
Questions:

Thanks
Did you have a child born outside Canada while you were already PR ?

Born-confused

Oct 18, 2014
Flagged B1 : Child born outside Canada.

It is due to the fact that my wife wasn't PR that time and after baby's birth I Sponsored both of them , they arrived in 2012.
I got married in 2011.
I landed in Canada on single -Marital status in 2009

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
All,

Here is a funny thing I found today at the below link, RQ Triage indicator -A5

"A5 Explanation of consultant/self-employed with travel situation (5,8-9) – they went with a “strict” scenario – any period of unemployment within 4 years + any travel, even if it does not coincide with unemployment"

http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/atip-releases/

Now
- Most of the immigrants come to canada they often end up searching for employement first 0-6months, and as many of you agree agree Canada is not a great plance with 0% unemployement, How can CIC assess such stupidly.

- Due to oil & gas industries in calgary most of us do Consulting for some extra money, how can they simply assume that we are RQ triage risk?

In my opinion more than 80% people fall into this category ? anybody agree with me on this?

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Hi,
The backlog keeps reducing ( http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=895599 )
So theoretically the standard processing times ( 24 and 35 months) should reduce too ?

Thanks

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
AlexRox said:
Hi,
The backlog keeps reducing ( http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=895599 )
So theoretically the standard processing times ( 24 and 35 months) should reduce too ?

Thanks
Hopefully , but we might be able to see any remarkable decrease in the processing times by the first quarter of 2015 or so as CIC system is going through changes i.e new decision making model so it will take them some time to roll in completely. However , 2015 would be the year of significant decrease in processing times due to many upcoming changes such as C-24 implementation by summer, new decision making model in full force and above all elections 2015.

Just my two cents !

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
Dolly Parmar said:
Hey

My brother didn't pass the test on Sept 8. His retest is on Oct 24 so I am guessing maybe they are trying clear out old files first considering he applied in June 2011.
Thanks for the info. Good to know that they (CIC Calgary) are doing something .

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanuckForEver said:
Glad news all, got my oath invite through mail. Oath ceremony scheduled on 13/Nov/2014 at 8:00 AM. Super excited to be a Canadian soon. Special Thank you to SuperCitizen who brought in the oath bug to the forum for the August test takers. Wish all the aspiring applicants become a Canadian soon. I will still hang around in the forum and keep continue my ranting ;) First time from the past 2 years, since I applied, I am super happy as I used to be before I applied.
Congrats CFE....soon joining the club eh!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a.R. said:
Its really hard to say what the process is based on LOT or Application Received. If you look at the excel sheet, clearly you can see that there are applicants, such as Saffaman, who's LOT date was Feb, have received test notification. While applicants like Shozee, Dreamchaser and Texan01 haven't heard anything. Also, interestingly if you look at the Application Received dates and In Process dates, you still wont be able to find a pattern, as again all three Shozee, Dreamchaser and Texan01 applied before Saffaman.

Anyhow, another reason for us not able to identify the pattern would be people not sharing additional information requested by CIC, as this could delay the test notification.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Emq25ueiJJ9coxst2YC7sszqAhFJi_B3r2Q1sd6Y29s/edit?pli=1#gid=120467648
All other things being equal your background checks must be completed pre testing....its possible one of the checks (CSIS) is in process for those on hold...just my 2 cents!

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Msafiri said:
All other things being equal your background checks must be completed pre testing....its possible one of the checks (CSIS) is in process for those on hold...just my 2 cents!

i hope its just the checks which are putting the march LOT on hold and i really wish they could start sending test by first week of november
anyways Msafari i was just checking on the CJ list to see if they hired more CJs for calgary but it seems as CJ May Way is not in the list from what i see theres only one judge left I WAS left confused could anyone confirm this as it will affect the oath ceremonies as well