+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
a.R. said:
shozee and Dreamchaser, any updates from you guys?
Nothing from my side. Called them today to say I would be away for a week so they don't schedule me week of Sep 22nd. They said that March 2015 is the outer limit.

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
Nothing from my side, been calling them regularly but no news. I guess, no news should turn up a good news.

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Guys

I have recently applied for citizenship from Calgary. My application was received by CIC on Sep 8' 2014. Just messaging here to remain updated about the immigration where abouts.

BOXSIR

Nov 30, 2013
Guys

I am hoping if I can get my test invite by end of September 2014?
is that possible? otherwise what would be the best guess as per current trend?
My timeline
Application:Nov, 2013
Process start : Feb, 2014
LOT : March 2014
Test date ?

Thanks

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
@Boxsir As per the current Calgary CIC progress, you should have your test sometime in March 2015, unless a major speed up happens in Calgary. The normal processing time for routine applications is currently at 18 months.

garyfaifai

Aug 15, 2014
Hi guys,

I have been following this thread for a long time it should be time for me to contribute to this thread. From YYC and here is my timeline.

"We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 30, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 30, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 1, 2013.

We sent you a notice on July 18, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 12, 2014 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

So just waiting for the Oath schedule letter. A friend of mine did the test two week prior to my test date and has schedule for Oath on September 25th. Called CIC couple weeks to inquire my status but the agent said no date has been schedule for me yet.

can_aussie

Sep 2, 2014
Hello all Calgary applicants

As you know Calgary is one of the slowest in processing Citizenship applications.
Please write to your local MP to bring in fair processing for Calgary applicants.

As someone already posted links. I have sent letter to my MP.

Also please sign the following petition:

Please make them listen our voices.

Jul 25, 2014
Just an update from me, i took the test on Sept 9th, pretty straight forward if you do spend time reading Discover Canada and the other test resources out there. I did have a short interview before but because i have so many stamps in the passport, i had an interview after and the immigration officer asked me to provide further information. She gave me a form CIT 520 form with circled couple of things to confirm residency, copy of all pages in my passport, NOAs from the CRA, rental agreements, mortgage documents etc. I think they think i have been absent to much so they want to make sure i've lived here. I do travel quite a bit for work hence the stamps in my passport so i think they want to double check. It took me couple of days to get everything together and sent the rest of the paperwork today. Hopefully it won't delay things for me. I had no other questions except where do i work.

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Hey YYC_April24_2013 ,

Is that CIT 520E or just CIT 520 ? I heard they are issuing mini RQs called CIT 520E, please check and advise back.

Reg
YYC_CICGUY

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SuperCitizen said:
Sorry, I mean 18th of Aug as test date. Please update if anyone has got oath notification who has test around this date.

I know yycdxb has oath on Sep22.

thanks
Seems Harry Hays scheduling oath out a minimum of 6 weeks post test..I have a thread where someone taking the test on July 22, 2014 was informed August spots were filled so the timeline is within a reasonably accurate figure. The issue that I expect to arise now is how the 1-3 month timeline will hold as CIC can approve an application without CJ input. The oath inventory will increase significantly so if the number of ceremonies at a paltry one day a week with Calgary's 2 CJs continues the 1-3 month timeline will increase. CIC can now pass the buck to the CJ eh!

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So Msafiri, people who took their tests in August cannot expect an oath invite for October? is it gonna go beyond that? Appreciate your opinion. Thanks.