+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
Hi Msafiri,

Thanks for the useful insight . I am going to apply in September 2014 .In your opinion is there any hope for a relatively faster processing for the future applicants (even before mid of 2015 , when the new law will be implemented) ?

Thanks once again.
Go to page 23 of this thread and see my response to a similar question - 3rd paragraph/topic on the page. No is the short answer unless Local Office capacity/productivity is improved.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Msafiri said:
Go to page 23 of this thread and see my response to a similar question - 3rd paragraph/topic on the page. No is the short answer unless Local Office capacity/productivity is improved.
Thank you so much Msafiri for your response. So , I am not holding my breath for it ,however still keeping my fingers crossed :)

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Hi Guys
Sorry for the late reply
I called CIC on the 11th and they said they had sent out a letter on the 10th. And I got it in the mail on the 15th and thats when ECAS updated for me as well.

Will prepare for the test soon.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally got a test date....what to take with me other than mentioned documents on the letter? Thanks!

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
a.R. said:
Any updates SuperCitizen, did you call CIC?
Hi a.R, Yes I did call CIC couple of times after hearing from YYCDB that they got test notif. But nothing is schedule for us as of now. Will call again later this week.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where can I find that spreadsheet?

Applied- Jan, 2013
Received Ack - Apr, 2013
Test date letter received - Jul, 2014
Test date - Aug, 2014

No RQ yet.

APR2013APP said:
But what is your timeline Scorpion ??? Can you update the spreadsheet please

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Hi,
I called CIC today and they said the background check has been finalized and now I should just wait for the test invitation. They said the whole processing time could take from 2-3 years.
I hope to get the test invitation soon.
Applied: Aug 2013
In process: Nov 2013
File Transferred: Mar 2014

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
wsm_al, you and I are in the same boat. Our timelines are fairly close too. So keep an eye on the forum.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello fellow Calgarians and applicants,

Glad news, received the letter to write the test and appear for interview today. It was dated 18/July, received it on 22/July 2014. eCase has not been updated as of the time I posted this message. The venue will be the downtown office at or near by Hary Hays building and my test date will be 12/Aug/2014. As a recap these are my timelines,

Applied first on 6/December/2012, got the package returned Jan end as the documents sent was insufficient. Applied back on 7/March/2013. Received a letter of enquiry (to the best of myknowledge not an RQ as it didnt mention RQ anywhere in the letter and it didnt request any supplementary documents) asking to be more specific and clear about my absences from Canada since I become PR which is when I first landed. Sent the letter and followed up on January 2014. Through agents an approximate Local Office Transfer (LOT) could be benchmarked at 28/Dec/2013 as the agent did mention to callback if nothing is heard back before 28/Sept/2014 which is the 9th month mark from the date of LOT.

i feel i've come only half way as the time to oath is the hardest and most testy. Please feel free to ask any other questions, I will keep you posted about further developments. And, I got to dust up the discover canada PDF now ;) ;D its been ages I read it. I also came to know that there's an audio file available now, VOW! is it amazing or what!

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
That's interesting. LOT date for CanuckForEver is after that of SuperCitizen and APR2013APP. However in process date for CanuckForEver and SuperCitizen are the same while APR2013APP is later. So maybe CIC is going by the "in process" date rather than the LOT dates. Guess we will find out soon.

SuperCitizen and APR2013APP keep us posted you guys are next in line to hear about test. Also, i just realized that both of your applications are family applications. Don't know exactly, how family application work, do you have to fill separate applications for children or its still one? If they are filled out separately, the LOT dates that you have in the excel sheet is for your application or for the whole family?

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
CanuckForEver - just wondering from your user name, did you initially apply from Vancouver and got the transferred to Calgary, once you moved?