+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Guys, please make sure that the format for the excel sheet isn't changed. This was the third time, i had to go fix it. If you think that you've screwed up the format. please undo by pressing "Ctrl and z" at the same time. If you still can't get to add your timelines, just post them on the thread and I'll add them. Thanks.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
What about @APR2013APP and @CanuckForEver, have you guys heard anything? Calgary is actually getting worse as time passes. You would usually expect that the whole process will be getting more efficient. Hope its temporary.

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
Sorry guys nothing on my side either, I agree with you a.R, I am disappointed with how things are going at Calgary CIC office. I called a few times in the past few weeks and every time they tell me something different. one time they told me to call them back if I didnt hear anything by August 29, 2014 (18 months from application receipt), one time they said it was a routine application so it could take up to 23 months and I shouldn't call them before then...I check this thread regularly but I have nothing to add so far, i will let you guys know as soon as I hear anything.

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
I saw in another thread, those who applied in March, 2014 have had Tests completed. Such a huge difference between two cic locations can be real in a developed country like Canada ?

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
The problem is that no body is complaining, in the GTA the offices work together to reduce the backlog and files are sent to scarborough, mississauga or st clair to balance the work load. But in Alberta there arent enough offices to accomodate for the increasing number of applications considering the constant increase of population that Alberta is experiencing.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing from my end either. But this is something I expected. The prairies are going to slow down as much as the Ontarians are going to speed up to almost instantaneously obtaining citizenship. This strategy is perceived by the current federal government to help them in the upcoming elections. I dont see any hope with this administration. At the end of 2015 when the liberal government comes to power I hope they fix all the mess ups.

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Called them yesterday, No update whatsoever.
The lady I spoke to was very helpful in giving detailed information.
When I called in a few months ago, there was a rule where the local office had to schedule your test within 9 months of the file being transferred to them.
But now its just a flat 24 month timeline until oath, Theres nothing we can do.
So lets see.

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Personally I feel the reason is the lack of visibility as APR2013APP pointed out than a political motive. I guess the people in Ontario made a big noise through public media at that time and that may have forced the administration to take corrective measures.

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
It looks like Calgary and Winnipeg is discriminated, Why Ontorio is going so fast and other place so slow.

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Guys good news is,

They have sent a letter on the 10th of July for an exam on 29th July.
I haven't received it in the mail yet and my Ecas still has no updates.

The sheet seems to be a little messed up again, please add my updates to it.

Thanks

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

Just noticed that there is a specific excel file for Calgary. Are you guys updating both sheets, the Canadian and the Calgarian?