+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Panorama,
Did your Ecas status change?
When was the letter dated for and when did the status change and when did you receive it in the mail?

Thanks

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
shozee said:
Dear All

My husband is working overseas and he works in non Canadian company. His work rotation is 2 months on/off. We are waiting for our tests. At the interview, would it be a problem if they find out about the nature of his work in terms of stay in Canada.
Do they check overseas trips by passport and question about it?
@ Msafir and All, please advise, how can he show his intention to live in Canada after grant of citizenship?
Shozee,

As long as your husband as met the criteria, you guys should be good. Yes CIC agents do check overseas trips by passport and question it. But as i mentioned earlier, if your husband met the criteria of 1095 days, CIC can't legally revoke your application just cause of that. So don't worry.

I've gone through several threads where people are concerned about moving or going for a job outside of Canada after applying for citizenship. As far as my understanding is it shouldn't have any affect at all on your application. As per current citizenship laws, applicants are only required to show that they have been in Canada for 1095 days, after that they can't legally hold it against you if you are outside the country for one reason or the other. At the most CIC can give a pre or post test RQ, but that will only delay the process. Eventually you'll get you citizenship either way. Again this is my interpretation.

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
I am feeling very unlucky to fall under calgary office, here is a nice example of an Ottawa applicant who applied during late November(one and half month after mine) completed his test yesterday. I really thank god if can get my citizenship before the federal election as I already decided whom to vote !!! :mad:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-testinterview-experience-t226917.0.html

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
yycdxb, there was filter applied to the application type column. Will be 237 days from LOT for you today (same as paranorma), so you should be hearing from them by tomorrow.

Maria Ash

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Hello everyone I have a question that the part of the bill c24 which talks about 3 steps reduced to one step for decision making in local office in stead of judge it will be the immigration officer ...... Has that rule been
Implemented ? Coz I read this on cic news ::)

And if yes sure it will help in calgary office as it's really slow we have only 2 citizenship judges I think it will take their load off ....pls shed some light on this

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey a.R.

Thank you very much for the spreadsheet, and for all the help and information. I just added my timeline to the excel sheet.

What does LOT stand for?

Thanks again,

Cheers!

a.R. said:
Maria Ash and batmann, throw in your timelines in the following excel sheet: