+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

lilly2014

May 29, 2014
Hi,
thank you for your reply. I will . I have a question. how long it will take for background check to be done.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lilly2014 said:
Hi,
thank you for your reply. I will . I have a question. how long it will take for background check to be done.
1. RCMP (criminal) and FOSS (immigration) checks are fast - typically within 2-4 weeks. CSIS (intelligence) depends to a significant extent on the relevant organizations outside Canada and how cooperative they are with CSIS so its unknown but work on 3-6 months as being fast.

2. If you are willing to share your nationality, gender, if you've had any military background, countries you've traveled and lived in as well your employment profile then someone could figure out a more realistic timeline for the CSIS clearances but how would you like to detail this on a public forum? You wouldn't have been scheduled for the test if any of the checks were expired.

3. A delay can also be indicative that CIC could be 'reviewing' your file for post test RQ issuance.

dineshabe

Aug 16, 2010
YYC_CICGUY said:
dineshabe,

Can you explain the process they follwoed during test, like Passport check and documents they specifically looked into and documents we need to present, and any specfic questions they asked about your travel etc., .....did they try to verify your/your family english language ability etc.,

Thanks
Hi,

We were asked to wait outside and then they asked us to line up inside with passports , the letter , copr , identity documents , pr card and all that.

Then there were 3 immigration officers who have our entire file . they go over that and our travel history using our passport. just basic conversation (i guess this can be a way to find if we can speak english/french) . i dont think they r super worried about how good your english is, just few seconds of casual talk about work.

then they gave me my answer sheet and it was done. take about 5 mins / person.

we were asked to sit in this room with other people who are taking tests.

they evaluate your tests as soon as you are done and they tell you how much you scored right there. this is a paper test so dont expect any computers. they questions paper said this will be reused so dont share questions. the question paper was laminated. so i guess we all will get the same questions :p

it should not take more than 10 mins to complete the tests. i prolly read the book 4-5 times. it was good enough. i did not have my COPR and i had applied for VOS, but that was not done. the officer said COPR is not needed for now and it is only needed for applying old age benefits. i would still recommend you take them with you if u have.

dineshabe

Aug 16, 2010
CanuckForEver said:
Hi Dinashabe,

I have a couple of questions. I would greatly appreciate if you could please clarify it for me? I would be really thankful.

1. Is not having a job going to raise a red flag? did you see anyone get RQ for that? Did you see anyone get RQ at all?

2. How many people were there? if there were many, then it means there are a whole bunch of other applicants that are not in the forum. Then it answers and raises a lot of questions. Just curious.
Hi ,

1)Not sure if that is a problem. But they did ask this question to everyone. It was usually a conversation thing. They would talk about your job for few seconds.

2)There were probably 30-40 people in my batch. I was at 10:30 and i did hear them mention about a 8:30 batch. So i am not sure how many batches were there.

But yes, this forum represents very small percentage of the total applicants from cgy.

navi17

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2011
Hi Everyone,

My brother also applied for citizenship(Calgary office) and his timelines are as below:
1. Application filed October 1 2012
2. In process February 4 2013
3. Got Residence questionnaire(long) in October 2013.

Since then there is no reply from cic.

navi17

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2011
Sorry about the ignorance folks, looks like the I messed the document a little. I think I will stay away from that.

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Hi,
Does anyone know how many people take oath in one citizenship ceremony on average ?
I noticed , there are 17 ceremonies in this month(June) in Calgary. I just want to get a rough estimate of number of people/month.
Thanks

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It could be anywhere from 40 - 400 Candidates...Depends on the application volume and venue of Oath.
Good Luck!

AlexRox said:
Hi,
Does anyone know how many people take oath in one citizenship ceremony on average ?
I noticed , there are 17 ceremonies in this month(June) in Calgary. I just want to get a rough estimate of number of people/month.
Thanks

dineshabe

Aug 16, 2010
AlexRox said:
Hi,
Thanks
Hi,

How did you come to know about the number of ceremonies in June ?

Immig19

Sep 17, 2013
Hi MSafiri!, My file was transferred to Edmonton Local office last August. Because I'm applying for a job that gives preferance to citizens thus I need my citizenship sooner (so far 22 months and no test). Do you have any advise if it is good to apply for urgent processing? would you please message me.

Msafiri said:
1. RCMP (criminal) and FOSS (immigration) checks are fast - typically within 2-4 weeks. CSIS (intelligence) depends to a significant extent on the relevant organizations outside Canada and how cooperative they are with CSIS so its unknown but work on 3-6 months as being fast.

2. If you are willing to share your nationality, gender, if you've had any military background, countries you've traveled and lived in as well your employment profile then someone could figure out a more realistic timeline for the CSIS clearances but how would you like to detail this on a public forum? You wouldn't have been scheduled for the test if any of the checks were expired.

3. A delay can also be indicative that CIC could be 'reviewing' your file for post test RQ issuance.