+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
daktrader said:
Ordering ATIP reports send a sense of nudge to the CIC Office; if there has been no activity on the file earlier...The ATIP forces the CO to brush the dust off the file and open it...'some movement is better than no movement'

Good Luck!
Hey Daktrader,

You have been waiting very patiently for a long time. Hope and i pray your long journey ends soon with a good news. What does your ATIP say? Any updates?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks...
ATIP says the file is assigned to a CO for review.
All the Background checks are renewed and valid...
Hope the misery is over very soon...

Good Luck!

esteem said:
Hey Daktrader,

You have been waiting very patiently for a long time. Hope and i pray your long journey ends soon with a good news. What does your ATIP say? Any updates?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MP has no say whatsoever - they can just check the status of your application and give the applicant a sugar coated reply...Thats it...they dont have any authority to speed up the process etc...

The only other way is to 'wait & be patient' pr file for 'mandamus' but the cost associated with this is too high...

janoo said:
Daktrader : your time line too long you have to check with your MP and find
the best option..

janoo

May 16, 2014
Daktrader : I see so many people are getting oath within 12-18 months
and your case pending since 51 months wish you all the best of luck
and hope that your wait game to be over soon..

My case pending since January 2012...

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks!
Wish ou the Very Best!

janoo said:
Daktrader : I see so many people are getting oath within 12-18 months
and your case pending since 51 months wish you all the best of luck
and hope that your wait game to be over soon..

My case pending since January 2012...

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
@daktrader,
How much would you think a mandamus would cost in total ? Are we talking about less than 10K or above 10k here on average ?
Thanks

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From research the Lawyer fee is a minimum $3500 + HST & $300 Court Filing Fee.
In the event if the case does proceed to Federal Court then you are talking about additional $$...
Perhaps all in all close to $10'Kish in the event it heads to Court Hearings.

AlexRox said:
@ daktrader,
How much would you think a mandamus would cost in total ? Are we talking about less than 10K or above 10k here on average ?
Thanks

dineshabe

Aug 16, 2010
Just back from test. Got 20/20 . Was pretty simple. They said we shld get a letter informing us about the oath ceremony in a month.

I lost my COPR, and they said we need that only for old age benefits. I still applied for VOS few weeks back.

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
ongratulations±±±---------
I am hoping you could know or suggest to us the refusal to schedule next bactch of applicant was for current batch to write the test and or take the oaths !!

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
dineshabe said:
Just back from test. Got 20/20 . Was pretty simple. They said we shld get a letter informing us about the oath ceremony in a month.

I lost my COPR, and they said we need that only for old age benefits. I still applied for VOS few weeks back.
dineshabe,

Can you explain the process they follwoed during test, like Passport check and documents they specifically looked into and documents we need to present, and any specfic questions they asked about your travel etc., .....did they try to verify your/your family english language ability etc.,

Thanks

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dinashabe,

I have a couple of questions. I would greatly appreciate if you could please clarify it for me? I would be really thankful.

1. Is not having a job going to raise a red flag? did you see anyone get RQ for that? Did you see anyone get RQ at all?

2. How many people were there? if there were many, then it means there are a whole bunch of other applicants that are not in the forum. Then it answers and raises a lot of questions. Just curious.

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
CanuckForEver said:
Hi Dinashabe,

I have a couple of questions. I would greatly appreciate if you could please clarify it for me? I would be really thankful.

1. Is not having a job going to raise a red flag? did you see anyone get RQ for that? Did you see anyone get RQ at all?

2. How many people were there? if there were many, then it means there are a whole bunch of other applicants that are not in the forum. Then it answers and raises a lot of questions. Just curious.
Dinashabe..... do not forget us.

lilly2014

May 29, 2014
Hello,
I am new to this forum. We did our test on April 14, 2014 and we still waiting for oath ceremony letter. I am worried. I called CIC and every time they give me a different answer. We are a family of five. Most of our friends got their oath letter after one month. So I am not sure what the matter.
Our timeline
Application received Aug 2012, processed Jan 2013, test April 14, 2014

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lilly2014 said:
Hello,
I am new to this forum. We did our test on April 14, 2014 and we still waiting for oath ceremony letter. I am worried. I called CIC and every time they give me a different answer. We are a family of five. Most of our friends got their oath letter after one month. So I am not sure what the matter.
Our timeline
Application received Aug 2012, processed Jan 2013, test April 14, 2014
Ask CIC agent next time the expiry dates of your background checks.....don't ask are they valid...ask for the actual dates. If the checks are expired then you won't get to the oath before new checks are run!