+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
SaffaMan said:
:(

It's really annoying seeing that people who have applied AFTER us in the GTA already have their citizenship... This is the one thing that really has to change with the citizenship process... First come, first serve!
I agree with you. Very annoying____ canada is a nice place to call home but it is apparent to some of now that a peculiar dieases in whole worldwide still exit here!
I am particulary disappointed espcially when it comes to what should be within the government's control!

dineshabe

Aug 16, 2010
I agree totally, the least i would expect is a very transparent way to check current status. Ecas has not changes since 2009(when i applied for PR). It would be sooo much better if we all knew what exactly is going on. But again who am i kidding , transparency is the bureaucrats hell, so that will never happen.

My friends in ontario who got PR after me have their citizenship now. it took them 9(approx) months for the whole process.

I really dont understand what calgary has been doing with my file since oct. I would really like a tour of this building where they r processing our applications and see wat these people are doing.

</monday-morning-rant>

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is probably said over and over, but I think it is very relevant here. Ontarians and Quebecers will start to see faster processing now because if a party wins just these 2 provinces they are already in a majority. But conservatives are not favored there, it is either the liberals overwhelmingly or the NDP that is favored. So they have to play nice there.
Where as Alberta is a conservative fort and Calgary is the flagship base. So they dont have to please anyone to win votes here. But more importantly they want that to stay that way! As their presumption is that new immigrants overwhelmingly vote for liberals. Also, if we did consider how Canadians empathize with our struggle, then the people from the prairies would have least sympathies on citizenship delays, if not none at all. So delays in Calgary and Edmonton seems to be a cold shrug for the current administration.
Calgary's CIC office at Harry Hays building is just a pawn in the hands of the current administration, it could very well change colors if the administration color changes from blue to red. For all one knows, Calgary CIC might be having our files in their desk right in front of them and browsing daily news in internet because that's what all is wanted of them from their masters at Ottawa.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SaffaMan said:

It's really annoying seeing that people who have applied AFTER us in the GTA already have their citizenship... This is the one thing that really has to change with the citizenship process... First come, first serve!
Its ironic that in this Orwellian environment all PRs are equal but some are more equal than others eh!

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
SaffaMan said:

Same thing ever since on my ECAS
[1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:-X :-X

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
@ dineshabe good luck for the test tomorrow.

Hope things will pick up for Calgary. yycdxb keep us posted if you see any activity on your ecas or get a letter in mail.

walelo

Mar 11, 2014
Hey Guys,

I think I have the worst case in Calgary ; I applied in DEC 2011 and got the Q and still waiting until now :(

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should see my timeline then...
Keep Faith

All the Best!

walelo said:
Hey Guys,

I think I have the worst case in Calgary ; I applied in DEC 2011 and got the Q and still waiting until now :(

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
:mad:
walelo said:
Hey Guys,

That is not good at all. Why all this delay for goodness sake !!!

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply your ATIP report to get the exact stage of your application along with any notes on file.

walelo said:
Hey Guys,

walelo

Mar 11, 2014
daktrader said:
Apply your ATIP report to get the exact stage of your application along with any notes on file.
HOW I would apply for ATIP? every time I call them they said that I have to wait 36 months before taking any action!!!

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats the standard reply for all RQ Applications...
Im hitting the 51 month timeline, and I still get the same vague reply to wait more...

Follow the link for ATIP:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/atip-requests-instructions-and-insights-t203260.0.html

walelo said:
HOW I would apply for ATIP? every time I call them they said that I have to wait 36 months before taking any action!!!

walelo

Mar 11, 2014
daktrader said:
Thats the standard reply for all RQ Applications...
Im hitting the 51 month timeline, and I still get the same vague reply to wait more...

Follow the link for ATIP:

Do you think that would change anything, I can not believe what they are doing all that time!!

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ordering ATIP reports send a sense of nudge to the CIC Office; if there has been no activity on the file earlier...The ATIP forces the CO to brush the dust off the file and open it...'some movement is better than no movement'

Good Luck!

walelo said:
Do you think that would change anything, I can not believe what they are doing all that time!!