+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Think we all need to calm down, I can understand the frustration. The whole point of the excel sheet is to break down the processing time for every step in the citizenship application. We have clearly established that its taking around 90 days of CIC to start processing applications after they have received them. similarly, looking at the recent trends it can be said that Sydney is taking from 60 to 100 days to process and transfer applications to local offices. However, we still don't have enough timelines to draw conclusions for test notifications.

What we have identified as an issues is that sometimes important information is held while filling the excel sheet. This information might have an impact on the processing time. We recently discovered that touché merged his application with his family (note that i was the one who took his timelines from another forum, unaware about the merge) which we believe decreased his processing time. Similarly, their might be occasions when Sydney or Calgary local office ask for more documents (not RQ, documents for name change or just language proficiency, copies of degree) these might also have an impact on processing time depending on when and who (Sydney or Calgary) asked for them.

Again the point of this forum, what i believe is to understand the process and then predict to some accuracy how long the whole process takes. I've seen several people write about their family members or friends and how they got their test notification in so many days while they wait (no offence to anyone), again, its hard to draw parallels. There's no point of just sharing timeline without understanding them. Keep in mind that CIC has been doing this for a while, the whole process is build up of smaller processes and it has to be efficient with the amount of resources they have.

In the end i would like to request everyone on this forum to review the excel sheet, add timelines for their family member and then in the remarks section add remarks (such as Name change documents requested by Sydney) so and so forth. Also, feel free to edit the excel sheet if you think that their should be more info. Cheers guys! I'm sure we will be able to predict them once we get all the info and enough timelines.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Emq25ueiJJ9coxst2YC7sszqAhFJi_B3r2Q1sd6Y29s/edit?usp=sharing

katla

Apr 28, 2014
Hi
I had applied for my citizenship on Dec 18, 2013 and received a letter on March 18, 2014 with a booklet stating my application process has started on March 1, 2014.

Could anyone please let me know the stages that are involved in citizenship process.

1. Application mailed
2. Acknowledgment from CIC
3. Test notification date ?
4. Test day
5. Oath notification (mail/web)
6. Citizenship

Not sure what is "RQ" and "transfer to Local office"

Timeline as follows:
Application mailed: Dec 2013
Application process started: March 2014

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Hi Katla,

Please add your details in the excel sheet provided by a.R.

Also Local Office Transfer means that your file has been transferred from the Central Office ( Sydney) to your local processing office which I am assuming is Calgary.

But if processing for your file has just started in March 2014 , it will take about 3 to 6 months for your file to transfer to the local office.

Thanks

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Calgary friends,

May - May brings lots of goodnews and happieness to this group and everybody in this forum.

Thanks
YYC_CICGUY

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Amen...
I am looking forward to May5th as forecasted on this forum for me and 'dineshabe'
Hey 'Kinsenya' any update?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May 1, 2014—Calgary, AB—Calgary welcomed 1,164 new Canadians from more than 100 countries over the past month—more than four times the number of people who became Canadian citizens in Calgary in April last year when 284 new citizens were sworn in.

http://www.bettermail.ca/ct/723/935583/454774665/f8e0ce00092c34dee97e6225920cd723

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
See the goodnews started coming, I think Honorable Minister Chris Alexander recognized the Calgary situation, and kicking the horses in the A@# to work faster. Its a good sign that numbers showing improvement.

Thanks to Chris Alexander !

MR Stephen Harper

Jan 12, 2014
dineshabe said:
".i really dont believe ANY. of the time lines posted by pple on this forum.Very outrageous claims"

Very outrageous because you have data to prove the opposite ? Somehow all liars in cgy landed in this forum ?
its just called the HARD COLD TRUTH...I KNOW...ITS ALWAYS HARD TO ACCEPT ISNT IT?!

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
YYC_CICGUY said:
Calgary friends,

May - May brings lots of goodnews and happieness to this group and everybody in this forum.

Thanks
YYC_CICGUY
Waiting to see what the actions will be from Monday May 5th±±

JoeYYC

Jan 18, 2014
MR Stephen Harper said:
True...i really dont believe ANY. of the time lines posted by pple on this forum.
The pot is calling the kettle black. When it comes to credibility, Mr Stephen Harper is very well known of his credibility, not. :)

JoeYYC

Jan 18, 2014
YYC_CICGUY said:
See the goodnews started coming, I think Honorable Minister Chris Alexander recognized the Calgary situation, and kicking the horses in the A @ # to work faster. Its a good sign that numbers showing improvement.

Thanks to Chris Alexander !
Indeed, thank you Chris Alexander. It is good news for sure. But lets not forget that the CBC report is far from complete.
*It compares the number of new citizens in April, 2014 to that in April of 2013, which is the worst year, possibly ever in number of new citizens in Calgary.
*This bad year (2013) is the outcome of Mr. Alexander's colleague and possible mentor, Jason Kenney. Oddly enough, Kenney is serving the riding of Calgary Southeast, which he supposed to help and serve, while Alexander is serving the riding of Ajax Pickering.
*The report did not mention the processing time in Calgary. So many applicants, in this forum and many others whom I know personally, show that routine applications are finalized in 20-22 months; while God knows how many months more, non-routine applications need to be finalized; 3 years? 4 years?
*Comparing Calgary processing time to Mississauga or Scarborough, which have 7-9 months processing time for routine, and 12-14 months of non-routine applications, is ludicrous to say the least.

Nevertheless, I feel hopeful and optimistic. ;D

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
katla said:
Hi
I had applied for my citizenship on Dec 18, 2013 and received a letter on March 18, 2014 with a booklet stating my application process has started on March 1, 2014.

Could anyone please let me know the stages that are involved in citizenship process.

1. Application mailed
2. Acknowledgment from CIC
3. Test notification date ?
4. Test day
5. Oath notification (mail/web)

6. Citizenship

Not sure what is "RQ" and "transfer to Local office"

Timeline as follows:
Application mailed: Dec 2013
Application process started: March 2014

Hi,

You can add your time line in December 2013 excel sheet. We have seperate thread for December 2013 applicants, started by Scylla.