+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

approved1x

Apr 5, 2014
dreamchaser said:
@ a.R : My wife got an RQ from the local Calgary Office Feb end; docs submitted March 4th Week; She got her Test Letter Today! I applied 4 months before her, got no RQ and am still waiting for a test date.
Did you have your kid(s) on your application?

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
dreamchaser said:
@ a.R : My wife got an RQ from the local Calgary Office Feb end; docs submitted March 4th Week; She got her Test Letter Today! I applied 4 months before her, got no RQ and am still waiting for a test date.

Its a good news for RQ applicants....Calgary is now processing 2014 RQs in superfast mode, that's less than a month. On the other side non-RQ recipients still waiting. CIC is not giving any value to the queue, on another note...Mississauga office is processing thousands of applications within a month, I strongly believe Calgary is not even close to 200 applications a month......

very unfortunate to under Calgary CIC office jurisdiction......

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamchaser said:
1. What are your respective timelines?

2. Did your wife get the Form CIT0171 (RQ full version) or CIT 0520 (RQ Lite) Documentary Evidence of Residence?

3. Who issued RQ - Sidney or Calgary (check the postmark on the issue letter).

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
Right

My updated timeline is:

Application received on ........................April 8, 2013
Start processing application ..................June 11, 2013
File transferred to Calgary Office.............Jan 28, 2014

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
Msafiri said:
1. What are your respective timelines?

My timeline is updated in excel.

2. Did your wife get the Form CIT0171 (RQ full version) or CIT 0520 (RQ Lite) Documentary Evidence of Residence? : Form CIT0171 (RQ full version)

3. Who issued RQ - Sidney or Calgary (check the postmark on the issue letter).Calgary

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
Its sad to see there is virtually no progress with any of the applications on the spreadsheet, there is no movement at all it seems!!

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
APR2013APP said:
Its sad to see there is virtually no progress with any of the applications on the spreadsheet, there is no movement at all it seems!!
Saskatoon, Edmonton, Vancouver showing movement, I have no idea what Calgary is doing........few Oath schedules and no citizenship test invites, its waste to have an office here, unnecessary burden on tax payer. I am not sure if everybody went on long vacation ??

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
Does anyone know from a friend at least how long the citizenship application process takes in Calgary? as in from start to finish? I need some kind of average wait time so that I know when to start to worry.
I was told by CIC agent to call them back on October 29, 2014 if I didn't get a test invitation by then, which is a year and a half after receiving my application. I'm not sure what kind of action they will be taking at that point...I hope I get invited for the test before then.

last.fortune.last

Apr 15, 2014
One of my friend applied after 2 months after me in Toronto. Even he got the finger print checking, he is taking exam first week of the next month. For my file, nothing changed.. Just waiting..

Some of my friends who applied last year still waiting the exam date.. I applied by August 2013, and I do not expect anything before next year..

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Guys keep in my mind dineshabe was told by the CIC agent that he should be getting the letter for the test in May and if he doesn't he should contact them. I'm really hoping that in the next week or two we would definitely see some activity.

@Panorama47, you should call and see what response you get from CIC call center agent.

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
yes a.R I hope so too, but does anyone have information on how long the process takes in Calgary from start to finish on average??