+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
I dont know if that represents the average though, if I consider Canadiancoops timeline as an average then I shouldn't expect a test before November 2014 which I don't think reflects a normal processing timeline, that's just my thinking though.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
@ APR2013APP this is all we have on this forum. It does give you a rough idea, though. The other thing you can do is look at ksenya and then just add 43 days for oath. Hopefully dreamchaser will add his wife's timelines and then you can compare all three and come up with an estimated average or wait for other people to get test notifications.

From your timelines in the sheet, i dont think you should expect anything before first week of July, unless things change.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Or CIC is processing in batches and your file comes in this months batch. Which might be possible. Its just too early to say anything.

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
I have two know friends following are their timelines. Both are from Calgary.

Single application - middle aged lady - Applied in April 2012 - Test in Feb 2014 and oath in April 2014(became Canadian citizen) --- NO RQ.

Family of 5 - Applied in March 2012 - Finger print request and RQ in Feb/Mar 2013 - Test in Feb 2014 and oath in April 2014(became Canadian citizens) - RQ'ed both Adults in the application.

November 2012 onwards English requirements got changed so...I feel fewer applications ????

Calgarian_SW

Jan 20, 2014
APR2013APP said:
Does anyone know from a friend at least how long the citizenship application process takes in Calgary? as in from start to finish? I need some kind of average wait time so that I know when to start to worry.
I was told by CIC agent to call them back on October 29, 2014 if I didn't get a test invitation by then, which is a year and a half after receiving my application. I'm not sure what kind of action they will be taking at that point...I hope I get invited for the test before then.
Hey APR2013APP, yours and my application are in pretty much similar timeline, except your LOT was 3 weeks ahead of mine.
My hope is that thing will get done in 2014. But based on people timeline, we should have some good news late in the summer. Fingers crossed!

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
I am worried because I have been on this forum for so long and very few people got a citizenship invitation, I have been monitoring updates of all the people that applied from Calgary for over 4 months, and all I could see is mostly invitation to applications processing in Jan 2013 or before except Touche who seems to be a special case.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no/little political will to address the processing time issue outside Ontario. Unless an applicant in a slower Local Office takes their delay to the Federal Court complaining of unfair treatment with reference to a fast Office then nothing to do but wait your turn. The legal profession doesn't even want to touch RQ delayed cases so the 'its slow compared to' argument will have even less takers. Remember the delay when you eventually get to vote!

Montrosco

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
YYC_CICGUY said:
Saskatoon, Edmonton, Vancouver showing movement, I have no idea what Calgary is doing........few Oath schedules and no citizenship test invites, its waste to have an office here, unnecessary burden on tax payer. I am not sure if everybody went on long vacation ??

How can you see Saskatoon moving

this is my time line with them\

1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 11, 2013.

2-We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 11, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3-We started processing your application on June 21, 2013.

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Montrosco said:
How can you see Saskatoon moving

this is my time line with them\

1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 11, 2013.

2-We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 11, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3-We started processing your application on June 21, 2013.
Check in respective location threads or in threads based on months in this forum, however authenticity is a big question !

dineshabe

Aug 16, 2010
still nothing for me guys.

i have very less expectation from cic, my parents did not get their PR card for 8 months after they landed.

they wont change the address on file for a friend of mine between COPR and PR card. he moved in-between and had to call the new resident every week about his PR card for 2 months :)

another friend of mine received a letter dated 10 days earlier on a thursday informing he has citizenship test the next tuesday :p

so if i get a letter on may 31 informing me about a test on june 1 and a citizenship ceremony a yr later i will not be surprised !!

</rant-over>

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, Msafiri :) agrees that the conservatives are playing dirty games and this requires proper awareness created among the new and existing Canadians. 8) Good for you Msafiri and I warmly welcome you to our world.

MR Stephen Harper

Jan 12, 2014
YYC_CICGUY said:
Check in respective location threads or in threads based on months in this forum, however authenticity is a big question !
True...i really dont believe ANY. of the time lines posted by pple on this forum.Very outrageous claims,we dont know how reliable their info is,some lie about their application being routine yet they are or become non routine and all kinds of things that we dont know that can affect how smooth their applications flow.Too much second hand info on this forum,too much "my very good friends application timeline info....blah blah blah!"

dineshabe

Aug 16, 2010
".i really dont believe ANY. of the time lines posted by pple on this forum.Very outrageous claims"

Very outrageous because you have data to prove the opposite ? Somehow all liars in cgy landed in this forum ?