+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Posting a friend's Timeline here:
Application start processing on Oct 12, 2012 and no news since.
Already emailed her to call CIC and find out when her file got transferred to local.

canadiancoops

Jan 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is my timeline for Calgary: 21 months

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 4, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 4, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on January 16, 2013.

4.We sent you a notice on January 13, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 21, 2014 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.We sent you a notice on February 25, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

MR Stephen Harper

Jan 12, 2014
Though its good to have updates,but posting a friends citizenship application timeline on this forum i find it misleading and frankly unreliable! I encourage pple to post truthfull and reliable info on this forum rather than another persons application timeline of which becomes third hand information and unreliable as a result.Rather post your own experiances,your own timelines,coz you dont know how reliable your "friends"info is.It could be a non routine application,or they failed an exam or missed an appt,or requested to reschedule an appt, questions might still remain unanswered..who knows.Im saying all this coz im noticing the processing times that some pple are claiming here,based on their "very good friends" applications ,are just too off and wildly exaggerated.Obviously,there are details missing which renders these applications as non routine.In a nutshell,some posts on here,are just simply untruthfull!

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted a quick clarification,

My processing office is Calgary. I have seen instances where the app was sent in June/July 2012 and started processing in Jan 2013.
They have received their test call for Feb/Mar 2014.

In my case I sent in the app in Jan 2013 and started to process in Mar 2013. No response yet.

My question is in the first instance the file was sent and then began processing 6 months after it was received.
2nd instance File was sent and then began processing 2 months after it was received.

If all is smooth and the file has been transferred to the local office in November 2013, does it mean that I should receive my call in March 2014 as well?
And why is there a 2 month and a 6 month difference between receiving and starting to process the file ?

Please advice.

Thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary CIC was affected by the floods being on the Bow River path..this held up batch pulls of files from Sidney.

As a result many of those those who applied in Q2,Q3 and Q4 2012 ended up being put into process with Q1 2013 applicants in Q1 2013 end/ Q2 2013 i.e. March/ April 2013. There are a large number of Q2,Q3,Q4 applicants who have your same 'in process date' but they are ahead of you in the 'waiting for test' line since they got to Sidney before you.

June 2014 may be more realistic as a test timeline for you but since CIC doesn't always seem to work on a first in first out basis you may find a test invite letter in your mail this week negating my 2 cents! If you knew your background expiry dates then it will add substance to any extrapolation...as always your mileage may vary!

Good luck

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Hey,
Thanks for the reply.

Is there a way to find out when those background checks are expiring?
I am assuming they will have to issue a test date at least 2 months before the expiration of those checks? No?

I am soooooo eagerly waiting ! :)

walelo

Mar 11, 2014
I have applied in Calgary as the following since 2011:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 2, 2011.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 2, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on September 10, 2012

Could anyone advice me as it is really long time!!!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yycdxb said:
Hey,
Thanks for the reply.

Is there a way to find out when those background checks are expiring?
I am assuming they will have to issue a test date at least 2 months before the expiration of those checks? No?

I am soooooo eagerly waiting ! :)
1. Call Centre agent may tell you
2. GCMS notes will clearly show when these were run, the result and the validity (except CSIS intelligence no data shown)

Sorry it doesn't work on the basis that CIC look at the applicants checks and decides as an act of kindness to schedule you before they expire...if by the time they get to schedule you the checks are expired they put you on hold and then run the checks again. This is why being in a lengthy processing Local Office such as Calgary has become sucks big time...the background checks can easily influence your timeline. If you are in a fast Local Office like Mississauga then you are done the oath by the time the checks expire by which point its moot and you can in theory have a (post oath) rap sheet a mile long!

justmeinyyc

Jan 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walelo said:
I have applied in Calgary as the following since 2011:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 2, 2011.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 2, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on September 10, 2012

Could anyone advice me as it is really long time!!!

You need to call CIC and ask why there is such a huge delay in processing your file. (Assuming you have a routine application and did not receive a RQ.) I am also in Calgary, applied in Jan 2012 and received my citizenship last October. Good luck!

walelo

Mar 11, 2014
justmeinyyc said:
You need to call CIC and ask why there is such a huge delay in processing your file. (Assuming you have a routine application and did not receive a RQ.) I am also in Calgary, applied in Jan 2012 and received my citizenship last October. Good luck!
I called them and they said the time line now is 36 months, I got the RQ and sent it in Dec 2012!

canadiancoops

Jan 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes sadly this is normal timeline for RQ.

My friend in the same town as me applied through Calgary in January 2011. He rec'd pre test RQ . He just had is test Feb 14/2014 and still has no word of Oath.

I submitted mine through calgary in June 2012 and didnt receive RQ and had test Feb 21/2014 and have Oath March 26.

It really does appear to hold it up a good 12-18 months even for the same office and even after the test, which I dont understand why.

dineshabe

Aug 16, 2010
How do you know that you will get RQ ?

Mine has been in CGY office from 2013 oct :| i applied in 2012 Oct .

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
@dineshabe I was looking at other forums and someone posted that they wrote the test last week and their file was transferred to Calgary office on Aug 29, 2013. So if CIC Calgary is consistent they should be inviting to the test people with applications transferred to local office in September and October. So hopefully you will get your invitation to the test in the next few weeks if not days. Please keep us updated as my file was transferred to Calgary on Dec 18, 2013. Thanks

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dineshabe said:
How do you know that you will get RQ ?

Mine has been in CGY office from 2013 oct :| i applied in 2012 Oct .
You'll find 5 completed applications from Calgary submitted around 2012 with more recent oath ceremony dates in the following compilation:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArnuR0El8SEtdEhMS0dQNEQwVXppZ3VDdWNsVlM0TXc&usp=sharing#gid=0