+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

JoeYYC

Jan 18, 2014
JoeYYC said:
Eh!! don't be that optimistic, Calgary is a Conservative stronghold and they don't need to appease immigrants here. They are working hard elsewhere to appease immigrants, especially in Ontario, where immigrants' votes might mean majority gov/minority gov/ or kissing the office goodbye.
On a second thought, our hope is to build pressure groups of immigrants in Calgary and even all over Alberta to work on the issue. Conservatives know that Calgary is their stronghold, actually it is their base, and without a great motivation, they would not even bother to recognize our existence, especially that many of their supports are anti-immigrants. Although, we as PRs can't vote yet, though we can work on having those pressure groups, work with the apposition, volunteering with other parties

Breakthroughs could happen. Edmonton is not entirely conservative, and even in Calgary we have Naheed Nenshi as mayor. We could ask immigrant-friendly candidates to run or we can show our dissident of the current immigration polices of the Conservative gov. If Conservatives don't feel threatened they will not work on expediting the processing times of Calgary. They are feeling threatened in Ontario, especially GTA and that's why you see them expediting the processing times there.

We should make our voices and actions heard. Write to your MP, go to commentary pages in newspapers, volunteer to other parties, organize pressure groups.

dineshabe

Aug 16, 2010
or we can parade down downtown with "Vote conservative " and our our UCI numbers in a board :p

jokes aside. it is really ridiculous that ppl in ontario who applied in jun/july 2013 have their exam dates.

so my question, why do they give citizenship processing to provinces ?

JoeYYC

Jan 18, 2014
dineshabe said:
or we can parade down downtown with "Vote conservative " and our our UCI numbers in a board :p

jokes aside. it is really ridiculous that ppl in ontario who applied in jun/july 2013 have their exam dates.

so my question, why do they give citizenship processing to provinces ?
They give citizenship processing to provinces, presumably to ease the communications, and if someone needs an interview or a hearing. But that does not justify the huge discrepancy in processing times among offices; one office in Scarborough would finalize an application in 10-12 months, the very same application would be finalized in around 25 months in Winnipeg. That's unfair.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A recent ATIP (via another forum) has detailed statistics of 2013 citizenship applications received I believe to Q3 2013. I did a quick calculation to confirm that the number of Citizenship Judges is in line with applications received i.e. Ontario has just over 50% of applications and has 50% (16) of the CJs.

On the presumption that all the CJs and Citizenship Officers work to a standard time e.g. 9 am - 5 pm including days off, vacation etc then the issue must be CIC Local Office staffing levels i.e. are the Ontario Local Offices better staffed? The other issue could be the make up of the Local Office...do they have a similar ratio of officers with decision making powers? Batch file pulls for Calgary for example as per Local Transfer dates on the forum from Sidney are consistently behind those of the GTA - it appears that by the time a routine GTA applicant is at oath stage or even increasingly several months post oath stage the Calgary applicant is having their file lined up for transfer from Sidney.

A thorough stats analysis could be carried out taking into account standard deviations etc that requires a breakdown of Local Office staffing levels and expertise. Something is amiss at the Local Office level....add to this increasing sentiment that the political will to speed things up outside Ontario is non existent...regrettably there isn't exactly a complaints department at CIC!

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Hi Everyone,
First of all I apologize for being extremely lazy. I have been reading this thread for about 2 months, 3 times a day ! Heheh! But never made the effort to sign up and contribute, should have done this earlier.

Heres my timeline.

Received the application - Jan 25 2013
In Process Date - March 26 2013
Date Transferred to Local Office - Nov 6 2013

I am assuming that my test date is very nearby, but again theres no one here from the Calgary region to justify this.
People from Ontario with a similar timeline are in the process or have already been assigned test dates.

Can anyone give me a heads up on how soon it could be for me?

Thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yycdxb said:
..........Can anyone give me a heads up on how soon it could be for me? Thanks
CIC has up to 9 months from Nov 2013 to schedule the test...based on the few Calgary applicants posts on this forum and other similar forums June 2012 Calgary applicants are currently being scheduled for Feb 2014 testing. If at month 9 you are still waiting contact CIC they will send a 'remember this applicant' notification to the Local Office.

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Bummer! I was hoping more towards the end of Feb, I should be receiving a call.
But oh well, what can be done.
In some forums I have read that after the file has been transferred to the Local Office it took about an average of 5 months to get called in for the test.
So I was hoping, since it was transferred first week of Nov, I would be called for March.
Anyone else with the same timeline? any updates ? When was the file transferred to the local office?

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
Hi its my first time here on this forum, I applied for citizenship at the end of April 2013 from Mississauga and 4 months after that I moved to Calgary. Here is my timeline:

Application received April 29, 2013
AOR and booklet Sept, 2013
in Process July 9, 2013
Changed address Aug, 2013
Received line disappeared Mid Nov 2013 (Called CIC and was told that file is in transit to local office)
LOT Dec 18, 2013 (file was transferred from Sydney directly to Calgary)

No test date yet...Hope this would be helpful to Calgary applicants since we don't have too many of them in here.

Calgarian_SW

Jan 20, 2014
APR2013APP said:
Hi its my first time here on this forum, I applied for citizenship at the end of April 2013 from Mississauga and 4 months after that I moved to Calgary. Here is my timeline:

Application received April 29, 2013
AOR and booklet Sept, 2013
in Process July 9, 2013
Changed address Aug, 2013
Received line disappeared Mid Nov 2013 (Called CIC and was told that file is in transit to local office)
LOT Dec 18, 2013 (file was transferred from Sydney directly to Calgary)

No test date yet...Hope this would be helpful to Calgary applicants since we don't have too many of them in here.
Hey APR2013APP,

Same timeline here...
Application received April 22, 2013
In Process July 8, 2013

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Hi Guys this forum has been dead for a while?
Any updates for the Calgary Office?
The only thing I hear from the call center is your file has been transferred to the local office in November 1st week.

Thanks

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I called two weeks ago and guy from call center told me we should have our citiz. test in 4 months....

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
From other forums it looks like they are now sending test notifications to applicants who started processing in January. CIC offices have hired more staff since the beginning of this year including Calgary office, so I am hoping that will speed up the process.