+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Yeah. People who got their files transferred in Oct got the notice for interview in end of March, while their test was scheduled for April. You should be hearing something around 1st week of June. Wonder if applicants who's file got transferred in Nov have heard anything?

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
I think logically they will go by transfer date which explains why some people on other sites who applied in May 2013 have been invited to test and others who have applied in 2012 are still waiting. But again who knows what they do, I was under the impression that they will speed up the processing since they hired more employees early this year but so far nothing has changed.

BTW We need more participation in the Calgary area, Please everyone don't just read the comments and leave. it takes 2 minutes to sign up and give everyone else your timeline so we can all benefit.

vias

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is my timeline .......

received June 24, 2013.

acknowledging receipt on June 24, 2013.

started processing September 16, 2013.

As per Call center agent file transferred to Calgary office in March2013.

My received line disappeared in feb19th, since then I have only In Progress line in my Ecas

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Hi, Just called in again to check if there is any updates on mine. Apparently nothing yet!

Still the same answer that its at the Calgary local Office.

My file was transferred first week of NOV 2013.

And like mentioned earlier we do need more participation from YYC so we can all be well ready in advance.

Keep in touch guys.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 7, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 7, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 2, 2013.

We sent you a letter on November 7, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The november 7th communication was a letter asking the exact dates I was away from Canada since I become a PR. Nowhere in the letter it was mentioned RQ. I sent the response almost immediately. When I called after a month or so, twice I was said the application is now sent for background check. Once the agent had no clue and she said there's no info and she didnt receive my letter at all.

Later in Jan/2014 I called back (thank God this time I got an agent who knows what he's talking about) and the agent said my app will eventually be passed to Calgary in a short span of time and I should receive my test invite by Sept/2014.

Honestly, I didnt want to call these guys after this. So I keep checking my e-Case alone. So far no info. Just curious,
1. did I get an RQ?
2. if so how long is this going to take for the test?

I for the life of me could not understand why I received an RQ if I indeed got one. Never travelled to US, just visited India my native twice each time for 3 weeks and I had good reasons for it. Was employed fulltime during the qualifying period of 3 years. Though I moved from the US and for the first 1 year after I became PR I was out of Canada in US and India to wrap up things, I never set foot in US after that. My H1B was still valid for until 6 months after I started to live in Canada, I still was interested to live only in Canada because that's my choice. Are these guys at CIC looking at these facts? Weird.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
approved1x said:
Do they go by in process date or when file was transferred to the local office?
Based on variations between applied on/ received on dates, in process date and test date it seems that whoever gets assigned the file at the Local Office has a significant influence on processing time. No one knows:

1. how many officers at the Local Office
2. how many files is each officer assigned - is it more based on experience and/or rank?
3. what the work ethic and competency of the officer is

Another factor that must be getting missed out is the file handling at Sidney pre transfer and that at the Local Office upon batch pull. What happens if the storage/ file room clerk loads up your file in the box last, in the middle, on top and then this box gets out of place. Does CIC have a numbering system for the files?

Ideally ecas would reflect a medical room where applicants had a number in line..it would say now processing number 50 and if you saw it took 3 months to get to number 80 and you were number 240 then you know when your turn is due. The same positional situation is manifested in test scheduling.

In summary you would expect a sequential processing which is the epitome of fairness (all other things being equal such as routine applications etc). This isn't what happens but when you are on the receiving end of the upside its joy all over - conversely if its the downside then nothing to do but suck it up.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Think the whole process can be split into four mini stages, which seem to be independent of each other:

1- Application received to in process
2- In process to Local Office Transfer
3- Local Office Transfer to Test Notification (on ecas)
4- Test to Oath

From third quarter of 2013 on wards Stage 1 has usually taken 85 ish days, this time has substantially dropped and can be attributed to investment by the government to decrease the processing time.

Stage 2 has lately been around 100 days.

The number of days for Stage 3 varies from one local office to another. I was able to get some limited Calgary office timelines specially from third quarter of 2013 on wards. For now it seems as if this is taking around 180 ish days. The last person on one of these forums from Calgary had 166 days in Stage 3. Taking 166 days into account yycdxb should be getting his\her notification by end of April, while taking the average of 180 days, around 1 st week of May.

For Stage 4, I only found 1 timeline from Calgary office (43 days).

Keep in mind that all of this was estimated using very limited timelines shared by people on these forums with Calgary as their local office. I'm sure we can better predict processing times for every stage more accurately, if we have a enough users sharing their timelines. So please share your timelines broken down by stages mentioned earlier.

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
approved1x said:
Is it the norm to have different 'in process' dates for parent and kids on the same application?

Yes, Wife & Husband difference may be in few days say 1-5days and children's dates in weeks to months from their parents.....not sure why they do like that but I think its normal so be cool.

approved1x

Apr 5, 2014
Oh thanks then, good to know.

Here's my timeline below;
Application Resent: September, 2013
Application received:19th September,2013
Acknowledgement of receipt: 19th September,2013
In Process: 6th Jan,2014
Acknowledgement letter and study guide:6th January, 2014.
Address changed from YQG to YYC: Late Jan 2014.
LOT: 19th March 2014Calgary CIC, awaiting test schedule.
Test Date:TBA.
Oath Ceremony: TBA.

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
@dineshabe

And their has been no correspondence since your file got transferred?? They didn't ask for addition information or anything?

mycanada_app

Feb 28, 2014
dineshabe said:
My file was transferred to local office in oct 2013. still no word about interview.
dinesh,

Treat this as good sign, no RQ.....so you might soon be called for Citizenship test....I see some of the people got test letters who's file got transferred in Oct, so goodnews may be on the way..........

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Looks like for the files that were transferred to the Calgary CIC office in OCT 2013 are being called upon,
So that means, Alexsteward and dineshabe are in line and then my turn which is Nov 2013.
So guys please keep checking and posting as soon as you hear anything!

Cheers