+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I'm thinking if the employer needs to pay the compliance fee and submit the job offer to the employer portal considering the below exemption, assuming the to be approved PGWP.

You don’t need to pay the employer compliance fee if you hire a worker:

https://www.ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1186&top=17
That’s true of you have PGWP but right now as you are extending your stay as a temporary resident and you can’t extend your pgwp , you you are applying for closed work permit. In this case your employer have to submit job offer under employer portal and pay $230 compliance fees . Then you have to file application and put that job offer in work permit application and attach WPSL letter, job letter, nomination letter and submit application and have to pay another work permit application fees .

eudigao

Oct 26, 2018
So, my friend has this couple from Brazil who were in Toronto. The guy got a job offer at a famous restaurant, and the restaurant owner applied for an LMIA for him. At first, I was super happy for him, but now I'm a bit worried. Let me break it down:

1. The restaurant owner said she'd apply for the LMIA but insisted he needed a lawyer.
  2. The owner told him he had to pay for the lawyer and all the immigration fees.
  3. Even though the owner said he had to wait for his work permit (WP), she suggested he could start working immediately without it because she urgently needed help.
  4. The owner pays him $15 per hour, which is less than Ontario's minimum wage.
Here's the sketchy part: When he started looking for a lawyer, the owner said she'd only handle the process if he hired the specific lawyer she recommended. This lawyer charged him $17,000 plus fees for the application. He's paid the money, did the medical part with his family, but he has no access to the online application – all the info is with the lawyer. He's clueless about what's happening.

I suggested they try going to the border for the work permit, so he could be legally working and apply for OHIP, but the lawyer said he couldn't and must wait for it at his address.

Another concern is that there are names on the weekly work schedule who never show up, and my friend wonders if they're real employees.

The lawyer asked for the remaining $5,000, gave him the owner's email to pay directly, and claimed it was part of her fee – $10,000 for the LMIA.

I'm worried this might be fraud, especially because both the owner and the paralegal are from the same country where many students got caught for visa fraud.

They are good and honest people, any advice for this young family?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
So, my friend has this couple from Brazil who were in Toronto. The guy got a job offer at a famous restaurant, and the restaurant owner applied for an LMIA for him. At first, I was super happy for him, but now I'm a bit worried. Let me break it down:

1. The restaurant owner said she'd apply for the LMIA but insisted he needed a lawyer.
  2. The owner told him he had to pay for the lawyer and all the immigration fees.
  3. Even though the owner said he had to wait for his work permit (WP), she suggested he could start working immediately without it because she urgently needed help.
Here's the sketchy part: When he started looking for a lawyer, the owner said she'd only handle the process if he hired the specific lawyer she recommended. This lawyer charged him $17,000 plus fees for the application. He's paid the money, did the medical part with his family, but he has no access to the online application – all the info is with the lawyer. He's clueless about what's happening.

I suggested they try going to the border for the work permit, so he could be legally working and apply for OHIP, but the lawyer said he couldn't and must wait for it at his address.

Another concern is that there are names on the weekly work schedule who never show up, and my friend wonders if they're real employees.

The lawyer asked for the remaining $5,000, gave him the owner's email to pay directly, and claimed it was part of her fee – $10,000 for the LMIA.

I'm worried this might be fraud, especially because both the owner and the paralegal are from the same country where many students got caught for visa fraud.

Go through this process.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/vulnerable-workers.html

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Finally, I got my eCOPR today. Here is my timeline:
AR: November 18, 2022
AOR: January 18, 2023
Medical Request: May 4, 2023
Medical Passed: August 10, 2023
ADR1 : January 18: Schedule A
ADR2: August 9, 2023 (Schedule A, Employment Letter, Renewed Passport for spouse)
PAL: Sept 12, 2023
P1: Dec 7
P2: Dec 14
eCOPR: Dec 222
V.O. ETOBICOKE IRCC
COPR Expiry: April 20, 2024
PR Card: On the way
I wish fellow applicants success and Godspeed! Happy Holiday guys!

accidenteleng

Jul 30, 2022
Hi,

For Additional Supporting documents, All are mandatory? or Mandatory ones are "Supporting Documents for Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)" only.

psdey

Apr 3, 2020
URGENT: Do anyone have experience of not having birth certificate from India and which document could be acceptable if don't have birth certificate: URGENT
Indian government has made everything online for each state. just search for birth certificate application online for your state. they provide hard copy or soft copy in regional language and in english .. you should fill online application for that

ritesh.pandya

Dec 22, 2023
Thanks for your response! I didn't, but I did get a note through the webform that they have received it + temporary number. Hope this is enough for someone to finally decide to pick up my application and do something about it after 15 months of waiting.
Same thing happened with me. Can you please help me generate web form?

hemant_s

Aug 12, 2023
Can we use the old payment receipts of returned application for resubmitting new application in non express PNP application? Do anyone have any experience?

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022

I believe %100 it’s fraud, LMIA fee is only $1000 which is employer responsibility to pay that, and she is asking $10000 for LMIA fee?

raza321

Star Member
Feb 18, 2023
Finally, I got my eCOPR today. Here is my timeline:
AR: November 18, 2022
AOR: January 18, 2023
Medical Request: May 4, 2023
Medical Passed: August 10, 2023
ADR1 : January 18: Schedule A
ADR2: August 9, 2023 (Schedule A, Employment Letter, Renewed Passport for spouse)
PAL: Sept 12, 2023
P1: Dec 7
P2: Dec 14
eCOPR: Dec 222
V.O. ETOBICOKE IRCC
COPR Expiry: April 20, 2024
PR Card: On the way
I wish fellow applicants success and Godspeed! Happy Holiday guys!
Congratulation. and when your BG specifically security went in progress and how long it took to clear.

P2410

Nov 20, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I need to check about BOWP. My PGWP expires on Jan 11, 2024, but I applied for BOWP as I got my AOR for the PR application (Non Express PNP).
However, I haven't received any update for my BOWP application after receiving a letter on the next day I applied.

I have received this letter after applying my BOWP: WP-EXT only except PGWP

Is anyone in the same boat, please advise.

Thanks

Reactions: ECCA98

ECCA98

Star Member
Sep 5, 2023
Hi Everyone,
I need to check about BOWP. My PGWP expires on Jan 11, 2024, but I applied for BOWP as I got my AOR for the PR application (Non Express PNP).
However, I haven't received any update for my BOWP application after receiving a letter on the next day I applied.

I have received this letter after applying my BOWP: WP-EXT only except PGWP

Is anyone in the same boat, please advise.

Thanks
Hello, we are in the same situation. My PGWP will expire in Feb and I submitted my BOWP application 54 days ago. Like you said, till now no one even opened my application. But since we have the letter that permits us work until the approval, we are good to go. Even with an expiry date on that letter, we don't care. We are authorized to work until we get a decision.

Reactions: P2410

Flowerman

Star Member
May 3, 2023
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
App. Filed.......
06-03-2023
AOR Received.
21-03-2023
LANDED..........
June 1 2023
Hi guys, did OINP myself, got nominee certificate last week (International Student stream); the next step is applying for non-EE PNP. The process seems longer (up to 15 months) and more complicated than EE. I did some research on consulting firms, the price tag is around 3k5 cad plus fees, not sure if it's a fair price. Is it worth hiring, or I can definitely do it myself as I did with my OINP?
As IRCC puts it, you don’t need someone to apply for you…I’ll say, DIY. Process is fairly simple to do once you go by the instructions and guide. If you don’t have a complicated situation, everything you’ll need to submit a complete application is available online and on this great forum.

Times are tough and the $3k plus will do you some real good. If you get stuck midway through the process, get help on this forum and save yourself some money for the holidays.

good luck and cheers!