+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Hello everyone; my spouse's passport has less than six months of validity, and the renewal process is ongoing. IRCC sent an ADR requesting a renewed passport, and I sent a note (with proofs) of the current passport renewal process to IRCC. However, other family members in the application have their passport expiry date still okay. Can this lead to a delay in my application. The passport renewal process may last for another two months. Or would it be possible to still get portals 1 and 2 and later submit my spouse's passport when it is ready? Does anyone have a similar experience or know someone with such an experience?

Last edited:

vi10496

Jun 25, 2023
No it will not cause any delay. Looks like they are doing your background check. If it’s under review, that would not cause any complications or delays to processing.
Can you please help me as I submitted my file on 18th May 2023 & still waiting for AOR what can I do to get AOR ?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Can you please help me as I submitted my file on 18th May 2023 & still waiting for AOR what can I do to get AOR ?
You can’t do anything just beside waiting. Other option will be calling IRCC and check if they sent you email for AOR or they are still doing R10 completeness check or provide you temporary file number.

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
Hello everyone; my spouse's passport has less than six months of validity, and the renewal process is ongoing. IRCC sent an ADR requesting a renewed passport, and I sent a note (with proofs) of the current passport renewal process to IRCC. However, other family members in the application have their passport expiry date still okay. Can this lead to a delay in my application. The passport renewal process may last for another two months. Or would it be possible to still get portals 1 and 2 and later submit my spouse's passport when it is ready? Does anyone have a similar experience or know someone with such an experience?
With non-EE, knowing that processing time can vary, it's very important to keep track of passport expiry. Like even before submitting the documents (AR), you should have at least 3 years before expiry coz counting would be only for 2.5 years and then it falls under 6 months.

While I don't have much experience, but most likely, they want you to submit new passport and fill forms with new passport details before they can further process your application. This is because your passport details are linked to application, it also gets registered on eCoPR document later. So once you get your spouse passport, update IRCC via webform immediately and to VO directly as well (you must have instructions in your ADR on how to directly sent document to VO via email who requested the ADR).

Amanjotkaur18

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Hi,
I have been waiting for pr card from june 28th. I called IRCC last week, worker said, it passed processing time and he sent a message to take action as soon as possible. I also put webform and didn’t get any response.
I’m going to India next month. I’m getting worried about pr card. I have seen some folks getting pr card after 3-4 months.Does anyone have any idea what can i do as it already passed processing time!

Last edited:

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi,
I have been waiting for pr card from june 28th. I called IRCC last week, worker said, it passed processing time and he sent a message to take action as soon as possible. I also put webform and didn’t get any response.
I’m going to India next month. I’m getting worried about pr card. I have seen some folks getting pr card after 3-4 months.Does anyone have any idea what can i do as it already passed processing time!
You can only wait for your PR card to be printed and dispatched. Meanwhile you can link your PR card application to GCkey account. It will show whether your card is printed and dispatched. If you haven’t got PR card by that time , you can apply for PRTD online.

Reactions: Amanjotkaur18

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
With non-EE, knowing that processing time can vary, it's very important to keep track of passport expiry. Like even before submitting the documents (AR), you should have at least 3 years before expiry coz counting would be only for 2.5 years and then it falls under 6 months.

While I don't have much experience, but most likely, they want you to submit new passport and fill out forms with new passport details before they can further process your application. This is because your passport details are linked to the application, it also gets registered on eCoPR document later. So once you get your spouse passport, update IRCC via web form immediately and to VO directly as well (you must have instructions in your ADR on how to directly sent document to VO via email who requested the ADR).
Thanks, @mcdonal22, for your response. You know, in life, certain things do happen that can make someone look ignorant or not well-prepared for future activities to come. Countries have different policies regarding the earliest time to renew a passport and procedures for passport renewal. The AR for this Non-Express Entry PNP was just one month before one could apply to renew one's passport in my country, and immediately after the AR, the process began. As of January this year, the process had begun for a passport that would expire in December this year. That is a long time enough, and I'm sure many individuals from different countries would have had their passports ready by this time. A lot do happens at times that make even the 'perceived smartest' persons appear ill-prepared because things were simply out of their personal control. I am very well aware of this, which was why the passport renewal process started at the earliest possible time. A post regarding this was made by me (post 3449) in February of this year regarding this issue. I'm cautiously optimistic that things will be fine; I had already sent a webform and uploaded the information to my GCkey account too, as the VO's direct contact was not part of the instructions I received. Thanks for your contributions.

Last edited:

Flowerman

Star Member
May 3, 2023
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
App. Filed.......
06-03-2023
AOR Received.
21-03-2023
LANDED..........
June 1 2023
I was in a similar situation with one of my dependents. Luckily, I submitted the new passports 20 days after receiving the notification. I believe from my experience, the processing of the application will continue, however should a decision be made and the new passports have not been submitted, there may be a possibility for delays in getting the P1 notification since passports must have validity beyond 6 months.

Flowerman

Star Member
May 3, 2023
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
App. Filed.......
06-03-2023
AOR Received.
21-03-2023
LANDED..........
June 1 2023
I ordered GCMS notes on July 10th, which I received yesterday, August 10th. The last page of the notes states, "Based on Schedule A and police certificate review, Recommendation review required." On August 1st, I received an Additional Document Request (ADR) related to Schedule A, and IRCC mentioned to write designation in the tab of Work Experience section of Activity, previously, I had written "job" in it. I submitted the ADR on August 2nd, and my ADR went to under review straight away.
My Question is; Will this further complicate my application or cause a delay?
No it wouldn’t. It’s procedural to have it reviewed by another VO. Once it crosses the additional review, it’ll be recommended “passed “ and you’ll be on your way to receiving Portal 1 email. Just stay positive!

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
I was in a similar situation with one of my dependents. Luckily, I submitted the new passports 20 days after receiving the notification. I believe from my experience, the processing of the application will continue, however should a decision be made and the new passports have not been submitted, there may be a possibility for delays in getting the P1 notification since passports must have validity beyond 6 months.
Thanks, @Flowerman. I remember I asked a related question in May this year (post 4750) not even knowing it would get to this point, and you provided a response (post 4751). Thanks again for your contributions.

Reactions: Flowerman