+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

@UAE

Jan 31, 2022
I will advise you come back soon. I was in a similar situation some few months ago. Travelled out of the country a few days before portal 1. After submitting family details, I couldn’t return because I needed a PR visa to return to Canada, which took me almost 2 months to get. If you are done with whatever you are doing, I suggest you get back before portal 2.
The stress if you’re stuck outside will break you!
Thank you for your advice.
but we informed IRCC that I would return in couple of days. I was inside canada on work permit and still hold valid visit visa.

I think, valid visit visa will allow me to enter canada. Please share your opinion on this.

how you sorted while you were outside and got portal1?

thanks.

KenBiscocho

Aug 1, 2023
St. John's NL
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey folks! Almost finished my trip, so sharing my timeline:
NLPNP SW, Non-EE, Old Medicals, and Biometrics
AR - March 3rd, 2023
AoR - April 11th, 2023
PAL - April 18th, 2023
Background check completed - May 15th, 2023
COPR Number appeared on the tracker - May 18th, 2023
Portal 1 - May 19th, 2023
Portal 2 - May 23rd, 2023
Portal 2 was received after a long weekend. I immediately uploaded photos, and addresses and submitted confirmation cases for myself and my dependants today. Hope soon we'll get our eCoPR and will go further.
Good luck to everyone!
Your journey is very inspiring! May I ask what's the timeline of your NLPNP from submission of the complete requirements in the portal to receiving your nomination certificate? My wife and I submitted our application on July 20, 2023, but we haven't received any updates from the Office of Immigration and Multiculturalism.

Harman221

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Guys, I received my portal 1 today but when I went to confirm permanent residence in online portal it doesn’t show the option in my account. Please let me if I should wait it to reflect in my account or do I have to contact Ircc?
Can you please share your timeline so that it could be of some help to others as well?

Thank you

kele07

Star Member
Jul 5, 2023
Hi,
I'm calling IRCC, it says "Our office is closed today". Why is that? as far as i know today is not any holiday in Canada

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
Could be from 1 week to 3 months but there is no exact timeline for that . Order your GCMS notes and see on what stage is your application.

Question: why would you suggest ordering GCMS at this stage? If one got PAL today, other than what PAL actually means, getting PAL means file has reached and progressed at certain stage in processing an application, sometimes being close to making decisions, though you already know every file differs and getting decision on file can vary.. so why order GCMS notes now? Typically, getting GCMS is suggested when there is no updates in 4 to 5 months on file.. Would rather suggest just calling IRCC and asking for status check on assessments (like eligibility, infosharing, criminality, sec, etc..).

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Question: why would you suggest ordering GCMS at this stage? If one got PAL today, other than what PAL actually means, getting PAL means file has reached and progressed at certain stage in processing an application, sometimes being close to making decisions, though you already know every file differs and getting decision on file can vary.. so why order GCMS notes now? Typically, getting GCMS is suggested when there is no updates in 4 to 5 months on file.. Would rather suggest just calling IRCC and asking for status check on assessments (like eligibility, infosharing, criminality, sec, etc..).
Well there is no 100% guarantee that PAL means eligibility is passed . Even if eligibility is passed there maybe Criminality, security or info sharing steps which haven’t yet started. Calling IRCC call center agents don’t give you accurate information. They can only give you limited information. It’s always good to order note’s because it doesn’t put any negative impact. If you call every day to IRCC , call centre will give you information which change every day . Some agents give contracting information. FYI you can order notes at any stage . Doesn’t matter even you got AOR yesterday or your file is processing from last 2 years.

Reactions: MJHamedi

Choudhary2800

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Hi Friends,

My husband and I are on open work permit in Canada. My husband got OINP nomination with work permit support letter. Our open work permit is expiring on June 2023. With OINP work permit support letter, my husband can apply for close work permit. So my question is what about my work permit then? Will it be close work permit or open work permit? Which one I will get when I will apply for work permit on my husband's work permit?

MJHamedi

Star Member
Apr 8, 2023
Well there is no 100% guarantee that PAL means eligibility is passed . Even if eligibility is passed there maybe Criminality, security or info sharing steps which haven’t yet started. Calling IRCC call center agents don’t give you accurate information. They can only give you limited information. It’s always good to order note’s because it doesn’t put any negative impact. If you call every day to IRCC , call centre will give you information which change every day . Some agents give contracting information. FYI you can order notes at any stage . Doesn’t matter even you got AOR yesterday or your file is processing from last 2 years.
I myself, the day after got PAL called agents and they told me that everything passed but security not started! So I ordered 2 GCMS note. one from CBSA and other from IRCC. The notes from officers on my GCMS note confirmed that my application is on final stages for making decision. So I can sit back and relax and waiting for final decision. So ordering GCMS note is highly recommended no matter on which stage your application is.

Reactions: jmdbsa

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi Friends,

My husband and I are on open work permit in Canada. My husband got OINP nomination with work permit support letter. Our open work permit is expiring on June 2023. With OINP work permit support letter, my husband can apply for close work permit. So my question is what about my work permit then? Will it be close work permit or open work permit? Which one I will get when I will apply for work permit on my husband's work permit?
If your husband has closed work permit, you will get open work permit.