+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

Likkleboy

Mar 13, 2023
I've just received my gcms notes, they don't touch my application since Feb-2023.

AR: 28/10/2022
AOR: 15/12/2022
PAL: 21/02/2023
Portal 1: Loading
Portal 2: Loading

EligibilityPassed
SecurityNot Started
CriminalityPassed
MedicalPassed
Info SharingIn Progress
Me:

AR-August 19,2022

AOR-November 30,2022

MR-February 09,2023

MP-February 16,2023

Nothing afterwards.

Eligibility-Not started

Security-Not started

Criminality-Passed.

Info Sharing: In Progress since November 18, 2022

Primary visa office: Edmonton

Secondary visa office: Vancouver.

Reactions: harinder_singh

Ennoo

Star Member
Sep 27, 2022
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello All,

I have a question regarding traveling while applying for PR.

Currently, my work permit visa is valid until 2025. I am wondering if my visa would still be valid for traveling outside Canada if I receive the (COPR) just before my intended travel.

Thank you

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
Really weird question… but I’m curious to know how does it work. So I have 2 applications submitted as of now- NON EE PNP and work permit extension. And for both applications, Background check is in progress, since it’s the same applicant’s file does it accelerate the process or not? My MP contacted IRCC on my behalf for work permit application and they said everything is passed, criminality pending, I don’t know if it’s the same for PR as well or is it more advanced ?
Short answer: Over thinking can lead to uninvited questions in the back of your head, and some high level of anxiety. So, do not over think, it's quite common than you think and nothing to worry.

Long answer: This is not weird question or anything like that at all.. In fact, it is quite common among many applicants, including my myself. You see, when you get nomination certificate (which is like ITA for PR to federal govt) they also give you a work permit support letter (WPSL) from the province - they know processing at federal can get lengthy for non-EE files and purpose of WPSL is exactly that in which apply for extension of WP/TRV while your PR application is in process, and so it is very obvious that there will two applications for PA, one for PR and another for WP-Ext. Two things can happen at federal level, either they make decision on PR before WP-Ext or they make decision on WP-ext first and then on PR application.. I had two applications in similar way, I applied for PR late Aug 2022 and WP-ext (using WPSL) in Sept 2022. My WP-Ext was approved some time in Jan ~ Feb 2023 and PR application in June 2023. I know a guy from work and opposite happen, PR approved while WP-Ext file was in process, had to withdraw the WP-Ext later.

The only thing that didn't make much sense was that after WP-Ext approval, there is other application process for visa (TRV) pp stamps.. but IRCC is better than USCIS.. in U.S. one have travel back to home country for visa stamping which I think is just absurd.. I heard they were going to change that, don't know when though. Anyways, after approval processing steps are not directly related to the question above, just thought to let the folks know.

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
Hello All,

Currently, my work permit visa is valid until 2025. I am wondering if my visa would still be valid for traveling outside Canada if I receive the (COPR) just before my intended travel.

Thank you
Your TRV and any permit you have is cancelled when you land as a PR. You're inland so I'm assuming you'll receive eCOPR instead of COPR as mentioned in your post.

Reactions: Ennoo

Ennoo

Star Member
Sep 27, 2022
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Your TRV and any permit you have is cancelled when you land as a PR. You're inland so I'm assuming you'll receive eCOPR instead of COPR as mentioned in your post.
Thank you for you feedback
So if i understand well, if i receive the eCOPR i won't be able to travel ? or what would be the solution if I have a family emergency..?

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
Hello All,

Thank you
Having COPR in AST Vs getting eCoPR are different things. You WP is avoid after they accept your declaration of whether you're in Canada or Outside. Say if you get decision made on your PR application while you're outside Canada, in Portal1 Email, they specifically ask whether you're in Canada or not. You then make a call of what you want to do.

I read somewhere that there is a suggestion within IRCC that they should issue a PRTD along with eCoPR so that if someone wants to travel in emergency, they can travel and return using that PRTD however it's not yet implemented. Cutting off existing TRV upon eCoPR issuance and making wait till PR card is not ideal for many.

Ennoo

Star Member
Sep 27, 2022
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Having COPR in AST Vs getting eCoPR are different things. You WP is avoid after they accept your declaration of whether you're in Canada or Outside. Say if you get decision made on your PR application while you're outside Canada, in Portal1 Email, they specifically ask whether you're in Canada or not. You then make a call of what you want to do.

I read somewhere that there is a suggestion within IRCC that they should issue a PRTD along with eCoPR so that if someone wants to travel in emergency, they can travel and return using that PRTD however it's not yet implemented. Cutting off existing TRV upon eCoPR issuance and making wait till PR card is not ideal for many.
Okaaay, then its all about ansewring the Portal1 email. I Hope there's no limited time to do it or at least they provide 30days to reply or more maybe ?

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
Okaaay, then its all about ansewring the Portal1 email. I Hope there's no limited time to do it or at least they provide 30days to reply or more maybe ?
In portal1, instruction are given to revert within 7 calendar days to ensure there are no undue delays.

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
Thank you for you feedback
So if i understand well, if i receive the eCOPR i won't be able to travel ? or what would be the solution if I have a family emergency..?
You have two options:

Option 1: Travel and apply for a PRTD from the country you'll be travelling to.
Option 2: You can travel to the U.S and enter Canada by land with your eCOPR and passport. You dont need a PR Card when entering Canada by land, they'll be able to check your PR status at the border. To do this, you need to travel in a private vehicle, most people rent a car to do this.

Ennoo

Star Member
Sep 27, 2022
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
You have two options:

Option 1: Travel and apply for a PRTD from the country you'll be travelling to.
Option 2: You can travel to the U.S and enter Canada by land with your eCOPR and passport. You dont need a PR Card when entering Canada by land, they'll be able to check your PR status at the border. To do this, you need to travel in a private vehicle, most people rent a car to do this.
So if I decide to go with Option2 , Will it allow me travel by flight without the PR card ?

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
So if I decide to go with Option2 , Will it allow me travel by flight without the PR card ?
As long as you have a U.S visa (if needed) your pr or status in Canada is irrelevant when travelling to the US.

If your question is that if you're able to travel from the US to Canada by plane then no, you cannot. You can only enter by land in a private vehicle.

Ennoo

Star Member
Sep 27, 2022
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
As long as you have a U.S visa (if needed) your pr or status in Canada is irrelevant when travelling to the US.

If your question is that if you're able to travel from the US to Canada by plane then no, you cannot. You can only enter by land in a private vehicle.
I mean after travelling to the US by land and comeback to Canada, will it allow to travel to another country by plane after ? or I need to have the PR card anyway ?

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
I mean after travelling to the US by land and comeback to Canada, will it allow to travel to another country by plane after ? or I need to have the PR card anyway ?
While you're not PR approved yet nor have eCoPR at the moment, you can travel and return to Canada normally using your TRV.

As for when your PR application is approved and if you're in Canada at the time of your approval, it is suggested you travel after you get your PR card in hand.. In case if there is an emergency after your PR is approved but you haven't got your PR card, in that case, you can apply for PRTD after you leave Canada.

As for U.S. route in returning to Canada, entering Canada without a PR card via U.S. by land is only if you have valid U.S. visa to enter U.S. in first place and not other wise. Here is what you need to know:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

If it is still not clear and if you're still confused, you should post the question in the travel relevant threads, there are many on this forum.

Reactions: buddy013 and Ennoo