+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

Kraf245

Mar 22, 2017
Short answer: Over thinking can lead to uninvited questions in the back of your head, and some high level of anxiety. So, do not over think, it's quite common than you think and nothing to worry.

Long answer: This is not weird question or anything like that at all.. In fact, it is quite common among many applicants, including my myself. You see, when you get nomination certificate (which is like ITA for PR to federal govt) they also give you a work permit support letter (WPSL) from the province - they know processing at federal can get lengthy for non-EE files and purpose of WPSL is exactly that in which apply for extension of WP/TRV while your PR application is in process, and so it is very obvious that there will two applications for PA, one for PR and another for WP-Ext. Two things can happen at federal level, either they make decision on PR before WP-Ext or they make decision on WP-ext first and then on PR application.. I had two applications in similar way, I applied for PR late Aug 2022 and WP-ext (using WPSL) in Sept 2022. My WP-Ext was approved some time in Jan ~ Feb 2023 and PR application in June 2023. I know a guy from work and opposite happen, PR approved while WP-Ext file was in process, had to withdraw the WP-Ext later.

The only thing that didn't make much sense was that after WP-Ext approval, there is other application process for visa (TRV) pp stamps.. but IRCC is better than USCIS.. in U.S. one have travel back to home country for visa stamping which I think is just absurd.. I heard they were going to change that, don't know when though. Anyways, after approval processing steps are not directly related to the question above, just thought to let the folks know.
Thanks for taking the time to respond, really really appreciate it :)

Ennoo

Star Member
Sep 27, 2022
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
While you're not PR approved yet nor have eCoPR at the moment, you can travel and return to Canada normally using your TRV.

As for when your PR application is approved and if you're in Canada at the time of your approval, it is suggested you travel after you get your PR card in hand.. In case if there is an emergency after your PR is approved but you haven't got your PR card, in that case, you can apply for PRTD after you leave Canada.

As for U.S. route in returning to Canada, entering Canada without a PR card via U.S. by land is only if you have valid U.S. visa to enter U.S. in first place and not other wise. Here is what you need to know:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

If it is still not clear and if you're still confused, you should post the question in the travel relevant threads, there are many on this forum.
Very clear, Thank you so much for your help :)

Waitty

Star Member
May 17, 2023
I've just received my gcms notes, they don't touch my application since Feb-2023.

AR: 28/10/2022
AOR: 15/12/2022
PAL: 21/02/2023
Portal 1: Loading
Portal 2: Loading

EligibilityPassed
SecurityNot Started
CriminalityPassed
MedicalPassed
Info SharingIn Progress
almost the same... they haven't been working on my file since AOR in Feb and Pal week after that. GCMS notes say:
Eligibility - passed
Security - not started
Criminality - in progress
Info sharing - complete

VO - Ottawa. Do they very slow? your opinion, Gurus?

Evgeniia

Aug 5, 2019
Hi guys!

Here is my timeline so far: stream - OINP International student
Primary Office is Edmonton, Secondary is Vancouver

AR: Aug 2, 2022
AOR: Dec 9, 2022
Biometrics: Dec 11, 2022
MR: February 10, 2023
MP: February 23, 2023
PAL: July 11, 2023

That's it for now.

Last edited:

natasha09

Star Member
Jul 24, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have notice that my 'Application status Tracker' was updated yesterday 13/07/2023. But there seems no changes made to the status, it has been same since 19th April 2023. I am still waiting on Medical Request and PAL. Any guesses what could the update be? Or is it just the usual system update?

Likkleboy

Mar 13, 2023
Hi guys!

Here is my timeline so far: stream - OINP International student
Primary Office is Edmonton, Secondary is Vancouver

AR: Aug 2, 2022
AOR: Dec 9, 2022
Biometrics: Dec 11, 2022
MR: February 10, 2023
MP: February 23, 2023
PAL: July 11, 2023

That's it for now.
We've got the same VOs and an almost similar timeline.

Mine is August 19, 2022.

You're better than me; you've got PAL, I haven't.

It seems like Edmonton is the slowest VO.

Please let me know when you get Portal 1.

jppatel1604

Jul 14, 2023
PNP NON EE ONLINE
APPLICATION DATE= 3 OCT 2022
AOR= 7 JAN 2023
BIO= 17 JAN 2023
MR= 17 FEB 2023
MP= 03 MAR 2023
STILL SHOWING BACKGROUND CHECK ( IN PROGRESS)

CAN ANYONE SUGGEST WHAT SHOULD I HAVE TO DO?

geraldolvn

Star Member
Nov 10, 2022
almost the same... they haven't been working on my file since AOR in Feb and Pal week after that. GCMS notes say:
Eligibility - passed
Security - not started
Info sharing - complete

Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office
Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa

It is the "Vacation season" in Canada. They may have a lot of people on vacation.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMSeq

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
PNP NON EE ONLINE
AOR= 7 JAN 2023
BIO= 17 JAN 2023
MR= 17 FEB 2023
MP= 03 MAR 2023

The same scenario. The only thing is to wait...
You can order GCMS note to check your detailed status..

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
Eligibility - passed
Security - not started
Info sharing - complete

It is a bit strange why your criminality is still in progress after several months..

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
PNP NON EE ONLINE
AOR= 7 JAN 2023
BIO= 17 JAN 2023
MR= 17 FEB 2023
MP= 03 MAR 2023

What should you do?? Nothing actually, but there are couple of suggestions as follows:

1. Posting Timeline in CAP is okay, but avoid posting a question in all CAPS.. it's like yelling.

2. You can expect either PAL or an ADR before getting DM. There is also chance of not getting PAL or ADR at all but DM directly but it's not very common to see.

3. For BGC being in "In progress", its normal but If you're really into checking the BGC phases by logging into GCkey status 4x times a day, you might see something like this in phases: False IP2 >> Real IP1 (some folks skip this) >> NA2 >> Real IP2. Old post here and although they aren't official terms nor one should deep dive into it, I believe that flow still works today and for me, it was like False IP2 >> MEP >> NA2 >> Real IP2 >> ADR >> PAL >> DM.

Waitty

Star Member
May 17, 2023
It is a bit strange why your criminality is still in progress after several months..
According to GCMS notes they were going to request police certificate, but it has been taking them almost 5 months to make so complicated action!!!! we did not receive any ADR

Reactions: MJHamedi

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
According to GCMS notes they were going to request police certificate, but it has been taking them almost 5 months to make so complicated action!!!! we did not receive any ADR
I think that may be the key factor of no progress... It would be better to find an immigration consultant/lawyer to ask them how to effectively send such documents.. Alternatively we could send them via webform but we never know whether they will read it or not :confused:

Reactions: Waitty