+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

Saif11

Star Member
Jan 28, 2023
Hi, I am an International Student and my wife is an open work permit holder. But she is the principal applicant of our Non-EE provincial nomination PR application. She got employer restricted SINP nomination as an existing worker and work permit support letter as well. She already applied for PR and waiting for AOR. Now she is gonna apply for employer specific work permit for bridging her PR. My question is that does her employer need to submit employer compliance fee $230 before her work permit application? Does it applicable for an existing open work permit holder? Please help. This is a confusing gray area.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi, I am an International Student and my wife is an open work permit holder. But she is the principal applicant of our Non-EE provincial nomination PR application. She got employer restricted SINP nomination as an existing worker and work permit support letter as well. She already applied for PR and waiting for AOR. Now she is gonna apply for employer specific work permit for bridging her PR. My question is that does her employer need to submit employer compliance fee $230 before her work permit application? Does it applicable for an existing open work permit holder? Please help. This is a confusing gray area.
So basically her employer have to submit job offer in employer portal and pay $230 compliance fees and give her job number which starts with A********* following nine digits. She have to fill that Job number in her work permit application. She have to submit a new work permit application before her current work permit expires. She can’t apply for open work permit. If employer doesn’t submit job offer in employer portal then work permit will be refused.

Reactions: Saif11

Saif11

Star Member
Jan 28, 2023
So basically her employer have to submit job offer in employer portal and pay $230 compliance fees and give her job number which starts with A********* following nine digits. She have to fill that Job number in her work permit application. She have to submit a new work permit application before her current work permit expires. She can’t apply for open work permit. If employer doesn’t submit job offer in employer portal then work permit will be refused.
Thank you. I understood in a same way. But it was confusing whether it is applicable for an existing open work permit holder and already employed by the same employer.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you. I understood in a same way. But it was confusing whether it is applicable for an existing open work permit holder and already employed by the same employer.
Even if she is employed by same employer and there is restriction on her nomination certificate only way to extend work permit is to apply closed work permit. In this she needs help of her current employer to submit job offer and pay $230 fees . She can continue working under same conditions if she submit work permit application before current one expires.

Reactions: Saif11

Saif11

Star Member
Jan 28, 2023
Even if she is employed by same employer and there is restriction on her nomination certificate only way to extend work permit is to apply closed work permit. In this she needs help of her current employer to submit job offer and pay $230 fees . She can continue working under same conditions if she submit work permit application before current one expires.
Many thanks, So useful information.

dhruvjani5397

Nov 15, 2022
PR Confirmation e-mail - Jan 11 2023
Reply to PR Confirmation e-mail - Jan 17 2023
Email with PR Portal credentials - Jan 18 2023
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - Jan 18 2023
eCoPR generation date - Jan 30 2023
PR Card received - Waiting
VO - Etobicoke

Hope you will get all your E-COPR.

Do I need to do additional for PR card or It will come automatically in the mail box?

Do I need to update my SIN number from Service Ontario as soon as I get my E-COPR?

newbiepi123

Aug 20, 2020
I got my ecopr yesterday and i am currently in India and I need to travel to Canada by feb 18th, and I am an open work permit holder and have TRV based on it expiring in November this year, and I think if I apply for PRTD it will take some time to get it, so can I travel to Canada based on TRV that I have or I just need to get PRTD?
I am in a dilemma.

dhruvjani5397

Nov 15, 2022
Wait for PRTD. When you get your E-COPR, your work permit is void. So, in this situation, wait for PRTD. If you come back to Canada without PRTD, then there are chances that they won't allow you to enter in Canada.

Amr1981

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Kuwait
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
16 June 2021
Doc's Request.
24 Jan 2023
Nomination.....
28 May 2021
AOR Received.
11 August 2022
File Transfer...
Etobicoke
Med's Request
09 January 2023
Med's Done....
15 January 2023
Passport Req..
2 November 2023
VISA ISSUED...
22 November 2023
I got my ecopr yesterday and i am currently in India and I need to travel to Canada by feb 18th, and I am an open work permit holder and have TRV based on it expiring in November this year, and I think if I apply for PRTD it will take some time to get it, so can I travel to Canada based on TRV that I have or I just need to get PRTD?
I am in a dilemma.
If have a valid visa to USA, u can enter by land to Canada. This is another option.

Randp

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hi is there anyine who got portal 1 on dec 16 2022 and portal 2 on 29th dec 2022 and still waiting for copr

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
time to join u boys @moscatojuices

AR: October 2022
AOR: November 2022
PAL: December 2022
January 2023: got portal 2 right away because i proactively sent them my portal 1 credentials without getting portal 1 info
Wow..! You get portal2 because you proactively sent them portal1 credential (to your primary office)? I think now they will "proactively" mail you PR card without eCoPR. lol.