+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
How is it complicated to apply for PR by myself? or to take a a lawyer
?
Do you know how to read forms and answer basic questions? Like where you travelled before, where you lived etc.? Do you know how to fact check the accuracy of your statements? If so, no. If you lack confidence and need a holding hand, get a lawyer.

QU66Q

Jan 12, 2023
Does anyone have experience to update personal information after you submit the application? I was single when I submitted my non-ee PNP application, and now my status is common-law partner, do I need to notify IRCC and update my application?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Does anyone have experience to update personal information after you submit the application? I was single when I submitted my non-ee PNP application, and now my status is common-law partner, do I need to notify IRCC and update my application?
Yes you absolutely do. I'll show you what they asked for when I made my update. My partner is Canadian so I sent a letter of explanation, statutory common-law declaration and her passport to verify she's Canadian.

After applying for permanent residence under the Economic class - Adding a family member

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependent in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.

j_simran

Dec 7, 2022
NON EE (MPNP)
PNP approved- 11 april 2022
file linked,
PICTURE AND DETAILS uploaded on PR PORTAL- 5sept 2022
medical passed- 23 nov 2022
PAL- 24nov-2022
nothing after anyone with same or any estimations:(

QU66Q

Jan 12, 2023
Yes you absolutely do. I'll show you what they asked for when I made my update. My partner is Canadian so I sent a letter of explanation, statutory common-law declaration and her passport to verify she's Canadian.

After applying for permanent residence under the Economic class - Adding a family member

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependent in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
Really appriciate your reply, thank you so much.

tripko

Star Member
Oct 25, 2022
Do you know how to read forms and answer basic questions? Like where you travelled before, where you lived etc.? Do you know how to fact check the accuracy of your statements? If so, no. If you lack confidence and need a holding hand, get a lawyer.
I did apply and finish my application for provincial nominee by myself.
I just don't know how complicated is this one.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
WTF!?! That's great for them but at the same time it's unbelievable how utterly random IRCC functions.
They claimed that it was because he's in the Atlantic, AIP candidates get processed faster. But in the spreadsheet I saw someone under SINP get portal 1 after applying in October 2022. Not sure if it was a lie.

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
Interesting. My MP provides only their email (and phone) for all governmental issues and that's it. Next time I will call rather than email. Good to know most MP's offices are fast in solving issues.
I ended up having a call with my representative last night, she is drafting an email for my local MP. She said that Immigration lawyers have been complaining about the online system for months now, as they are also finding that the systems are glitchy and IRCC doesn't have the infrastructure to fully support it- response time even for lawyers from IRCC is really lengthy and like clients can often feel that requests are just being ignored. So it's not just us who are frustrated with how slow/unresponsive the system is- they've raised it with IRCC and effectively been brushed off.

Issues like the one I'm having where they forgot to send portal login credentials but created a case in the portal for me that I can't access should be a < 24 hr response time. Then there are the other things such as statuses or peoples applications not being accurately reflected in online systems shouldn't exist in this day and age- it's 2022 not 1993 when it comes to web technology.

In the past decade I've dealt with USCIS and the Swedish Migration Office and both were far better experiences than dealing with IRCC.

I think I might just be grumpy this morning :)

Last edited:

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I ended up having a call with my representative last night, she is drafting an email for my local MP. She said that Immigration lawyers have been complaining about the online system for months now, as they are also finding that the systems are glitchy and IRCC doesn't have the infrastructure to fully support it- response time even for lawyers from IRCC is really lengthy and like clients can often feel that requests are just being ignored. So it's not just us who are frustrated with how slow/unresponsive the system is- they've raised it with IRCC and effectively been brushed off.

Issues like the one I'm having where they forgot to send portal login credentials but created a case in the portal for me that I can't access should be a < 24 hr response time. Then there are the other things such as statuses or peoples applications not being accurately reflected in online systems shouldn't exist in this day and age- it's 2022 not 1993 when it comes to web technology.

In the past decade I've dealt with USCIS and the Swedish Migration Office and both were far better experiences than dealing with IRCC.

I think I might just be grumpy this morning :)
In fairness because US and Sweden don't actually want immigrants, so the demand is low and ability to cope is there. Not saying it's an excuse, but there is only so much money you can spend on immigration services. That being said, this is what happens when you get Deloitte to build your technology.

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
They claimed that it was because he's in the Atlantic, AIP candidates get processed faster. But in the spreadsheet I saw someone under SINP get portal 1 after applying in October 2022. Not sure if it was a lie.
Yeah, I was referring to the SINP application from the spreadsheet. It looks absolutely crazy.
But, good for them. I wish I had a friend who works in IRCC too.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Yeah, I was referring to the SINP application from the spreadsheet. It looks absolutely crazy.
But, good for them. I wish I had a friend who works in IRCC too.
That would amount to corruption. In immigration, you don't get to pick your cases they become assigned to you and you're meant to disclose a conflict of interest if you happen to personally know/have a relationship with someone who is assigned to your file. And if I was an officer who approved someone in 2 months while my colleagues are taking 10+ months, I'd probably be worried about my job and having my manager ask questions. "How come you approved this applicant so quickly?" That would send a shiver down my spine.

"Oh yeah he's my friend so I didn't bother with national security or procedural fairness of putting them in queue I just gave them portal" - You should lose your job for that.

But then again corruption does happen and I wouldn't be surprised if some applicants who are so ultra desperate actually intentionally went to Sydney, NS and loitered around the CIO, stalked an officer, confronted them with a bribe to pull strings and look at their file. Probably some grumpy old fart tired of earning $50k and approving immigrants, many of whom are smart and will achieve big ambitions and make $$ in Canada. I am 110% certain that has happened because it doesn't surprise me how far people go for things they want.

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
That would amount to corruption. In immigration, you don't get to pick your cases they become assigned to you and you're meant to disclose a conflict of interest if you happen to personally know/have a relationship with someone who is assigned to your file. And if I was an officer who approved someone in 2 months while my colleagues are taking 10+ months, I'd probably be worried about my job and having my manager ask questions.

"Oh yeah he's my friend so I didn't bother with national security or procedural fairness of putting them in queue I just gave them portal" - You should lose your job for that.

But then again corruption does happen and I wouldn't be surprised if some applicants who are so ultra desperate actually intentionally went to Sydney, NS and loitered around the CIO, stalked an officer, confronted them with a bribe to pull strings and look at their file. Probably some grumpy old fart tired of earning $50k and approving immigrants, many of whom are smart and will achieve big ambitions and make $$ in Canada. I am 110% certain that has happened because it doesn't surprise me how far people go for things they want.
Yeah, I'd just assumed the really quick processing on this one was a) down to the stream and b) the new filtering tools they have in place that can identify easier to handle cases and push them through quicker.