+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I’m the owner operator I didn’t purchased anything i just got that store to manage on commission
I can tell your mastery of English is not that great, but you need to be extremely careful with how you say certain things, especially to an immigration officer. So you're not the owner of a store, you're the general manager of a store, which is fine. As long as you don't have any legal ownership or make business profits, you're fine.

I take it that your nomination certificate isn't attached to a job or NOC, in which case you have freedom to work in any job in the province. As such, you still need to provide a letter stating that you manage a store and about your duties. You should get this written and signed by the legal owner of the business who appointed you in this position.

premkothekar

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
Is there anybody in here who knows what to do or gone through the same situation as I do.

Principal Applicant inland (Canada)
Dependent Outland

PPR:
portal 1: 18 November(PR Approval Letter Included for both PA and dependent in email)
portal 2: 22 November
Portal 2 submission: 23 November(Photo and address)
Waiting for Ecopr

The main question is Can we send dependent's passport with PPR for stamping?

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
I can tell your mastery of English is not that great, but you need to be extremely careful with how you say certain things, especially to an immigration officer. So you're not the owner of a store, you're the general manager of a store, which is fine. As long as you don't have any legal ownership or make business profits, you're fine.
Can you provide a link for that?
This is actually the first time I am hearing that.
On PGWP you can be employed or self-employed. It doesn't matter.
Sole-proprietorship is OK.
Large business ? I am not sure, but if a non-citizen, non-PR is able to register a business, I don't see a problem. By quick googling - I can't find a link that forbids temporary resident to open a business.

Sole-proprietorship self-employment is flagged as OK by official IRCC person who held a presentation at my university. After all - I received my PNP nomination with self-employment as my work experience.

Maria Odette

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
Called IRCC and found out that criminality and eligibility were both passed, but security has not started :rolleyes:

Last edited:

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Can you provide a link for that?
This is actually the first time I am hearing that.
On PGWP you can be employed or self-employed. It doesn't matter.
Sole-proprietorship is OK.
Large business ? I am not sure, but if a non-citizen, non-PR is able to register a business, I don't see a problem. By quick googling - I can't find a link that forbids temporary resident to open a business.

Sole-proprietorship self-employment is flagged as OK by official IRCC person who held a presentation at my university. After all - I received my PNP nomination with self-employment as my work experience.
Not that I'm trying to argue, but can you send me a link that states owning a business is legally permissible on a work permit? I actually haven't seen any specific wording that starting a business is permissible on a general open, closed or PGW permit. I mean there are business/entrepreneur streams which I get, but those involve buying or taking over a business in Canada and running those. You're not starting your own company from scratch.

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
Update guys:
  • November 24, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
My birthday is next week. I will now go to Church and pray.
hopefully the rest of the process happens quickly for you, i'm beginning to lose patience at nearly 3 months since medical passed. Nothing like having to rush to get a medical (6 hour travel time) to have IRCC twiddle their thumbs.

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
International Post-Graduate - BC PNP
Non-express entry Online Application Inland No Dependents

Application date: 11 Oct 2022
AOR date: 24 Nov 2022
That is really good news. Congrats. I applied 3 days ago from your application date i.e 8th Oct 2022, under the same exact stream BCPNP IPG, but I havent received AOR yet. If you dont mind telling us what additional documents did you include in your application? (Eg birth cert, pcc, medicals, language tests, job offer (no need but if you submitted one)…) I did not submit any of those except language test, so just trying to compare and see what determines their giving out AOR faster. Any information would enlighten us. Thanks

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
That is really good news. Congrats. I applied 3 days ago from your application date i.e 8th Oct 2022, under the same exact stream BCPNP IPG, but I havent received AOR yet. If you dont mind telling us what additional documents did you include in your application? (Eg birth cert, pcc, medicals, language tests, job offer (no need but if you submitted one)…) I did not submit any of those except language test, so just trying to compare and see what determines their giving out AOR faster. Any information would enlighten us. Thanks
We have attempted to dissect this more than a mad doctor splicing up an alien body. There is no rhyme or reason as to who gets AOR quicker or slower. I've seen outlanders with a family of 4 get PR faster than inlander students who have very simple files.

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
Not that I'm trying to argue, but can you send me a link that states owning a business is legally permissible on a work permit? I actually haven't seen any specific wording that starting a business is permissible on a general open, closed or PGW permit. I mean there are business/entrepreneur streams which I get, but those involve buying or taking over a business in Canada and running those. You're not starting your own company from scratch.
No worries. It's always good to inform ourselves.
My take is it is an open work permit, and if there are no restrictions on your permit or website, it is allowed. Such work just won't count towards CEC.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html

"With a post-graduation work permit, as with all open work permits, graduates can
  • work full time
  • work part time
  • be self-employed"
Here is an example how being self employed is allowed even on study permit:

The only thing I found somewhere, unofficially, is that if you own a business, you are not allowed to have a majority of shares - someone mentioned that, don't know if it's true. I am not an expert on businesses, but my guess is that falls under a specific type of business. When I was self-employed, providing services, I worked for myself - had no shares.

Reactions: moscatojuices

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
We have attempted to dissect this more than a mad doctor splicing up an alien body. There is no rhyme or reason as to who gets AOR quicker or slower. I've seen outlanders with a family of 4 get PR faster than inlander students who have very simple files.
Yeah I know it is futile, but I was hopeful before that post, with this post:
Hey guys, it does seem like they're starting to burn through the applications now and give AOR's.
The journey begins :D

- Submitted Application October 1
- AOR November 24
My AR is exactly after a week, so I was expecting AOR within a week then with this post:
International Post-Graduate - BC PNP
Non-express entry Online Application Inland No Dependents

Application date: 11 Oct 2022
AOR date: 24 Nov 2022
It felt like I got skipped along the way :(. So just trying to figure out if submission of additional documents led to this considering I did not submit Birth Cert and PCC at that time and now I have all those documents ready to be submitted.

Last edited:

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Yeah I know it is futile, but I was hopeful before that post, with this post:

My AR is exactly after a week, so I was expecting AOR within a week then with this post:

It felt like I got skipped along the way :(. So just trying to figure out what additional documents might have led to this considering I did not submit Birth Cert and PCC at that time and now I have all those documents ready to be submitted.
Again, no rhyme or reason. I had someone from Prince Albert, SK message me two days ago. A student with a very straightforward application. Followed exactly what was required from the checklist. No AOR for now 20 months.

• Angry
Reactions: MudMoverGeorge

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
No worries. It's always good to inform ourselves.
My take is it is an open work permit, and if there are no restrictions on your permit or website, it is allowed. Such work just won't count towards CEC.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html

"With a post-graduation work permit, as with all open work permits, graduates can
  • work full time
  • work part time
  • be self-employed"
Here is an example how being self employed is allowed even on study permit:

The only thing I found somewhere, unofficially, is that if you own a business, you are not allowed to have a majority of shares - someone mentioned that, don't know if it's true. I am not an expert on businesses, but my guess is that falls under a specific type of business. When I was self-employed, providing services, I worked for myself - had no shares.
Thanks so much for sharing this. I agree with your views and research.

Reactions: guardian007