+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
I have received Nomination from OINP masters and was wondering if I need to have Birth Certificate while filling out the PR application on the online PR portal? I don't have it with me right now, and was wondering if I can submit the other identity/national documents (Marksheets, Passport etc) instead. Thank you!
Hello - I applied for PR through the OINP-PHD stream. I had to submit my Birth Certificate and an English Translation of it.

Please read the instruction guide (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-p7000-application-permanent-residence-provincial-nominee-class.html) and the document checklist (https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5690e.pdf) carefully. Get everything ready and submit your application, you have six months before the nomination expires.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
No update on my medical yet. Got my request on the 15th, did it on the 17th and the clinic told me they transmitted it to IRCC yesterday. I'm annoyed I didn't do this upfront but it was hard to know because of how pathetically slow AORs were being issued.

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
No update on my medical yet. Got my request on the 15th, did it on the 17th and the clinic told me they transmitted it to IRCC yesterday. I'm annoyed I didn't do this upfront but it was hard to know because of how pathetically slow AORs were being issued.
I am sure you will get an update soon, it took them a little over a week to update my results. Hopefully, they will follow up soon with a portal 1 email. Best of luck.

Reactions: moscatojuices

imdosanjh

Aug 16, 2022
Please advice I changed my job now i own my own store and manage that and they are asking for employment letter. What should i send?

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
Work visa pgwp
@imdosanjh - If you are on a PGWP, it means you were a student. I would therefore recommend reaching out to the immigration consultant at your university/college. They usually offer immigration advice to alumni. If you do not have access to the school's immigration consultant any longer or if you do not have confidence in them, reach out to a legal/immigration professional. Search their websites because some of them offer short pro-bono consultations.

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
Please advice I changed my job now i own my own store and manage that and they are asking for employment letter. What should i send?
i think in this case it might be worth reaching out to an immigration lawyer, as it's not a particularly easy case for us to give advice on.

Reactions: SCW

newbiepi123

Aug 20, 2020
I have received Nomination from OINP masters and was wondering if I need to have Birth Certificate while filling out the PR application on the online PR portal? I don't have it with me right now, and was wondering if I can submit the other identity/national documents (Marksheets, Passport etc) instead. Thank you!
I can answer this as my personal experience, I didn't submit my birth certificate but when I linked my application they first asked me for my birth certificate and after 2 month I got AOR, so please submit it.

Reactions: SCW

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
i think in this case it might be worth reaching out to an immigration lawyer, as it's not a particularly easy case for us to give advice on.
I don't think this is particularly hard as it is confusing.

Ok thank you
What is this store you're running? Did you start your own business? Or are you the manager of a store owned by someone else? You are not being clear here. Because the very simple answer is this: if you did indeed start your own business - then this is something you are NOT meant to do on a PGWP or a conventional work permit. The only rights you have are to work, not start a business. If you have indeed started a business of some shape or form, whether as a registered or unregistered business owner, you have violated the terms of your stay in Canada and you're in trouble.

imdosanjh

Aug 16, 2022
I don't think this is particularly hard as it is confusing.

What is this store you're running? Did you start your own business? Or are you the manager of a store owned by someone else? You are not being clear here. Because the very simple answer is this: if you did indeed start your own business - then this is something you are NOT meant to do on a PGWP or a conventional work permit. The only rights you have are to work, not start a business. If you have indeed started a business of some shape or form, whether as a registered or unregistered business owner, you have violated the terms of your stay in Canada and you're in trouble.
I’m the owner operator I didn’t purchased anything i just got that store to manage on commission