+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
How do you know your background check started? I honestly can't tell if anyone knows because the message in Non-EE PNP applications always is "We are processing your background check" from the day your account is linked.

From what I can see your eligibility and background are completed/approved on the day they make your decision. So you only know these are finalized when you get DM1.
That's interesting since my account still says: "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". So, they probably have not started the background check for me yet.

CampbellR

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
Category........
PNP
There is no specific time when you can get PAL . Sometimes you don’t even get it . Only way to find out if your eligibility is passed is through GCMS notes .
Does eligibility need to be passed to receive PAL? just being curious.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020

MudMoverGeorge

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022
Does eligibility need to be passed to receive PAL? just being curious.
not necessarily it seems. I got "PAL" about 10 days after AOR, but only to get an ADR about 20 days after that (and now 3 mo have passed, NOTHING lol). So I doubt the PAL actually means anything concrete or they can revoke the "passed" eligibility with ADR when every they want lol

newbiepi123

Aug 20, 2020
Hello,
yesterday in my file I got the medical passed, it was like a ghost update, I didn't get any mail but I logged in and medical was passed, but today I got the email from cic and I got PAL, but the medical passed is disappeared, so is there any issue ?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello,
yesterday in my file I got the medical passed, it was like a ghost update, I didn't get any mail but I logged in and medical was passed, but today I got the email from cic and I got PAL, but the medical passed is disappeared, so is there any issue ?
Nope . Just a technical glitch in system. It will be back in few days. Nothing to worry about.

HK3

Nov 4, 2022
I applied through SK-SINP (inland non-express entry)
Date received: Oct. 12, 2021
Got a request for additional docs on April, 2022
AOR Aug 2022
Pre arrival Oct 20. 2022
Medical passed Oct. 21, 2022
Anyone else in a similar boat or have any idea of how long such applications are taking and what next steps are

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I applied through SK-SINP (inland non-express entry)
Date received: Oct. 12, 2021
Got a request for additional docs on April, 2022
AOR Aug 2022
Pre arrival Oct 20. 2022
Medical passed Oct. 21, 2022
Anyone else in a similar boat or have any idea of how long such applications are taking and what next steps are
Next steps are...

To sit down and wait.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I am very disturbed by the fact that the number of COPRs issued for non-EE PNP applicants has barely budged on the spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U00ooiZO57vNqjpgsTvhciDdiffcozBk8os9T_zkXVg/edit#gid=0

We keep seeing more and more applicants, more and more AORs, but no decisions.

It's like they're issuing one COPR every 2-3 weeks... at this rate who is even going to get PR? I feel awful we ended up in this stream. No transparency, months in between AOR -> MR -> ADR - > PAL -> DM -> COPR. Does no-one at IRCC work at the non-EE station?

Meanwhile, someone's spouse who never set foot in Canada before has to send 1 form, show a couple of photos, and gets PR in 4 months no problems.

Reactions: buddy013

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
I am very disturbed by the fact that the number of COPRs issued for non-EE PNP applicants has barely budged on the spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U00ooiZO57vNqjpgsTvhciDdiffcozBk8os9T_zkXVg/edit#gid=0

It's like they're issuing one COPR every 2-3 weeks... at this rate who is even going to get PR? I feel awful we ended up in this stream. No transparency, months in between AOR -> MR -> ADR - > PAL -> DM -> COPR. Does no-one at IRCC work at the non-EE station?

Meanwhile, someone's spouse who never set foot in Canada before has to send 1 form, show a couple of photos, and gets PR in 4 months no problems.
I don't really think there is an "EE" and a "Non-EE" station. I think they are just officers scattered around offices randomly picking the files that they like to work on, whether it is PNP, CEC, FSW, EE, Non-EE, etc.

SCW

Aug 22, 2018

Yes, I noticed that too. The only thing about the spreadsheets and the forums is that the information is voluntarily self-reported. It would have been nice to see the actual data for the whole category, but of course, that is out of the question. I only hope that all our fellow travellers are updating their milestones, but then everyone is busy and has so much on their plate that sometimes updating info is forgotten. This is a tough road to travel. Good luck to everyone.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm not familiar with what all the acronyms everyone is posting on their timeline means, and I found this link which may be helpful to anybody in the same situation as me:
https://www.amssa.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/IRCC-Acronyms-Acronymes-.pdf
However, the acronym PAL is not there. What does PAL mean? Thanks.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/new-life-canada/pre-arrival-services/eligibility.html

Reactions: SCW

CampbellR

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
Category........
PNP
Does background check does not start until medical passed? I received an ADR (ppc)and not medical passed yet. As Ircc requested me ppc as additional document, I though BG check would have been commencing. I am little confused now.