25-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-07-2022
IELTS Request
02-09-2022
File Transfer...
21-07-2022
FINALLY!!:)

Got an email yesterday with application number and to link my application + Biometric requests (AR: April 28, 2021)

Things are moving! good luck to all.
I pray God to give you PR Before all of us...

Jul 16, 2022
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I received application number and I was able to link my account.

- How long did it take OINP to process your nomination? I Submitted EOI at end of sept. 2021, received nomination on January 2022.
- How long did it take IRCC to give you AOR? Submitted documents on January 2022, Received the emailed mentioned above yesterday.
- What was the document request? Asking my passport bio page because the machine readable area is not clear I believe!
Congratulations. I have one question, did you pay anything to IRCC while using your nomination certificate to apply for federal (canada) PR?

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
Reactions: Afra-Sunnix

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Do we have to give biometrics again when we submit a PR application (as well as pay the biometrics fee)? Even if we've already given them in the last 10 years and they're still valid?

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
Do we have to give biometrics again when we submit a PR application (as well as pay the biometrics fee)? Even if we've already given them in the last 10 years and they're still valid?
No you don't need to pay for biometric at the time of PR application fee. If you already have given biometrics in past and if they are still valid, then the chances are IRCC won't ask for biometric.. but in case if they require, they will let you know.

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
What announcement? What are you talking about? How could you possibly be exempt from medical for PR?
yeah, i'm not seeing any announcements regarding inland medical examinations excemptions today. I know there were excemptions already during COVID for very specific conditions.

Found it here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/09/a-stronger-immigration-system-that-better-serves-newcomers.html

"the Minister will exempt permanent and temporary residence applicants who are already in Canada and meet certain criteria from the immigration medical examination requirement. Simplifying this process in the coming weeks will impact approximately 180,000 clients by helping them save time and money on the medical examination process and reducing wait times on their applications."

Last edited:

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
yeah, i'm not seeing any announcements regarding inland medical examinations excemptions today. I know there were excemptions already during COVID for very specific conditions.
He's right. Found it here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/09/a-stronger-immigration-system-that-better-serves-newcomers.html

"the Minister will exempt permanent and temporary residence applicants who are already in Canada and meet certain criteria from the immigration medical examination requirement. Simplifying this process in the coming weeks will impact approximately 180,000 clients by helping them save time and money on the medical examination process and reducing wait times on their applications."

I was stressing a bit about needing to travel 3 hours for an exam, so I'm happy with these news. But I'll wait for what the criteria is.

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
He's right. Found it here:

I was stressing a bit about needing to travel 3 hours for an exam, so I'm happy with these news. But I'll wait for what the criteria is.
yeah, i had a round trip of 6 hours for the medical exam- $800 for the exams combined for myself and my wife. we were lucky that my work reimbursed me for them. It was easily the most stressful part of the process so far.

It's an easy win to cut potentially 30 days out of waiting/processing times.

I imagine the criteria will likely be this:
  • have submitted a new application for permanent residence or for a permanent resident visa or have a pending application for permanent residence and have not yet completed a new immigration medical exam
  • have completed an immigration medical exam within the last 5 years and were found to pose no risk to public health or safety, or complied with a requirement to report to public health authorities for monitoring, and
  • have not left Canada for more than 6 months in the last year to live in a country that has a higher incidence of a serious communicable disease than Canada, as outlined in the list of countries requiring an immigration medical exam

Reactions: Miracle2018

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
yeah, i had a round trip of 6 hours for the medical exam- $800 for the exams combined for myself and my wife. we were lucky that my work reimbursed me for them. It was easily the most stressful part of the process so far.

It's an easy win to cut potentially 30 days out of waiting/processing times.

I imagine the criteria will likely be this:
  • have submitted a new application for permanent residence or for a permanent resident visa or have a pending application for permanent residence and have not yet completed a new immigration medical exam
  • have completed an immigration medical exam within the last 5 years and were found to pose no risk to public health or safety, or complied with a requirement to report to public health authorities for monitoring, and
  • have not left Canada for more than 6 months in the last year to live in a country that has a higher incidence of a serious communicable disease than Canada, as outlined in the list of countries requiring an immigration medical exam
Why did your work reimburse you?? You must be some executive they headhunted so they did it to keep you happy?

Agree with above - thank god I only holdiayed in Canada/USA for the last 6 years.

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
Why did your work reimburse you?? You must be some executive they headhunted so they did it to keep you happy?

Agree with above - thank god I only holdiayed in Canada/USA for the last 6 years.
my work reimbursed me because they were the ones who put me through the PNP process :) (long story- when i was hired their immigration lawyers realized to get me a work permit was going to be shorter going through the PNP process..3 months vs 6 months wait last year). I'd been in Canada for just over 3.5 years at another company.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
my work reimbursed me because they were the ones who put me through the PNP process :) (long story- when i was hired their immigration lawyers realized to get me a work permit was going to be shorter going through the PNP process..3 months vs 6 months wait last year)
That's awesome. Not that I'm not thankful, but I wish I was a bigshot executive or important enough that some company paid all the expenses of an immigration lawyer and left me with nothing to do/worry about other than sign papers. Oh well, maybe one day.

shivaniverma_88

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Hello! I have queries regarding the PNP with OINP. I got OINP Masters Graduate Stream Invite which I believe is non-Express Entry PR process. I might be eligible for CEC EE starting May 2023.
I need to understand if going for PNP non- EE will be a good idea right now? I have heard it has long processing timelines.
Also, can I later create an Express Entry profile along with the Non-EE PNP file in progress?
Any response will be really appreciated. Thanks!