+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

ap2021

Star Member
Mar 20, 2022
Applied through Permanent Residence Portal (the new portal) on April 13, 2021.
Received AOR today (May 2, 2022).

Hopefully that can provide a beacon of hope to some. Feel free to ask me questions through here or direct messages.

Details: BC, Base nomination, Skills Immigration – Intl Post Graduation. Currently reside in Canada. Medical done on my own initiative in October 2021, never submitted the upfront form, appears to be passed today. BIL received today. Zero changes on status on the "new portal", only emails. There were three emails today, one containing BIL as attachment, one asking me to link the application, one providing what appears to be AOR as an email, but only contains the following sentence (alongside of course the usual general crap):

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021/04/13.

Background check appears to be initiated today, showed on the "normal portal" (IRCC My Account). So does review of eligibility.
Hi,
Was it for non-express entry or express entry?
Thanks!

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
Hey, I am not able to see my application in submitted application in online portal. Is it with me or some glitch
is your case not visible at all? or does it show and is it that you cannot access it?

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
It is visible now as submitted. May there was some issue with it yesterday. All good.
Thanks for reply though
no issues, good to know about these glitches, they can cause anxiety attacks if we are caught unaware!

newbiepi123

Aug 20, 2020
I have applied PR in new portal in November 2021, I am now eligible for express entry as well and I think when the EE draws starts for CEC, I will get ITA, so my question is can I also apply for EE while my non-EE file is also processing and haven't got AOR(I will cancel that after my EE profile get started for processing)?
in short can I apply for 2 PR application at the same time in EE and non-EE ?

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
I have applied PR in new portal in November 2021, I am now eligible for express entry as well and I think when the EE draws starts for CEC, I will get ITA, so my question is can I also apply for EE while my non-EE file is also processing and haven't got AOR(I will cancel that after my EE profile get started for processing)?
in short can I apply for 2 PR application at the same time in EE and non-EE ?
Yes, you can.

Stong

May 3, 2022
Yes you can - you can apply through paper or online, it is up to you, it is the exact same thing and clearly stated on the PNP page. I'd recommend doing online as it's cheaper, quicker (in that you don't have to wait for the courier to deliver etc.), and is has more checks and balances to make sure you don't miss a key form or signature.
Thank you!

I'm doing the online application now. Is it okay that the forms don't have the validate barcode part like the instructions on the package?