+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

Motunrayokeji

May 22, 2024
Also regarding NOC,I could see on the NOC code relating to majority of my Job roles and duties that college degree or 6months on the job training is the TEER allocated to it and the Job actually requires a University degree, Kindly advice. Thank you

IuriiS

Star Member
May 17, 2019
What would happen if you got Portal 1 while outside the country on vacation? And if I am planning to stay outside for about 2 months? Thank you!

Cellboy

May 23, 2024
Hi there;

I have applied through PNP non-express entry (BC),

BC PNP non-express-skilled worker
AR - 25 Sep
AOR- Jan 15,
Bio and Medical request- Feb 14, 2024
Bio and Medical approved Feb 25, 2024
Background verification completed not yet

I will update this post hopefully soon!

BTW
1- Does the background verification depend on nationality or gender? (Idk why it has made me nervous)
2-Is there any way to predict when I can get my PR?

88mary88

Dec 1, 2021
Hey everyone, I have a concern about how I responded to the Portal 1 email. I replied on behalf of both myself and my spouse when I received it. However, my spouse also received the same email and didn't respond after my reply. Is that okay, or should he have replied as well?
it's been 9 days now but didn't get portal 2! :(

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
I have been in Canada since Dec 2021 and never left Canada. I recently got my PR approved and now I have my PR card. Can I travel outside Canada for more than a 30 days? How will they calculate my time outside Canada since I recently got approved for PR? I really need about 30 days vacation to vsist my family and I don't want to comply with my PR status. Does anybody understand how my time outside will be calculated on my return? Thanks

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I have been in Canada since Dec 2021 and never left Canada. I recently got my PR approved and now I have my PR card. Can I travel outside Canada for more than a 30 days? How will they calculate my time outside Canada since I recently got approved for PR? I really need about 30 days vacation to vsist my family and I don't want to comply with my PR status. Does anybody understand how my time outside will be calculated on my return? Thanks
Once you are PR , you can live and work anywhere you want in Canada. You can travel outside Canada as much you want to however you need to meet residency obligation to keep your PR status in Canada. You need to stay 730 days in 5 years to keep your status safe . That 730 can be continuous or can be rolling too .
The basic requirement to maintain your status as a permanent resident in Canada is simple. You must be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days within a 5-year period. This means that you can spend a total of up to 3 years outside of Canada during a 5-year period.The 730 days do not need to be continuous. To maintain your permanent resident status in Canada, you do not need to be in Canada for 730 days in a row. You can be 5 months in one year, travel back to Canada every weekend and be another 6 months another year and so on. The requirement to maintain permanent resident status includes demonstrating physical living in Canada for at least 730 days within a 5-year period. An officer confirms if your time in Canada counts when you re-enter Canada, or when applying for a permanent resident card.

Reactions: XpressGirl

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
Thank you Miss Bee. What I don't understand is what will be the 5 year period for me since I only became PR recently. For example, I became PR on 1st May 2024. Then I leave Canada for one month ( the whole month of September 1st to 30th September) and return on 1st October 2024. I was away for 30 days, what 5 year period will they use? Or it will not be a problem since I became PR recently and I am yet to go through the 5 year period?

Once you are PR , you can live and work anywhere you want in Canada. You can travel outside Canada as much you want to however you need to meet residency obligation to keep your PR status in Canada. You need to stay 730 days in 5 years to keep your status safe . That 730 can be continuous or can be rolling too .
The basic requirement to maintain your status as a permanent resident in Canada is simple. You must be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days within a 5-year period. This means that you can spend a total of up to 3 years outside of Canada during a 5-year period.The 730 days do not need to be continuous. To maintain your permanent resident status in Canada, you do not need to be in Canada for 730 days in a row. You can be 5 months in one year, travel back to Canada every weekend and be another 6 months another year and so on. The requirement to maintain permanent resident status includes demonstrating physical living in Canada for at least 730 days within a 5-year period. An officer confirms if your time in Canada counts when you re-enter Canada, or when applying for a permanent resident card.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you Miss Bee. What I don't understand is what will be the 5 year period for me since I only became PR recently. For example, I became PR on 1st May 2024. Then I leave Canada for one month ( the whole month of September 1st to 30th September) and return on 1st October 2024. I was away for 30 days, what 5 year period will they use? Or it will not be a problem since I became PR recently and I am yet to go through the 5 year period?
5 year period start’s from day you land in Canada as a PR . It started when you got signed ECOPR .

Reactions: XpressGirl

prashant55

Apr 13, 2023
Ontario, Canada
Category........
PNP
Can Somebody please answer this?

I am applying for Closed work permit inside Canada. I have received Nomination certificate from Ontario andit is employer specific.

While filling this form "APPLICATION TO CHANGE CONDITIONS, EXTEND MY STAY OR RMAIN IN CANADA AS A WORKER", what should I select to answer this question?

a) What type of work permit are you applying for?

Co-op Work Permit
Exemptoin from LMIA
LMIA Stream
Live-in Caregiver Program
Open Work Permit
Other

PGWP

If I select other, what should I write in other column? Thank you in advance.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Can Somebody please answer this?

I am applying for Closed work permit inside Canada. I have received Nomination certificate from Ontario andit is employer specific.

While filling this form "APPLICATION TO CHANGE CONDITIONS, EXTEND MY STAY OR RMAIN IN CANADA AS A WORKER", what should I select to answer this question?

a) What type of work permit are you applying for?

Co-op Work Permit

LMIA Stream
Live-in Caregiver Program
Open Work Permit
Other

PGWP

If I select other, what should I write in other column? Thank you in advance.
Exemption from LMIA

prashant55

Apr 13, 2023
Ontario, Canada
Category........
PNP
Exemption from LMIA
Thank you for your reply,

After selecting this option it is asking me to provide "Offer of Employment (LMIA Exempt) No."

Do you know where can I get this number? I tried looking for this number in my nomination certificate but I coudn't find it.

Also, as I am already in Canada, is it necessary to pay complience fees for my employer or NOT?

Thanks again.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you for your reply,

After selecting this option it is asking me to provide "Offer of Employment (LMIA Exempt) No."

Do you know where can I get this number? I tried looking for this number in my nomination certificate but I coudn't find it.

Also, as I am already in Canada, is it necessary to pay complience fees for my employer or NOT?

Thanks again.
Your employer have to submit job offer in employer portal and pay $230 compliance fees. When he submit job offer it will generate a number starting with A followed by 9 digits . That number you have to put in your closed work permit application