+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

Likkleboy

Mar 13, 2023
Hi everyone,

Please, what's the Edmonton Visa Office like?

My PR application is there, and from what I heard, it's usually the problematic applications that go there.

Who has an idea of what it's like there?

Thanks for your anticipated response.

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
Well, this is late to the reply but mine says the same thing in my notes. But its under criminality which is Passed under assessments. i think they reviewed and passed it. I was requested a new Schedule A so maybe that needs a review along with the PCC. I think that is nothing but a step before passing the criminality.
Thanks - yes, they asked me for a new schedule A too. It would be great to know what trigered the review request, but to find that answer we will have to join IRCC!

Reactions: buddy013

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
Hi everyone,

Please, what's the Edmonton Visa Office like?

My PR application is there, and from what I heard, it's usually the problematic applications that go there.

Who has an idea of what it's like there?

Thanks for your anticipated response.
A part of my application was processed at Edmonton. It appears that they actually processed it fairly quickly, but for me the big delay came in two stages. It took IRCC 10 months to issue me an AOR and then after my application was approved, it took IRCC four months to send me portal 1. According to my GCMS nothes, the actual processing, from AOR to decision made has taken about 2.5 months.

Reactions: Likkleboy

Likkleboy

Mar 13, 2023
A part of my application was processed at Edmonton. It appears that they actually processed it fairly quickly, but for me the big delay came in two stages. It took IRCC 10 months to issue me an AOR and then after my application was approved, it took IRCC four months to send me portal 1. According to my GCMS nothes, the actual processing, from AOR to decision made has taken about 2.5 months.
Thanks a lot.

I called in yesterday, and the agent told me that everything seemed to be going well.

I applied on August 19th, 2022. I got AOR in November and medicals in February.

Now, my background check says it's in progress both in GCKEY and Tracker, but from what I know, there's no way they'll finish the background check before eligibility. So I'm kind of confused and worried.

Reactions: SCW

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
Thanks a lot.

I called in yesterday, and the agent told me that everything seemed to be going well.

I applied on August 19th, 2022. I got AOR in November and medicals in February.

Now, my background check says it's in progress both in GCKEY and Tracker, but from what I know, there's no way they'll finish the background check before eligibility. So I'm kind of confused and worried.
When you call IRCC ask specific questions, like what is teh status of my eligibility check? is it started, in progress or complete? whats the status of my other assessments?... they will then respond to your individual questions. At least that is how they did it for me. Make a list of questions designed to probe/investigate the stutus of your case interms of individual assesment componants.

Reactions: Likkleboy

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
Thanks - yes, they asked me for a new schedule A too. It would be great to know what trigered the review request, but to find that answer we will have to join IRCC!
When they asked for your Schedule A, what did the request letter say? Like mine said 'Address History Gap' of 1 month. I think I did a typo in my previous form.

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
When they asked for your Schedule A, what did the request letter say? Like mine said 'Address History Gap' of 1 month. I think I did a typo in my previous form.
I have no idea why they asked for my schedule A. Here is a full list of what they asked me for on 31 October (text pasted from letter):

1) Employment Letter: An official document printed on company letterhead stating that you, in whose name the letter is printed, will be employed in Canada for a specified period of time by that company. It must list your name, the details of your employment in Canada. - Stating occupation, duties, salary and length of employment. Your letter MUST be on company letterhead, signed and dated no more than 3 months ago. Must reflect your current employment situation. Note – if you are not employed in Canada, you may provide a letter of offer for employment in Canada. If any of these are missing, your letter will be not be accepted and a new one may be requested, further delaying your application. If your employment was affected by the pandemic, COVID-19, please provide an explanation. This must be received at this office by: 2022/11/07

2) Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature - Updated and newly signed with no gaps until present date. This must be received at this office by: 2022/11/07

3) Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures - Updated. This must be received at this office by: 2022/11/07

4) IMM5562: Supplementary Information - Your Travels - You must declare travel history for each applicant, including any trips to your home country, from the age of 18 or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent. Please use a separate sheet of paper for additional information should space not permit. Sign, date and label each additional sheet with the appropriate question number and headings. This must be received at this office by: 2022/11/07

5) Income, proof: Proof of income - Banking and credit card records for the 4 months preceding this request (all accounts). This must be received at this office by: 2022/11/07
Submissions: Submissions - Last 4 pay stubs. This must be received at this office by: 2022/11/07

6) Notice of Assessment: A copy of the Canadian Revenue Agency Notice of tax Assessment - Please provide NOAs for the last 2 years. This must be received at this office by: 2022/11/07
T4: A copy of the Canadian Revenue Agency T4 form - For the last 2 years. This must be received at this office by: 2022/11/07

Spouse docs:
7) Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature - Updated and newly signed with no gaps until present date. This must be received at this office by: 2022/11/07

8) Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures - Updated. This must be received at this office by: 2022/11/07

Likkleboy

Mar 13, 2023
When you call IRCC ask specific questions, like what is teh status of my eligibility check? is it started, in progress or complete? whats the status of my other assessments?... they will then respond to your individual questions. At least that is how they did it for me. Make a list of questions designed to probe/investigate the stutus of your case interms of individual assesment componants.
I did ask them about eligibility, and they said not started.

• Sad

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
I have no idea why they asked for my schedule A. Here is a full list of what they asked me for on 31 October (text pasted from letter):

1) Employment Letter: An official document printed on company letterhead stating that you, in whose name the letter is printed, will be employed in Canada for a specified period of time by that company. It must list your name, the details of your employment in Canada. - Stating occupation, duties, salary and length of employment. Your letter MUST be on company letterhead, signed and dated no more than 3 months ago. Must reflect your current employment situation. Note – if you are not employed in Canada, you may provide a letter of offer for employment in Canada. If any of these are missing, your letter will be not be accepted and a new one may be requested, further delaying your application. If your employment was affected by the pandemic, COVID-19, please provide an explanation. This must be received at this office by: 2022/11/07

2) Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature - Updated and newly signed with no gaps until present date. This must be received at this office by: 2022/11/07

They asked a lot of things for you. Holy shit! My ADR was issued even before AOR. They asked me to link the application to GCKey just to inform me there is an ADR waiting which requested three things:
1) Birth Certificate or Non Traceable Affidavit bearing full explanation as to why you cannot get the certificate including my Birth details (Full Name, DOB, POB, Parent(s) Name(s)): I did not have Birth Certificate at the time of submission and I thought, its been so long that I cannot get one now so, I wrote a simple letter saying I cannot provide one but you can verify my birth information through my passport, educational certificates, work letters. But I was wrong, I asked back home, and my parents sent me one within few weeks so I submitted the Birth Certificate when they asked me.
2) Schedule A: updated with original signature with no Address History Gap. I am pretty sure I made a typo while putting in the dates.
3) PCC: I did not submit one during my application so of course that was expected.

After submitting those three things, they issued me my AOR. I passed my Medicals and I have no PAL yet, that means I might be issued an ADR again and looking at your ADR, I should be prepared with what kind of docs they might ask of me. I really appreciate you for sharing this. One more thing, in your recent GCMS notes, near the end under the Notes section, does it have 'Triage'. My one goes like this:

NOTES
NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2023/01/23
Updated Date: 2023/01/23
Restricted: N
Label: General
Office: Centralized Intake Office

Text: APPLICATION NUMBER: EP******** LOB: PNP Triage: Remain CN

I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following.
I have been wondering what 'Remain CN' means and if anybody else has same/different things written in theirs. My guess is they have not bumped up the level of assessments required and its 'Remaining Current' for now. I have been searching for the abbreviations but so far I cannot find that one on the web.

Reactions: mcdonal22

SCW

Aug 22, 2018
They asked a lot of things for you. Holy shit! My ADR was issued even before AOR. They asked me to link the application to GCKey just to inform me there is an ADR waiting which requested three things:
1) Birth Certificate or Non Traceable Affidavit bearing full explanation as to why you cannot get the certificate including my Birth details (Full Name, DOB, POB, Parent(s) Name(s)): I did not have Birth Certificate at the time of submission and I thought, its been so long that I cannot get one now so, I wrote a simple letter saying I cannot provide one but you can verify my birth information through my passport, educational certificates, work letters. But I was wrong, I asked back home, and my parents sent me one within few weeks so I submitted the Birth Certificate when they asked me.
2) Schedule A: updated with original signature with no Address History Gap. I am pretty sure I made a typo while putting in the dates.
3) PCC: I did not submit one during my application so of course that was expected.

After submitting those three things, they issued me my AOR. I passed my Medicals and I have no PAL yet, that means I might be issued an ADR again and looking at your ADR, I should be prepared with what kind of docs they might ask of me. I really appreciate you for sharing this. One more thing, in your recent GCMS notes, near the end under the Notes section, does it have 'Triage'. My one goes like this:

I have been wondering what 'Remain CN' means and if anybody else has same/different things written in theirs. My guess is they have not bumped up the level of assessments required and its 'Remaining Current' for now. I have been searching for the abbreviations but so far I cannot find that one on the web.
Hello - it appears that your application had different things missing so they were just asking for them. I dont know whether every application that goes to Edmonton gets asked all that I was asked for. My GCMS notes dont have the notation that you have,
I am really not sure why they felt the need to ask me for all that info in ADR, but thats the way it went. Hopefully, they will not do they same for you.
Anyway, good luck and wish you the best.

Reactions: buddy013

holy_molly

Star Member
Nov 22, 2021
Hello - it appears that your application had different things missing so they were just asking for them. I dont know whether every application that goes to Edmonton gets asked all that I was asked for. My GCMS notes dont have the notation that you have,
I am really not sure why they felt the need to ask me for all that info in ADR, but thats the way it went. Hopefully, they will not do they same for you.
Anyway, good luck and wish you the best.
Could you please specify what stream did you choose? Was it some sort of student/graduate/master stream? Or you are outland?