+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Noc Code for QA Analyst

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

I have few of below responsibilities for my job. Can anyone tells which NOC code I can use?

- Apply your knowledge of systems development from methodology through detailed design, construction, change control, implementation and production support
- Assess and analyze business and system requirements to design application integration solutions with principles of component re usability and security.
- Design and develop code based on requirements, execute unit tests, create Technical Documentation
- Provide production and non-production systems support.
- Facilitate small to medium size group meetings for problem solving, application design and implementations

Thanks,
Krunal

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes will do that.. Also, coming back to the initial topic, I see that NOC 2283 is more closer to QA role than NOC 2171 or 2172.. Could someone please advise ?

NOC link: http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2172&ver=11&_ga=1.159560698.695337928.1464010382&val65=2283

Reactions: Varshams

schemingon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
If you are a software QA ; which I assume you are , your profile would fit more to 2173 which includes software testing.

CanadianAspirant

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
I have used 2283
Hi there, I am Automation Software testing professional, I applied under 2283-B category, I received ITA and we applied for PR. But we didn't hear anything back from IRCC yet, however people applied in Category "A" NOC codes with similar timelines already get their Passport Request mails. I am wondering does NOC code really matter with processing time of PR application? Could you guys please throw your experience here? Thanks in advance.

Meetushi

Aug 3, 2017

Hi Guys,

Please heIp me verify my NOC.

have below responsibilities for my job. My job title is QA Analyst I have mentioned NOC code as 2171. Is it ok?

Reviewing quality specifications to provide estimates and identify test requirements.

Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.

Executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.

Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.

For my second job my job title is Software Engineer and my responsibilities are:
Installation and configuration of Domino, Apache, Sun One webservers on different platforms to
support testing.
Identifying and analyzing the issues and loopholes in the product, debugging the silk scripts.
Conducting regression tests on features, fixes and resolved issues.
Bug reporting, analysis and tracking to closure.
Defect tracking during documentation and test execution phase.
I have mentioned NOC 2173.

For my third job my responsibilities were mentioned as :

As a member of the software engineering division, she assisted in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provided technical leadership to other software developers. Specified, designed and implemented modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.

I have mentioned NOC as 2173

Is that ok?

Thanks!

Last edited:

nemieapale

Dec 9, 2017
Hi I applied under NOC 2171 as qa analyst: i am working as QA analyst

I want to make sure my responsibilities match to this NOC.

- Identify, analyze, and document the defects, errors, and inconsistencies in software program, outputs, online screens and content. Provide advice to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products.
- Assess technical risks to software/websites/applications and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of error in design.
- Conduct independent tests/reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems. Execute and maintain test plans for a variety of web and mobile centric projects.
- Works with application development teams to participate in solution design to ensure testability of functions and applications
- Execute manual, automated and performance testing, and track and manage test results.
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on multiple projects of varying size
- Document, track, and communicate test cases, results, analysis, and unresolved problems to developers. Maintain defect-tracking database for multiple projects.
- Analyze, test and document, and verify system change requests (defects, enhancements, new features etc.)
- Collaborate with Project Management and Development staff through all stages of the Project lifecycle.
- Participate in software test plan reviews, requirements review, test execution, and problem reporting and resolution.
- Collaborate with parent company software development and testing departments to achieve cross-subsidiary solution deployment.

Hi, I am a quality analyst and my job description is almost the same except that it's process not system. Will it still fall under 2171?

Jancy

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hi, I am in the same boat and choosing 2171. Any software testers whose PR got approved successfully choosing 2171?

Confused if I need to change it to 2283!

Reactions: Miracle2018

Kumar2017

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi, I am in the same boat and choosing 2171. Any software testers whose PR got approved successfully choosing 2171?

Confused if I need to change it to 2283!

Same here. Any software testers whose PR got approved successfully choosing 2171 or 2283?

Jancy

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Same here. Any software testers whose PR got approved successfully choosing 2171 or 2283?
What I understood is, if you are a pure manual tester and not involved much in any of the analysis phases, u can choose 2283. I chose 2171 as my role contributes way more on the analysis and even automation. submitted my application and fingers crossed

Reactions: Miracle2018

NavneetKahlon

Feb 16, 2018
Hello. I am in the same boat. Please let me know if any of you got through with code 2171. My CRS is really less so I am trying for Nova scotia pnp and 2171 is in their demand list

dhruvvinayak

Feb 14, 2018
What I understood is, if you are a pure manual tester and not involved much in any of the analysis phases, u can choose 2283. I chose 2171 as my role contributes way more on the analysis and even automation. submitted my application and fingers crossed
Any confirmation on this?

tabsie

Jul 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
March 12 2019
Med's Done....
April 24 2019
Hi,

My job title is Quality Control Analyst and Operations Support.

As the title says, I need help finding the right NOC for the following job description:

- Assist in the administration of the department
- Field incoming help requests via CRM, email and telephone to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues
- Prioritize and schedule issues
- Identify and learn appropriate hardware and software
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end user expectations
- Assist is in developing help sheets and FAQ lists for end users
- Record, track and document the service desk request problem solving process
- Access knowledge base and FAQ resources on the internet/intranet to aid in problem resolution

Would this fall under Quality Assurance or User Support technician? What would be the right NOC for this job description?

Reactions: Aksharaveer@#