+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No wedding photos?

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Hi all. I am doing my application under Family Class Sponsorship Inland and one thing is worrying us. We are in a real relationship and have lots of proof about it, but we did a very small and intimate civil marriage ceremony at our home. We forgot to ask our witnesses to take pictures! We were so nervous :)
Could this have any negative effect to application process? In my opinion we should just be honest about it and explain why there is no photos. But I fear it sound...a lie? I would appreciate any advices or experiences about this. We have marriage certificate.

jag21

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Doc's Request.
AOM/PCC 28-03-2016 Transcript 06-09-2016
AOR Received.
4-12-2015 Aor2 18-01-2016
File Transfer...
18-01-2016 ιp вgc 02-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-08-2015 Remed 22-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
Your wedding is one of the best thing happened in your life it doesnt matter how big or small the wedding is. I dont know how you forgot to take a picture even a single shot. Visa offer may look more closely about the relationship beacause it will bring doubt to them, as long as you have lots of proof about the relationship and have a good reason for not having a wedding photo there is nothing to worry about.

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
That was judgmental :/ jees

Make sure you have stack up your other proofs and definitely send a letter of explanation.

James Russo

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rmv said:
Hi all. I am doing my application under Family Class Sponsorship Inland and one thing is worrying us. We are in a real relationship and have lots of proof about it, but we did a very small and intimate civil marriage ceremony at our home. We forgot to ask our witnesses to take pictures! We were so nervous :)
Could this have any negative effect to application process? In my opinion we should just be honest about it and explain why there is no photos. But I fear it sound...a lie? I would appreciate any advices or experiences about this. We have marriage certificate.

Wedding picture is an important document. How do you get married and don't take any picture? Sorry, but a kind bizarre. If we are thinking that way, what CIC would think about it? This application is not easy. You can not marrie again, but do a party at least. Bring over your friends... you must show to CIC something or they can denied your app :eek:

Abuelita

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
Hi rmv, I think if you have other photos and documents that show different times/aspects of your ongoing life together that will be sufficient. I think being honest is best--why complicate life? Like ayrazar says, write a letter explaining the situation.

Best of luck!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
rmv said:
If you are from a visa-exempt country where small / civil marriages are not uncommon, then it is likely fine if you have other good proof.

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Thank you all for answers. I do not think wedding day is the most important day in my life. Days after it are. Every girl does not dream about wedding, before I met my husband I did not wanted never get married. For me it is only a piece of paper and we both wanted to do it fast as possible. Not romantic but for us it were right and only way to do. I am really sad people in cic office possibly does not understand or accept it. This whole process is really frustrating because need to be like all other couples. Romantic and do all like in movies with dates and roses.
I am from scandinavia, I do not know does it effect? I am under his benefits, we have rental agreements, joint bank account, few pics, trip (hotel and restaurant receipt for proof), letter from family we really are a couple and marriage certificate.

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
My friends and family living in my home country. And we can't not pay friends flight ticket to come here or force them to take vacation from work because of one day. We moved in this town two months ago, so we don't have any friends here yet. We are just us. My husband's family live in other province so they weren't able to came to see us. Party...we definitely are not party persons but I understand some people want do it :)
James Russo said:
Wedding picture is an important document. How do you get married and don't take any picture? Sorry, but a kind bizarre. If we are thinking that way, what CIC would think about it? This application is not easy. You can not marrie again, but do a party at least. Bring over your friends... you must show to CIC something or they can denied your app :eek:

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
rmv said:
Thank you all for answers. I do not think wedding day is the most important day in my life. Days after it are. Every girl does not dream about wedding, before I met my husband I did not wanted never get married. For me it is only a piece of paper and we both wanted to do it fast as possible. Not romantic but for us it were right and only way to do. I am really sad people in cic office possibly does not understand or accept it. This whole process is really frustrating because need to be like all other couples. Romantic and do all like in movies with dates and roses.
I am from scandinavia, I do not know does it effect? I am under his benefits, we have rental agreements, joint bank account, few pics, trip (hotel and restaurant receipt for proof), letter from family we really are a couple and marriage certificate.
You are right, everyone is different. CIC understands that there are different cultures hence the regional guidelines.
The crust of the sponsorship application is proving that your relationship is genuine and is not intended for immigration purposes, and this is not determined by just wedding photos. So far as you have other credible evidence to show that you have a committed and enduring relationship, not having wedding photos should not be a problem. Again, being scandinavian, your application would probaly not be srcutinized like someone from a third world country. All the best!
*Mandie*

Abuelita

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
rmv said:
...I do not think wedding day is the most important day in my life. Days after it are...
I agree completely!

nmclean

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
Doc's Request.
28-01-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
28-06-2016
jag21 said:
Your wedding is one of the best thing happened in your life it doesnt matter how big or small the wedding is. I dont know how you forgot to take a picture even a single shot. Visa offer may look more closely about the relationship beacause it will bring doubt to them, as long as you have lots of proof about the relationship and have a good reason for not having a wedding photo there is nothing to worry about.
Why do you think pictures should be taken just because it's the best thing to happen? Couldn't you say the same about the moment of engagement? But here in Canada many people get engaged privately and don't take pictures. Is it such a stretch to imagine that some people, especially people from other countries, would want their wedding to be the same way?

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
nmclean said:
Why do you think pictures should be taken just because it's the best thing to happen? Couldn't you say the same about the moment of engagement? But here in Canada many people get engaged privately and don't take pictures. Is it such a stretch to imagine that some people, especially people from other countries, would want their wedding to be the same way?
The lack of wedding photos is likely to cause some concern from CIC. One of the biggest criteria that CIC has to assess is whether the relationship and the marriage is authentic; that's why they ask for details and evidence regarding the wedding. Of course, some cultures do not place the same emphasis on wedding ceremonies as others, but I think it's unusual for there to be no photographs at all, even for small civil ceremonies.

I'm not trying to be critical. There's nothing wrong with not taking photographs. I'm simply saying that CIC doesn't know you, and will be trying to ensure your relationship and marriage is real. The lack of photographs might not be a big deal, but it also might appear a little odd to CIC.

I agree that a letter would be a good idea. I would avoid saying that you were in a hurry or didn't care much about the ceremony. I would simply explain that ceremonies and wedding rituals aren't as important to you as they might be for other couples, and the lack of photographs was an oversight. I would also ask for supporting letters from those that did attend the ceremony, describing the event and verifying that it did happen.

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
rmv said:
Do you have documentary evidence of your relationship? Such as pictures, letters between you, cards, emails, etc.? Having a joint bank account, a "few pics", receipts from one trip, is not much evidence. CIC will be looking to verify that your relationship is authentic. I don't recommend sending boxes and boxes of evidence, but a substantial amount of evidence showing the duration and authenticity of your relationship would help. Also, supporting letters from family and friends would also help.

Please understand: CIC doesn't know you, and they are trying to guard against immigration fraud. So there's nothing wrong with them asking you to provide evidence of your relationship. Most couples will have a pretty big pile of it.

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
We have emails. And all conversations between us, texting every day since December 2014.

Mightytonewheel said:
Do you have documentary evidence of your relationship? Such as pictures, letters between you, cards, emails, etc.? Having a joint bank account, a "few pics", receipts from one trip, is not much evidence.

detpeg

Oct 20, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
File Transfer...
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
01-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-02-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
My partner worries about this as well. We eloped in a small ceremony. We are atheists so we weren't dressed up and there was no real ceremony to speak of. Not to say we didn't care about the marriage, but yeah - not as big a deal as it is to others. We applied in October (Outland) and got SA in early December. So far we haven't been asked for additional evidence. Hopefully they understand.