+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC ! Plz help !

mitulchoksey

Jun 12, 2023
Same here applied for my aunt visitor visa
Date applied on 16th April
Biometrics was already done earlier.
No updates after that.

Also submitted webform. But not giving any response. It says that we are expereinceing bulk volume right now & we will get back to you.

Standard processing time is 32 days but its been more than 50 days now but it is still showing as pending.

Any further action which can be taken please guide?

@enticing typhoon Pleaseupdate once you receive any update form them.

Reactions: ashmaitsingh

enticing typhoon

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
Same here applied for my aunt visitor visa
Date applied on 16th April
Biometrics was already done earlier.
No updates after that.

Also submitted webform. But not giving any response. It says that we are expereinceing bulk volume right now & we will get back to you.

Standard processing time is 32 days but its been more than 50 days now but it is still showing as pending.

Any further action which can be taken please guide?

@enticing typhoon Pleaseupdate once you receive any update form them.
Ohh Shoooot !!! 16th April ???? OMG !! :( . Honestly speaking , I think we just need to wait and watch ! Thats all we can do !! I know of some people who applied later than that and it got approved !! So , there are many factors ... each case is different and depends on the officer too :(. Cant even call them , they have disconnected their calling services too stating high volume of calls !! How ridiculous !!!

May I know from where did you apply ?? I still didnt go to webform yet but looks like i will have to do that eventuallyy !

mitulchoksey

Jun 12, 2023
Standard reply,

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: •
You do not have significant family ties outside Canada. •
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. •
Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

timhortonsspender

Star Member
Nov 24, 2022
Hello everyone . I need urgent help please . I applied for my parents visitor visa as a representative from India on April 24th , 2023 . The processing time then was showing as 29 days and apart from biometrics nothing has been updated ( Background check and Eligibility still under processing ) . Now , I do know about the strike that happened from April 19 to May 1 . My parents finished their biometrics on May 4 and it was updated in the online application the next day itself . So , I am presuming that they must have started the processing after May 4 , but its more than a month now and still nothing changed !

1. I am a PR and ironically my husbands parents visa was approved in just 20 days . But he applied it before the strike ( last week of March ) . And now , when I am checking the processing times on the IRCC website , its changed to 32 days from India ! Is this happening because of the strike ?

2. I mentioned in the application that they will be getting their own money ( $10 , 000 ) . But it did not ask for any proof and so I didnt add anything under additional documents .

3. I mentioned the purpose of visit as visiting daughter and her family and some sight seeing .. mentioned that they will be there for 4 months . The application is literally frozen . They arent asking for any additional documents too. Its soooooooo frustating ! When they say processing times as 32 days , does it include Saturdays and Sundays too or is it just weekdays ??????????

4. Also , I found it really odd that they didnt ask a copy of my PR card or identity or SIN under mandatory documentation . I later realised I should have added it under additional documents ! Now , it dosent give me an option to add any document . The option comes up if IRCC demands any additional document and they arent doing that either !!!!!!!!! I tried calling up IRCC but they have temporarily disconnnected direct calling ! Is there a way or some sort of web form where I can ask them about the status ???

WOULD BE REALLY REALLY GREATFUL IF ANYONE IN A SIMILAR SITUATION OR HAVING ANY INFO PLS THROW SOME LIGHT ON THIS ! THANKS A TON IN ADVANCE !
If you said they are paying for the visit, then they need to provide you with their bank statements. Onus is high on the applicant if they are self funding.

Hosts(canadian citizen/PR) need not submit bank statements etc. though it does strengthen a case. It's not luck, just a IRCC policy. They don't probe Canadian citizens/PR's so much when it comes to financial documents. Note at the bottom says it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/proof-funds-financial-support.html

enticing typhoon

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
If you said they are paying for the visit, then they need to provide you with their bank statements. Onus is high on the applicant if they are self funding.

Hosts(canadian citizen/PR) need not submit bank statements etc. though it does strengthen a case. It's not luck, just a IRCC policy. They don't probe Canadian citizens/PR's so much when it comes to financial documents. Note at the bottom says it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/proof-funds-financial-support.html
Ohh ... okay ... Now I get it . So when my husband applied for his parents , he mentioned that he would be paying for their expenses ! And for my parents , since I am not working ( house wife ) , I mentioned that they will take care of their expenses .... And then didnt attach any proof of funds ! Thats why hubbys parents visa was approved in 20 days .. But under the section , "who's inviting you ?" I mentioned mine as well as my husbands name !

I think I will just send over the proof of funds via webform ..Have a query though .. I mentioned in the application that they will be carrying $ 10 , 000 . So , I will have to provide that proof of funds right upto that amount ? Also , since one account may not have that amount , can I provide more than 1 account ?? And what else can i show as proof of funds ?/ What about cash that they would be carrying ?? How do i provide poof of that ?? Kindly put in your opinions guys ???Would mean a lot....

Thanks a lot @timhortonsspender .. That was truly informative ! God bless ya !

timhortonsspender

Star Member
Nov 24, 2022
Ohh ... okay ... Now I get it . So when my husband applied for his parents , he mentioned that he would be paying for their expenses ! And for my parents , since I am not working ( house wife ) , I mentioned that they will take care of their expenses .... And then didnt attach any proof of funds ! Thats why hubbys parents visa was approved in 20 days .. But under the section , "who's inviting you ?" I mentioned mine as well as my husbands name !

I think I will just send over the proof of funds via webform ..Have a query though .. I mentioned in the application that they will be carrying $ 10 , 000 . So , I will have to provide that proof of funds right upto that amount ? Also , since one account may not have that amount , can I provide more than 1 account ?? And what else can i show as proof of funds ?/ What about cash that they would be carrying ?? How do i provide poof of that ?? Kindly put in your opinions guys ???Would mean a lot....

Generally self-funded applicants for successful outcomes need to show significant ties to the home country. This is done through property papers, fixed deposits/GIC-like funds etc. They don't care about liquidity. They like applicants who do this. It's all about the net-worth etc. The whole thing changes when it's a host sponsored thing. I would say put all the property info, financial info in one pdf-all notarized and that should do. Make them look like a solid couple who won't even fancy wanting to stay in Canada besides a short holiday.

IRCC's rationale is anyone can show cash. They want to see rock-solid assets.

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023

you should show proof of parents funds beyond 10,000$, they should have funds for expenditure otherwise also, ideally it should be that they have bigger amount available out of which they have earmarked $ 10,000 for canada trip

you can use multiple accounts, that doesnt matter, but the accounts should be in name of ur parents and u need to attach bank statement of last 3-4 months at least, if u can attach 6 months within the file size constraint, that is best.

bank statemnt shud be enuf as proof, not sure how u can show proof for cash, you can refer to the link shared by timhortonsspender above

jamal9122

Dec 18, 2023
Hey guys this is what i think of
IRCC response method I feel that when the website is updated then you may be answered that is, batch by batch, if the website updated today and not be answered,Then you will have to wait until the website get update and there is another batch of answers maybe you will be one of that

I'm right guys?
Because when they answer we hear at once that they have received some acceptance or rejection, and then we don't hear anything until later..