+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC ! Plz help !

enticing typhoon

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
Hello everyone . I need urgent help please . I applied for my parents visitor visa as a representative from India on April 24th , 2023 . The processing time then was showing as 29 days and apart from biometrics nothing has been updated ( Background check and Eligibility still under processing ) . Now , I do know about the strike that happened from April 19 to May 1 . My parents finished their biometrics on May 4 and it was updated in the online application the next day itself . So , I am presuming that they must have started the processing after May 4 , but its more than a month now and still nothing changed !

1. I am a PR and ironically my husbands parents visa was approved in just 20 days . But he applied it before the strike ( last week of March ) . And now , when I am checking the processing times on the IRCC website , its changed to 32 days from India ! Is this happening because of the strike ?

2. I mentioned in the application that they will be getting their own money ( $10 , 000 ) . But it did not ask for any proof and so I didnt add anything under additional documents .

3. I mentioned the purpose of visit as visiting daughter and her family and some sight seeing .. mentioned that they will be there for 4 months . The application is literally frozen . They arent asking for any additional documents too. Its soooooooo frustating ! When they say processing times as 32 days , does it include Saturdays and Sundays too or is it just weekdays ??????????

4. Also , I found it really odd that they didnt ask a copy of my PR card or identity or SIN under mandatory documentation . I later realised I should have added it under additional documents ! Now , it dosent give me an option to add any document . The option comes up if IRCC demands any additional document and they arent doing that either !!!!!!!!! I tried calling up IRCC but they have temporarily disconnnected direct calling ! Is there a way or some sort of web form where I can ask them about the status ???

WOULD BE REALLY REALLY GREATFUL IF ANYONE IN A SIMILAR SITUATION OR HAVING ANY INFO PLS THROW SOME LIGHT ON THIS ! THANKS A TON IN ADVANCE !

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
seems like you used the new portal to apply and not the gckey because it is acting funny at times by not showing the field to provide the proof of funds, etc. You should have uploaded your PR card along with the invitation letter and also proof of funds separately in additional documents.

The IRCC in such case will not ask for additional documents, the rule is that they are required to assume that when an application is submitted it is complete in all aspects, meaning the onus is on the submitter to ensure all required documents are attached,

what i have seen is that they do ask for documents in case something is required by them to judge the eligibility/ background check.

I would suggest keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

enticing typhoon

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
@ashmaitsingh .... Thanks a lot for the quick response . Really appreciate it . Yes , I do agree that I should have uploaded my PR too. But regarding funds as I said my hubby applied for his parents just before I did and he mentioned that he would be paying for his parents visit in Canada. And he wasnt asked any proof too ( like his bank statement etc ) . Since I am not working i just mentioned they will take care of the expenses themselves !

Now , it dosent give me any option to upload additional documents unless IRCC themselves request for one ! Is there a way I can contact them like through a web form ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone . I need urgent help please . I applied for my parents visitor visa as a representative from India on April 24th , 2023 . The processing time then was showing as 29 days and apart from biometrics nothing has been updated ( Background check and Eligibility still under processing ) . Now , I do know about the strike that happened from April 19 to May 1 . My parents finished their biometrics on May 4 and it was updated in the online application the next day itself . So , I am presuming that they must have started the processing after May 4 , but its more than a month now and still nothing changed !

1. I am a PR and ironically my husbands parents visa was approved in just 20 days . But he applied it before the strike ( last week of March ) . And now , when I am checking the processing times on the IRCC website , its changed to 32 days from India ! Is this happening because of the strike ?

2. I mentioned in the application that they will be getting their own money ( $10 , 000 ) . But it did not ask for any proof and so I didnt add anything under additional documents .

3. I mentioned the purpose of visit as visiting daughter and her family and some sight seeing .. mentioned that they will be there for 4 months . The application is literally frozen . They arent asking for any additional documents too. Its soooooooo frustating ! When they say processing times as 32 days , does it include Saturdays and Sundays too or is it just weekdays ??????????

4. Also , I found it really odd that they didnt ask a copy of my PR card or identity or SIN under mandatory documentation . I later realised I should have added it under additional documents ! Now , it dosent give me an option to add any document . The option comes up if IRCC demands any additional document and they arent doing that either !!!!!!!!! I tried calling up IRCC but they have temporarily disconnnected direct calling ! Is there a way or some sort of web form where I can ask them about the status ???

WOULD BE REALLY REALLY GREATFUL IF ANYONE IN A SIMILAR SITUATION OR HAVING ANY INFO PLS THROW SOME LIGHT ON THIS ! THANKS A TON IN ADVANCE !
1. Processing times regularly fluctuate due to application volumes. This is normal. The number of days goes up and down all of the time. Keep in mind that these are just estimates. They are not guaranteed processing times.
2. You should have uploaded evidence of these funds under additional documents. This is on the low side for a 4 month trip.
3. The processing time is in days but is just an estimate. It is quite normal to have to wait longer. Nothing you can do about that but wait.
4. Yes, you should have uploaded this under additional documents with the original application. You can certainly try sending this information via webform.

enticing typhoon

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
1. Processing times regularly fluctuate due to application volumes. This is normal. The number of days goes up and down all of the time. Keep in mind that these are just estimates. They are not guaranteed processing times.
2. You should have uploaded evidence of these funds under additional documents. This is on the low side for a 4 month trip.
3. The processing time is in days but is just an estimate. It is quite normal to have to wait longer. Nothing you can do about that but wait.
4. Yes, you should have uploaded this under additional documents with the original application. You can certainly try sending this information via webform.
@scylla .... Thanks a lot for the prompt response . Really appreciate it . So , as i mentioned earlier my husband applied for his parents just before i did and he had put in $10000 CAD as well for 4 months and mentioned that he would pay for their visit . And he didnt upload any of his bank statements too. So i did the same but i mentioned that they ( my parents ) would pay for their expenses . And their visa was approved in just 20 days ! But that was before the strike .
Can you please tell me where to access the web form ? And should i wait this week because its saying 32 days on the IRCC website .. Had applied on April 24th ( during the strike ) and biometrics was done on May 4 th . ?????

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla .... Thanks a lot for the prompt response . Really appreciate it . So , as i mentioned earlier my husband applied for his parents just before i did and he had put in $10000 CAD as well for 4 months and mentioned that he would pay for their visit . And he didnt upload any of his bank statements too. So i did the same but i mentioned that they ( my parents ) would pay for their expenses . And their visa was approved in just 20 days ! But that was before the strike .
Can you please tell me where to access the web form ? And should i wait this week because its saying 32 days on the IRCC website .. Had applied on April 24th ( during the strike ) and biometrics was done on May 4 th . ?????
I think your husband got very lucky.

Normally you need to submit evidence for proof of funds. Your parents should provide a bank statement. If you have said that you are covering their expenses, then you should provide a bank statement a well. Webform is here: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I don't understand your question about waiting this week. The 32 days is only an estimate. It is not a guaranteed processing time.

Reactions: ashmaitsingh

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
@enticing typhoon the bank statement should be for last 6 months, hopefully there are no large or abnormal funds deposit. The bank statement will be used by them to know the source of funds also. Lastly I have limited knowledge on this but from what I know it is totally up to the visa officer to consider or not the documents supplied via webform, They may not even pay any heed to it.

enticing typhoon

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
@ashmaitsingh , @scylla... Thanks a lot guys . So , I mentioned in the application that my parents will take care of their expenses ... Approximately what would be a good amount for a stay of 3 months ? I am planning to upload their bank statement as well as my PR card for identity proof . Lets see what happens .

@scylla . Yes , i do agree that 32 days is not a guaranteed processing time but its given on their website not to contact them before the average processing times mentioned on IRCC website . Since theres a high volume of applications right now , they are saying to contact them only if its delayed beyond the average processing times as given on website . Now , if i consider weekends too from May 4 its already past 32 days but excluding the weekends its coming to 27 days as of today . Thats why i am confused whether to send the webform right now or wait for another week and see ??????

enticing typhoon

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
One more thing .... in the application under the question " Whos inviting you ?" , i mentioned both my name as well as my husbands since hes earning and i am not .. Is that fine ?? I feel I should have just mentioned my name !

Also , strangely , i had not received an email about taking biometrics ( my husband had received when he applied for his parents ). When i opened the online portal , i saw the biometrics letter and then informed my parents to get it done . The biometrics details were updated in the application on May 4th itself but then thats the last update since then.

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
depends on what you mentioned that they will be staying with you or not as that would include hotel expenses also. otherwise do an approximation for the flight expenses for a return ticket for both of them and normal food and living expenses for their duration of stay. they should have 1.5 times the amount that comes out to be so as to show that they have enough funds in case of an emergency or even after returning back to india.

I wont advise sending them a weform for now, wait for some time, sending webform when it is just past the processing time could suggest desperation.

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
One more thing .... in the application under the question " Whos inviting you ?" , i mentioned both my name as well as my husbands since hes earning and i am not .. Is that fine ?? I feel I should have just mentioned my name !

Also , strangely , i had not received an email about taking biometrics ( my husband had received when he applied for his parents ). When i opened the online portal , i saw the biometrics letter and then informed my parents to get it done . The biometrics details were updated in the application on May 4th itself but then thats the last update since then.
i dont think it matters about adding ur husband name or not.

email might have gone tour junk folder or may be if u added your parents' e mail address it would have gone to them, just check the e mail address entered in the forms and the one linked to the portal account

enticing typhoon

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
depends on what you mentioned that they will be staying with you or not as that would include hotel expenses also. otherwise do an approximation for the flight expenses for a return ticket for both of them and normal food and living expenses for their duration of stay. they should have 1.5 times the amount that comes out to be so as to show that they have enough funds in case of an emergency or even after returning back to india.

I wont advise sending them a weform for now, wait for some time, sending webform when it is just past the processing time could suggest desperation.
True that ... Since I am the representative I mentioned my canadian address and there was no question in the form asking where will they be staying as its obvious they would stay with me ! But as you said will tell my parents to keep bank statement ready just in case . Lets see.

Ya.. wont send the webform right away ! just for a visitors visa , that too for parents already having a US and UK visit visa , I really dont understand whats taking them so long !!!

enticing typhoon

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
i dont think it matters about adding ur husband name or not.

email might have gone tour junk folder or may be if u added your parents' e mail address it would have gone to them, just check the e mail address entered in the forms and the one linked to the portal account
Agree .... No , I check spam , junk , main inbox everyday . Just gave my email id ( not my parents ) and checked that its correct too. Lets wait and watch . Anyways , thanks a lot for your time and input buddy ! God bless ya !

Reactions: ashmaitsingh

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
True that ... Since I am the representative I mentioned my canadian address and there was no question in the form asking where will they be staying as its obvious they would stay with me ! But as you said will tell my parents to keep bank statement ready just in case . Lets see.

Ya.. wont send the webform right away ! just for a visitors visa , that too for parents already having a US and UK visit visa , I really dont understand whats taking them so long !!!
this is one thing i learnt the hard way - dont consider anything as obvious in these matters. you should have mentioned in the invitation letter that they would be staying with you or you will be taking care of their stay/ boarding/ lodging, etc.

There is no question in the form, that is correct.

Reactions: enticing typhoon