+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Just a quick update guys............

Citizenship application delivered - 22 July 2019
In progress - I do not check
Test invite - 23 December 2019
Test date - January 8 2020
DM - January 15 2020
Initial Oath Ceremony invitation - 19 Feb 2020
Initial Oath Date - March 18 - Cancelled due to Covid
Virtual Citizenship Ceremony express of interest - 7 July 2020 (Got this through Email)
Notice to Appear for Video Oath - 9th July 2020
Notice to appear for pre-ceremony registration - 16th July
Pre-registration Session for the oath ceremony(Documets like my id.s where checked) - 17th July
Virtual Oath Ceremony - 21st July 2020

Few Things to add
- I didnt request for urgent processing.
- I didnt receive any phone call. All communications came through email.
- I am not an essential worker
- I live in Niagara Falls but test was done in Scarborough. Also, citizenship ceremony was handled by officials from Niagara Office.
- Ceremony was quick and easy - 20minutes in total.
- 2 people took oath - Myself and another person(Not sure where this person is from)

Wish you all the best guys.
- Got my Citizenship Certificate 28th July
- Applied for my passport - 5th of Aug to be picked up 19th Aug.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
- Got my Citizenship Certificate 28th July
- Applied for my passport - 5th of Aug to be picked up 19th Aug.
Congrats!
Did you apply for the passport under any urgent situation? If not then please share how did you apply just curious as your timeline is amazingly fast for the present days.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
THANKS
have you heard someone else?
they don't trust at all
Not many have reported about the pre registration event.
Now that things are ramping up on the virtual oath front, I have read of multiple people attending the oath together and their IDs verified in a seperate virtual room individually before the oath by different clerks.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2019-citizenship-applicants.646213/page-114#post-8759948

HMJC

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Calgary
I received an email this morning for the virtual oath on Aug 27 ! Good luck everyone.

one question, they require 2 piece of ID. can I use my passport as ID ?

Reactions: EUK

Zaza8800

Jul 16, 2020
I received an email this morning for the virtual oath on Aug 27 ! Good luck everyone.

one question, they require 2 piece of ID. can I use my passport as ID ?
Did you had any oath scheduled and can canceled before?

And when did you apply and test date ?

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Mississauga Office:

1 applicant
Apply July 2019
Passed test March 2020

decision made day after on ECAS

Call from unknown number today - schedule Zoom oath in 2 weeks. Agent said an email will follow up with the details e.g. exact time and instructions

No previous oath schedule

• Love
Reactions: bluesami

Hhrrlrmr

Aug 12, 2020
How long does it take to receive the certificates?
We had our virtual oath in Edmonton on July 28 and the ECAS status is still the same (decision made) no lines even appeared for virtual invitation.

ItsmeMario

Aug 12, 2020
I’m from Manitoba.
I did my test December 06, 2019

how come there are people here who’s test were Feb-March 2020 and have already gotten a call/email for citizenship Pat ceremony?

anybody else in the same boat?
Same boat, applied in August, still showing DM status.
It’s pathetic...

I mean, I don’t mind to wait 8 months, 10 months, a year, I understand that we’re living under extraordinary circumstances, but they should be organized as a 1st world country. I passed the test on December 13th, my process shouldn't be any faster than someone who took and passed the test on Dec 12 as I shouldn't’ wait longer than someone who did it on Dec14th (not talking about essential workers).

Would it be so difficult to give applicants a number? Applicant number 5 is after number 4 and before number 6. Simply like that.

What amazes me is that the 3rd world country I came from can do simple and logical things like that, but apparently Canada can’t.

At this point, I just fell like the whole citizenship process became a drawing, a lottery...