+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Here are 4 types of candidates who're waiting for an update on their citizenship process. I understand everyone, including me, is going through a unique level of patience, frustration, or perceived stress. However, during the citizenship process, the stress level has been a bit higher as compared to the one we all had during our PR process — and that's because of high excitement and long-awaited dream associated. Believe me, all these anxieties are temporary and absolutely natural to have, and that will evaporate soon with little time down the road. All candidates, whatever process they're currently in, have almost completed a long journey towards becoming a Canadian citizen. You'll be next soon. Good Luck!

Type 1: Candidates awaiting AoR
Type 2: Candidates awaiting knowledge tests
Type 3: Candidates awaiting Oath Ceremony (DMs and/or Previous oath canceled)
Type 4: Candidates awaiting Citizenship certificates
Type 5: Candidates awaiting Passport offices to re-open

Reactions: zam7

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
After test they asked for stamp translations. I provided it within 5 days. The status is decision made. Does that mean they got it and they were satisfied?
You already provided them what they'd specifically asked for - that's why you have had DM status. No need to worry.

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Here are 4 types of candidates who're waiting for an update on their citizenship process. I understand everyone, including me, is going through a unique level of patience, frustration, or perceived stress. However, during the citizenship process, the stress level has been a bit higher as compared to the one we all had during our PR process — and that's because of high excitement and long-awaited dream associated. Believe me, all these anxieties are temporary and absolutely natural to have, and that will evaporate soon with little time down the road. All candidates, whatever process they're currently in, have almost completed a long journey towards becoming a Canadian citizen. You'll be next soon. Good Luck!

It’s interminable! :D

sajibche

Apr 25, 2014
Chittagong, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=blue][b]Singapore[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=blue][b]0911[/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App received: Aug 21. took virtual oath via Zoom yesterday on July 29th. unfortunately, on the day before the oath, my son was admitted in the hospital for a surgery (he is fine now and discharged). I was about to cancel and request rescheduling, but my wife said not to cancel (as we cancelled it once earlier). before our appointment time, my son was sleeping and we asked nurse to give us 20 mins of isolation. We prepared the cabin's washroom for taking oath, so that my son don't wake up from sleep. Later, i didn't feel good taking oath inside a washroom/toilet, so decided to reduce volume and stay inside the cabin.

docs presented:

Me & wife:
PR card + Health Card + Drivers License (or passport) + COPR + print of invitation email including attachment (oath form)

Tools:
Pen + Scissor (one per adult)

In the invitation email they sent a meeting link. installed Zoom in my mobile and created an account before the oath day. mounted my phone on a selfie stick to hold it. clicked the link 1/2 minute before the scheduled time.

when the video started, one officer asked us to show all the papers and tools mentioned above. Then she transferred us to Judge. Judge gave an introductory speech and then asked us to repeat the oath after him in both french and english. Then, again we were transferred to the officer. She asked us to cut the PR card into 4 pieces in front of camera (i felt very bad to destroy my old friend). And then asked to sign the oath form. We signed and showed the signed form. She asked us to scan and mail the form to the email address from which we received the invitation (do not put all signed form in one file, one pdf file for each member). After they get the email, they gonna send the citizenship certificate. it took exactly 30min start to finish.

Thank you. Signing off from citizenship related forums. It was a bumpy road. God bless you all.

Last edited:

bwrani

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
App received: Aug 21. took virtual oath via Zoom yesterday on July 29th. unfortunately, on the day before the oath, my son was admitted in the hospital for a surgery (he is fine now and discharged). I was about to cancel and request rescheduling, but my wife said not to cancel (as we cancelled it once earlier). before our appointment time, my son was sleeping and we asked nurse to give us 20 mins of isolation. We prepared the cabin's washroom for taking oath, so that my son don't wake up from sleep. Later, i didn't feel good taking oath inside a washroom/toilet, so decided to reduce volume and stay inside the cabin.

docs presented:

Me & wife:
PR card + Health Card + Drivers License (or passport) + COPR + print of invitation email including attachment (oath form)

Tools:
Pen + Scissor (one per adult)

In the invitation email they will send you the meeting link. installed Zoom in my mobile and created an account before the oath day. mounted my phone on a selfie stick to hold it. clicked the link 1/2 minute before the scheduled time.

when the video started, one officer asked us to show all the papers and tools mentioned above. Then she transferred us to Judge. Judge gave an introductory speech and then asked us to repeat the oath after him in both french and english. Then, again we were transferred to the officer. She asked us to cut the PR card into 4 pieces in front of camera (i felt very bad to destroy my old friend). And then asked to sign the oath form. We signed and showed the signed form. She asked us to scan and mail the form to the email address from which we received the invitation (do not put all signed form in one file, one pdf file for each member). After they get the email, they gonna send the citizenship certificate. it took exactly 30min start to finish.

Thank you. Signing off from citizenship related forums. It was a bumpy road. God bless you all.
Hi
From which office application got processed.

Salinas_CA

Jun 18, 2020
Good morning everyone. I got my GCMS notes this morning. My application was received Aug.12, I passed the test on March 2nd, on the interview after the test they asked for my old passport which I didn't have with me. So a week after I show up for another interview so they can check dates in my old passport, and officer said its all fine, just have to wait for oath invite now. Status still showing "in process" and I know some people that were there with me got their "decision made's" next day.
So my GCMS notes are showing that my knowledge test is "in process" even though I passed it. My office is Edmonton and that's probably the slowest office after Covid closures.
Also,my criminal check is passed.
Any idea what should I do?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015

I am sure some like me will jump from type 3 to 5 directly:p

randr

Dec 7, 2019
Montreal
Good morning everyone. I got my GCMS notes this morning. My application was received Aug.12, I passed the test on March 2nd, on the interview after the test they asked for my old passport which I didn't have with me. So a week after I show up for another interview so they can check dates in my old passport, and officer said its all fine, just have to wait for oath invite now. Status still showing "in process" and I know some people that were there with me got their "decision made's" next day.
So my GCMS notes are showing that my knowledge test is "in process" even though I passed it. My office is Edmonton and that's probably the slowest office after Covid closures.
I'm kind of in the same situation. I did my test back in January and my status is still "in process" until now. Although the officer didn't ask for any additional information during the interview and told me to expect to be invited for the oath ceremony within 4 months (that was pre-Covid19).
I also requested the GCMS notes back in June and noticed that they didn't update my file since Dec 2019, so my knowledge test still shows in process as well and so do most of the other items (background check, language check etc.)
The only thing I would do now is wait till next month for my application to pass the 12 months mark and call them. If I get no useful info, the next step would be to contact my local MP.
Btw I'm a Montreal applicant. Another slow processing office... I haven't seen an August applicant from Montreal being invited to a virtual oath ceremony yet... not to mention those that still haven't been invited to do the test...

Reactions: Salinas_CA

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi,
I think you are all good since the officer said to wait for the oath invite.

Coming to the GCMS and the "system" part, it may be possible that the notes were requested before the system was updated by someone "manually" to the next state after the in process state. My experience - while impatiently waiting to know about when I would get a virtual invite along with the unknown state of my application transfer between Scarborough to Niagara Falls office, I ordered my GCMS notes. I received it after 4 days and the virtual invite after a week. The GCMS note mentioned about the transfer completed during the pandemic but not about when my oath will be scheduled. I took my oath yesterday and still my ECAS shows the status as Decision Made (same state after I passed the test on 5th March) and the detail in it shows last update as the invitation to appear for the knowledge test(recv'd in Feb).

So don't worry and stay calm. You will get the invite shortly as things appear to have picking up speed at IRCC.

All the best.

Reactions: Salinas_CA

shka_10

Dec 12, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to update you all that I received an email today to appear for Virtual Oath Ceremony scheduled August 04th, 2020.
Please find my details in the signature. Hope everyone waiting for the Invite get theirs soon .

Best Wishes !

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
@s23srinivas I noticed in your signature about pre ceremony registration session .. could please elaborate on that please ?
Thanks in advance !
On 27th July I got an email from IRCC from the same id as the Notice to appear for virtual oath with a zoom link for the Pre Ceremony Registration session mentioning that the ceremony clerk will validate my address and two piece of personal IDs along with my PR card and the session will be of just 10 mins for performing the checks.

And on the pre ceremony registration session (28th) the clerk
  • checked those IDs (I presented my driver's license and health card),
  • asked if I will be signing the oath form during the ceremony using a pen or send them a digitally signed pdf file after the oath ceremony,
  • asked if I have all the logistics(computer/smart phone and internet with reliable connectivity) needed for the virtual ceremony and
  • confirmed about my oath ceremony for the 30th of July.
I think the clerk wanted to make sure beforehand that everything goes well during the ceremony. It could have been the first virtual ceremony for the Niagara Falls office/ the clerk or both as I haven't heard in this forum from anyone else about the pre ceremony session.

All the best for your oath ceremony. Enjoy the experience as not everyone gets to take an oath of citizenship let alone a virtual one!

Cheers

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request