+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

shka_10

Dec 12, 2015
On 27th July I got an email from IRCC from the same id as the Notice to appear for virtual oath with a zoom link for the Pre Ceremony Registration session mentioning that the ceremony clerk will validate my address and two piece of personal IDs along with my PR card and the session will be of just 10 mins for performing the checks.

And on the pre ceremony registration session (28th) the clerk
  • checked those IDs (I presented my driver's license and health card),
  • asked if I will be signing the oath form during the ceremony using a pen or send them a digitally signed pdf file after the oath ceremony,
  • asked if I have all the logistics(computer/smart phone and internet with reliable connectivity) needed for the virtual ceremony and
  • confirmed about my oath ceremony for the 30th of July.
I think the clerk wanted to make sure beforehand that everything goes well during the ceremony. It could have been the first virtual ceremony for the Niagara Falls office/ the clerk or both as I haven't heard in this forum from anyone else about the pre ceremony session.

All the best for your oath ceremony. Enjoy the experience as not everyone gets to take an oath of citizenship let alone a virtual one!

Cheers
Thank you for the explanation and wishes
Congratulation on your Citizenship!

Last edited:

Uangel

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
Visa Office......
OOPNP
NOC Code......
Congrats! My app was received on Aug 1 Scarborough as well. What time did you get the email? Any calls or just email? Thanks
Thanks! it was around 3 p.m. No calls. However, the day before the oath they called me from a private number to check all the details with me.

I feel like yours is coming shortly too! Good luck!

2others
On the next day after taking the oath (which was on July 30) and sending the electonically signed form, my application status changed to Complete and the appropriate status update was posted to the ECAS.

Last edited:
Reactions: zam7

akaribrahmama

Feb 21, 2020
Here are 4 types of candidates who're waiting for an update on their citizenship process. I understand everyone, including me, is going through a unique level of patience, frustration, or perceived stress. However, during the citizenship process, the stress level has been a bit higher as compared to the one we all had during our PR process — and that's because of high excitement and long-awaited dream associated. Believe me, all these anxieties are temporary and absolutely natural to have, and that will evaporate soon with little time down the road. All candidates, whatever process they're currently in, have almost completed a long journey towards becoming a Canadian citizen. You'll be next soon. Good Luck!

Type 1: Candidates awaiting AoR
Type 2: Candidates awaiting knowledge tests
Type 3: Candidates awaiting Oath Ceremony (DMs and/or Previous oath canceled)
Type 4: Candidates awaiting Citizenship certificates
Type 5: Candidates awaiting Passport offices to re-open
Type 6: And there is this category of older adult applicants (above 55) who don't know how there application is processed post Covid19, Since test is waved, will there be an online interview and then the oath or will it be interview and oath at the same time. Any insights please?

akaribrahmama

Feb 21, 2020
I finally received eCAS update of virtual oath ceremony. :)

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 6, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 21, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on November 10, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 13, 2020 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 2, 2020 at 2:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on February 21, 2020 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 23, 2020 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on July 26, 2020 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 12, 2020 at 11:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congratulations!

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....
CSQ 04-12-2014
AOR Received.
BIQ 22-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
I just got an email invitation for a virtual oath ceremony to be held on August 7th, coincidentially, they received my application on the very same date last year.

I had not received an in-person invite before, I passed the test on February 5th, no update whatsoever yet on ecas, it's stuck on step 4, I applied in Montreal.

Does anyone know if I have to reply their email saying I accept the invitation?

Reactions: issteven

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
I just got an email invitation for a virtual oath ceremony to be held on August 7th, coincidentially, they received my application on the very same date last year.

I had not received an in-person invite before, I passed the test on February 5th, no update whatsoever yet on ecas, it's stuck on step 4, I applied in Montreal.

If they've asked to accept the invitation, then yes. If not asked, no need to reply. Just be ready for the virtual oath ceremony on Aug 7.

Aa. Arv

Jul 5, 2020

Congratulations, did you receive oat invitation today?if it is so , it shows that they are working on holidays

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....
CSQ 04-12-2014
AOR Received.
BIQ 22-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
Yes, although, Quebec doesnt observe this holiday, no idea if it's just officers working here or perhaps the system is automated.

ketchpop

Jan 24, 2020
Seems like Hamilton office might still be on vacation.

(Family, Father + 2 daughters(1 minor))
[Mother is already a citizen]

Applied: Aug 1,2019
AOR: Oct 18
In Process: Nov 12
Test Invite: Dec 5
Test Date: Dec 30 (Both passed, no interview)
Decision Made: Feb 21,2020

No oath invite even before Covid. Still no update to this day.

Uma_H

Jul 1, 2020
I'm kind of in the same situation. I did my test back in January and my status is still "in process" until now. Although the officer didn't ask for any additional information during the interview and told me to expect to be invited for the oath ceremony within 4 months (that was pre-Covid19).
I also requested the GCMS notes back in June and noticed that they didn't update my file since Dec 2019, so my knowledge test still shows in process as well and so do most of the other items (background check, language check etc.)
The only thing I would do now is wait till next month for my application to pass the 12 months mark and call them. If I get no useful info, the next step would be to contact my local MP.
Btw I'm a Montreal applicant. Another slow processing office... I haven't seen an August applicant from Montreal being invited to a virtual oath ceremony yet... not to mention those that still haven't been invited to do the test...
I'm in Montreal and my status is still "in process". I passed citizenship test in Jan 15th and no updates since that date.

randr

Dec 7, 2019
Montreal
I'm in Montreal and my status is still "in process". I passed citizenship test in Jan 15th and no updates since that date.
My test was also on Jan 15.
It's so weird. If we're stuck at background check, I wonder why...
Did you travel a lot or live/work in a country other than your home country before moving to Canada?

I had to provide a police certificate from Dubai. I wonder if that's causing delays to verify my status and police records there.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
My test was also on Jan 15.
It's so weird. If we're stuck at background check, I wonder why...
Did you travel a lot or live/work in a country other than your home country before moving to Canada?

I had to provide a police certificate from Dubai. I wonder if that's causing delays to verify my status and police records there.
middle east regions would raise a flag?