+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

Omar_BC

Jul 21, 2020
Hello, Anyone have an idea on the following situation.
We have passed the citizenship test on March 12th. However, the status still “ in process” .when I checked this with CIC they confirmed to me that one of our security check still pending (not the fingerprint) it’s kind of background checks.
My question does anyone had similar case and approximately how long this security check will take.
thanks,

Last edited:

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Either should be fine as long as the signature is not smudged when you scan it. Good luck.
Hey! What happens if one doesn’t have a printer/scanner at home?
Also, does the oath invite email mention signing the form on the day of? Thanks!

moe1360

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
We have passed the citizenship test on March 12th. However, the status still “ in process” .when I checked this with CIC they confirmed to me that the only thing is remaining is that one of our security check still pending (not the fingerprint) it’s kind of background checks. My question is does anyone had similar case and how long the process took to change to DM.
thanks,
I was on the same boat. I passed the test October 2019 and my file was in process until June 2020.
I ordered GCMS notes and it looks like that my security clearance process took from July 2019 to February 2020.

Reactions: CitizenSoon

rose dar

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
17-11-2014 than police certificate request27jan 2015
AOR Received.
07-02-2014
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Request
22-12-2014
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
Interview........
nr
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-07-2015
My citizenship test was done in November 2019 and I passed it. I didn't receive anything back. My online file shows in the process. I contacted several places including local Mp and this is the response I received through MP. Anyone has any idea please update. Thanks.

* The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on November 19, 2018.

* The application is considered non-routine due to the following reason:
* the file is under review because it requires further verifications. Rest assured that the responsible office will inform the applicant if they have to provide further details.
* The criminality verifications are currently valid.
* The security verifications are currently valid.
* The immigration verifications are currently valid.
* Your constituent has passed the citizenship test on November 19, 2019.
* Because the application is non-routine, there is no specific processing

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My citizenship test was done in November 2019 and I passed it. I didn't receive anything back. My online file shows in the process. I contacted several places including local Mp and this is the response I received through MP. Anyone has any idea please update. Thanks.

* The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on November 19, 2018.

* the file is under review because it requires further verifications. Rest assured that the responsible office will inform the applicant if they have to provide further details.
Do you have any clue why your application was considered as non routine?

CitizenSoon

Sep 19, 2018
Also, does the oath invite email mention signing the form on the day of? Thanks!
You can sign the form electronically and submit it to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: zam7
Jul 22, 2020
We have passed the citizenship test on March 12th. However, the status still “ in process” .when I checked this with CIC they confirmed to me that the only thing is remaining is that one of our security check still pending (not the fingerprint) it’s kind of background checks. My question is does anyone had similar case and how long the process took to change to DM.
thanks,
Passed my citizenship test the same day ( March 12, 2020) and got my status " decision made" the same day. The CIC answer is right. The security check process can be done even in one day. It all depends on what they need to check and what proof you provide to them if asked to do so.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
The mail comes with two attachments i.e. 1st is the oath of citizenship(common for people who want to sign with a pen or electronically) and 2nd is the procedure to add electronic signatures (to be referred for steps to sign the oath of citizenship electronically ).

The mail also has a section that mentions:

After the video oath ceremony:
- Once you have signed the Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form (on paper or electronically), e-mail it immediately (should be no longer than 2 days) to this e-mail address. If you have printed and signed the form, you will need to scan the form then email it to us.

All the best!

Reactions: zam7

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020

Application Received: November 5, 2018
Test Date: November 18, 2019 Passed 20/20

July 22, 2020 : My status is (In process) NO DM / NO OATH INVITATION

MORE THAN 20 MONTHS AND I AM STILL WAITING !!

• Sad
Reactions: CitizenSoon

duckduckgoose

Star Member
Jul 4, 2020

Application Received: November 5, 2018
Test Date: November 18, 2019 Passed 20/20

July 22, 2020 : My status is (In process) NO DM / NO OATH INVITATION

MORE THAN 20 MONTHS AND I AM STILL WAITING !!
Your application is likely non routine