+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
My oath ceremony was scheduled for March 21st and then cancelled due to covid. After waiting patiently, I sent an inquiry using the IRCC web form to asl when it can be re-scheduled. Here is their response:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Given that public health authorities continue to recommend social distancing to limit the spread of COVID-19, all in-person appointments are cancelled until further notice:

If you had an in-person appointment scheduled at a local IRCC office you will be contacted at a later date for the rescheduling of your appointment.

Regarding landings for permanent residence and other immigration services at the port of entry (POE):

• You should not travel to a POE to apply directly to a border services officer.
  • Travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.
We invite you to consult our website regularly. It will be updated as the situation evolves.

We thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
When a client sends a WebForm to IRCC, it is a case specific enquiry (CSE) and that a client is seeking for a specific answer with regards to his/her application. Looking at the above reply of IRCC client support center, what was actually asked for and what ircc office responded, it's totally irrelevant, frustrating and generic; doesn't make any sense .It's like reading their website.

Ramzks

Feb 5, 2014
Hello!
Update: I just got off the phone with IRCC and they told me that they had confirmation that my oath was scheduled but no notice that they sent me anything. So he told me to just wait. He did validate my contact information to see if what was correct.
As it turns out, partway through my call (was on hold for 35 minutes until I spoke to the agent) I got the email with the Zoom invite!
I'm guessing they are just sending them really late or something. For those of you also scheduled for this week your emails should be on the way. @deepgill1990 @Chrisstina

deepgill1990

Jul 16, 2020
Hello!
Update: I just got off the phone with IRCC and they told me that they had confirmation that my oath was scheduled but no notice that they sent me anything. So he told me to just wait. He did validate my contact information to see if what was correct.
As it turns out, partway through my call (was on hold for 35 minutes until I spoke to the agent) I got the email with the Zoom invite!
I'm guessing they are just sending them really late or something. For those of you also scheduled for this week your emails should be on the way.
Thanks for the update and congratulations!!!!

Last edited:

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hello!
I'm guessing they are just sending them really late or something. For those of you also scheduled for this week your emails should be on the way. @deepgill1990 @Chrisstina
Congratulations and thanks for your concerns for us.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
I passed the test on March 4, 2020 and was not scheduled for oath before. Mississauga office.
Hi Gill. My interview was on 5th Feb at Scarborough and first oath was fixed on 31st March later cancelled. As already apprised that I received call on 13rd July 2020 for virtual oath ceremony on 22nd July but like you I have also not received any email till now. Please update as and when you get email, I will also update as & when I get any email. Will you share the initial three digit of phone number you received on 13rd July. I got call starting with 647xxxx it may be because my CPC is Scarborough (earlier Mississauga).

deepgill1990

Jul 16, 2020
Thanks for the update
Thanks for the update
Hi Gill. My interview was on 5th Feb at Scarborough and first oath was fixed on 31st March later cancelled. As already apprised that I received call on 13rd July 2020 for virtual oath ceremony on 22nd July but like you I have also not received any email till now. Please update as and when you get email, I will also update as & when I get any email. Will you share the initial three digit of phone number you received on 13rd July. I got call starting with 647xxxx it may be because my CPC is Scarborough (earlier Mississauga).
Yes sure I will update you once i get the email. I am thinking we will get the email with instructions tomorrow as like other applicants in this forum, most of the applicants received email a day before the oath.I received the call from unknown number on July 13th and they asked me if I am interested to take the oath virtually, then she gave me 2 options July 22 or July 24 I choose July 22nd. She also advised that I will get the email within a week with further instructions.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Yes sure I will update you once i get the email. I am thinking we will get the email with instructions tomorrow as like other applicants in this forum, most of the applicants received email a day before the oath.I received the call from unknown number on July 13th and they asked me if I am interested to take the oath virtually, then she gave me 2 options July 22 or July 24 I choose July 22nd. She also advised that I will get the email within a week with further instructions.
Thank you very much. We both will update . Today when I was talking with IRCC rep she also advised me to contact tomorrow. Once again thanks

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Update! I just got the email Notice to Appear - To Take the Oath of Citizenship - By Video. I hope you get it too.
Congratulations. My email id is of yahoo. Do you feel every one i
Update! I just got the email Notice to Appear - To Take the Oath of Citizenship - By Video. I hope you get it too.
Congratulations. Do you feel that applicant having email id of gmail are only getting virtual oath. My email id is of yahoo. My timing is 8.45 am on 22nd July,2020. Will you pl share as to whether your email id is from gmail and what is time of oath on 22nd? Once again tons of congratulations.

deepgill1990

Jul 16, 2020
Congratulations. My email id is of yahoo. Do you feel every one i

Congratulations. Do you feel that applicant having email id of gmail are only getting virtual oath. My email id is of yahoo. My timing is 8.45 am on 22nd July,2020. Will you pl share as to whether your email id is from gmail and what is time of oath on 22nd? Once again tons of congratulations.
Thanks.mine is yahoo as well. I get for 3pm on July 22nd.

Nocelox

Sep 11, 2013
tus
FAQ | Security
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 1, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 23, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on November 13, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 2, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 24, 2020 at 10:16 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on June 30, 2020 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 14, 2020 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on July 14, 2020.
  7. I’m located in Calgary
  8. end of the long journey
  9. Good luck !

Progress87

May 31, 2020
tus
FAQ | Security
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 1, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 23, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on November 13, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 2, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 24, 2020 at 10:16 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on June 30, 2020 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 14, 2020 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on July 14, 2020.
  7. I’m located in Calgary
  8. end of the long journey
  9. Good luck !
Congrats! You had your virtual oath on Tuesday July 14th in Calgary. I am assuming you emailed them your signed oath form on the same day. Did you receive your certificate in the mail yet?

Reactions: Nocelox

Nocelox

Sep 11, 2013
Thank you !
I still waiting for the certificate.
and for the moment passport offices just make passports for emergencies..