+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
IRCC says, "We’re now inviting some applicants to do a video oath ceremony (citizenship ceremony). Please wait for us to contact you."

The above statement seems not only unprofessional, biased but also very confusing and misleading for the public, clients or stakeholders. IRCC does not specify any criteria as to who were those "some" applicants being invited for video oaths. I understand, IRCC is unable to give a timeline; but, at the very least, they must have outlined an eligibility criteria instead of putting all applicants in a blind and confused situation.

We should send our feedback to ircc to properly clarify the information made to public.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

Example, Govt announced CERB benefits and they fully outlined and explained the eligibility criteria. In case of virtual oath ceremony announcement, why is the Govt/IRCC citing a blind (immature) statement which does not have any criteria? There is nothing to be hidden from the public. It's IRCC's duty to public to provide full, correct relevant and transparent information as to who are those "some" applicants to do a video oath ceremony.

I bet and challenge; nobody on this forum, any lawyer, any consultant, any intellectual or any think tank can exactly tell you who are those "some" applicants. Only IRCC knows. Why??? Is that something extremely secret or sort of classified information? My point of concern is why does only IRCC know? Why are the public, clients and stakeholders deprived of the information or criteria of being invited for a virtual oath ceremony?
Be careful you start to sound like a bad apple too many questions :)

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Are you saying we do not have the right to express ourself and we should just keep quiet and wait ?
No.

There is nothing at all akin to that in my observations.

To be sure, however, to the extent posts in this forum are contrary to what is clearly fact and largely a distraction, with more than a little malice underlying the insults aimed at fellow-Canadians, of course I will sometimes remind the majority of visitors and participants how and why those are untrue or unwarranted, and urge that those views do not represent Canada or Canadian values. And do not represent the majority of forum participants, particularly those who are here to help others better navigate the process.

I get it that pointing out how utterly wrong some views are may chill their expression. I hope so.

But sure, anyone has a right to express whatever. When what they express is unfounded, untrue, or utterly unreasonable, however, they do not have the right to be shielded from it being called out.

And to be clear, I in fact I agreed with your observation, which I quoted and am quoting here again:

I am just shocked to see that even with the high number of cases, the US still manages to do something about their citizenship process.
Notwithstanding the rather sordid history of the U.S., especially in terms of its persistently insidious racism and corruption, I too am nonetheless shocked at just how aggressively so much of the U.S. has steamed ahead, as noted, damn-the-torpedoes. It is indeed staggering, rather mind-boggling. What is going on south of our border seems like utter insanity .

I do not have a crystal ball so I cannot forecast what will for sure happen in the coming months, but it very much looks like the U.S. is driving hard toward a cliff, the lemming population apparently hovering around 40 percent according to recent polls and hell-bent on at least pushing things to the edge if not over.

Last thing Canada should do, the very last thing, is in any way emulate the beast south of our border.

IRCC says, "We’re now inviting some applicants to do a video oath ceremony (citizenship ceremony). Please wait for us to contact you."

The above statement seems not only unprofessional, biased but also very confusing and misleading for the public, clients or stakeholders. IRCC does not specify any criteria as to who were those "some" applicants being invited for video oaths. I understand, IRCC is unable to give a timeline; but, at the very least, they must have outlined an eligibility criteria instead of putting all applicants in a blind and confused situation.
Canada is managing its way through perhaps its most severe crisis in my lifetime, and I've been around a good long while. The hard consequences are not so bad at the moment, but that is largely because of the protective measures implemented AND in significant part employed by enough Canadians to make a difference . . . compare, for example, how things are going right next door.

This is a transitory phase. IRCC is clearly evolving, adapting its procedures, perhaps continually.

There is nothing unprofessional about giving the public notice that efforts are being made but for now the department cannot process queries about when individual applicants will be scheduled for the oath other than to be giving notice to those they manage to schedule for such a ceremony.

In contrast, there are many signs that scores of people are making inquiries and demanding information despite being well aware of the overwhelming burden IRCC is bearing during this crisis. That is abusive.

That said, I am confident that scores and scores more recognize the nature of these times and are being patient, doing their part to help not hinder. I applaud them. I am confident that many, probably most visitors to this forum, and most participants, belong to this latter group. Those who know and behave like we are all in this together. I want to acknowledge them, their patience, their fortitude, their commitment to becoming citizens in fact not just in status.

Reactions: CitizenSoon

Syed07283

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014 Pmt charged....: 25/09/2014 P.E.R.............: 04/10/2014 Processing started: 20/11/2014 Email Verification: 27/07/2015
Med's Request
27/08/2015
Med's Done....
05/09/2015
Interview........
Waived Decision Made..: 03/10/2015
Passport Req..
05/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2015
LANDED..........
21/01/2016
Received a call from IRCC Mississauga for virtual oath ceremony on July 17,2020. Previously I was scheduled for March 30,2020
can u share the phone number please

Syed07283

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014 Pmt charged....: 25/09/2014 P.E.R.............: 04/10/2014 Processing started: 20/11/2014 Email Verification: 27/07/2015
Med's Request
27/08/2015
Med's Done....
05/09/2015
Interview........
Waived Decision Made..: 03/10/2015
Passport Req..
05/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2015
LANDED..........
21/01/2016

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Ontario now allowing 50 people to be present indoors. Tests can start now. Bad news; GTA not included yet.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mpsqra

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanna give you guys an update, I just received a call from IRCC that my virtual ceremony is scheduled on next Monday the 13th, below is my entire timeline:
GTA Applicant
App received: Jun 27th 2019
Aor: Sep 4th 2019
In process: Oct 22nd 2019
Test invite: Dec 19th 2019
Test passed: Jan 7th 2020
Decision made: Jan 8th 2020
Original oath date: Apr 20th 2020 at Scarborough, canceled due to Covid19
Invitation to virtual ceremony: Jul 10th 2020
Virtual ceremony date: Jul 13th 2020
Just finished the virtual ceremony, everything went smoothly, and the clerk said that we will receive the citizenship certificate in 2 weeks. Best of luck to you all.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Just finished the virtual ceremony, everything went smoothly, and the clerk said that we will receive the citizenship certificate in 2 weeks. Best of luck to you all.
CONGRATS
when was your original ceremony date? please