+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanna give you guys an update, I just received a call from IRCC that my virtual ceremony is scheduled on next Monday the 13th, below is my entire timeline:
GTA Applicant
App received: Jun 27th 2019
Aor: Sep 4th 2019
In process: Oct 22nd 2019
Test invite: Dec 19th 2019
Test passed: Jan 7th 2020
Decision made: Jan 8th 2020
Original oath date: Apr 20th 2020 at Scarborough, canceled due to Covid19
Invitation to virtual ceremony: Jul 10th 2020
Virtual ceremony date: Jul 13th 2020

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Literally nothing would happen. We're talking about a systemic issue here with tens of thousands of applicants in limbo. Ain't no writ of mandamus or MP can help here.
I think that user's application has been stuck pre Covid. No harm in doing all this for that application. Sitting and saying nothing will happen is not useful.

cestcaquejm

Mar 5, 2020
August 2019 applicant here status= DM/ ready for ceremony. Have friends applied at the same time got their citizenship a few months ago. They took the test and got DM after me.

Nothing to complain, just hope the waiting game will end soon for all people who have been waiting patiently.

Jul 26, 2015
Somebody over here recommended not to email local visa office in calgary to ask them about the file among the first people whose ceremony got cancelled and have not heard anything since then. Where else should we approach for the same. I cannot get the answer from anyone. Feeling bad at the moment

Jul 26, 2015
Even my pr card is expired now. Kinda stuck
Somebody over here recommended not to email local visa office in calgary to ask them about the file among the first people whose ceremony got cancelled and have not heard anything since then. Where else should we approach for the same. I cannot get the answer from anyone. Feeling bad at the moment

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
August 2019 applicant here status= DM/ ready for ceremony. Have friends applied at the same time got their citizenship a few months ago. They took the test and got DM after me.

Nothing to complain, just hope the waiting game will end soon for all people who have been waiting patiently.
@cestcaquejm Yes, you're true. This rules out the principle of "first come, first served" basis. It's up to the officer you have file under.

daksha

May 4, 2014
Just wanna give you guys an update, I just received a call from IRCC that my virtual ceremony is scheduled on next Monday the 13th, below is my entire timeline:
GTA Applicant
App received: Jun 27th 2019
Aor: Sep 4th 2019
In process: Oct 22nd 2019
Test invite: Dec 19th 2019
Test passed: Jan 7th 2020
Decision made: Jan 8th 2020
Original oath date: Apr 20th 2020 at Scarborough, canceled due to Covid19
Invitation to virtual ceremony: Jul 10th 2020
Virtual ceremony date: Jul 13th 2020

Hi ....Did you receive an email with the details .. I got a call on 7th July for virtual ceremony on the 15th of July .. I still have not received the details of the oath ceremony..

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ....Did you receive an email with the details .. I got a call on 7th July for virtual ceremony on the 15th of July .. I still have not received the details of the oath ceremony..
Yes, I received the email instructions several hours after the call.

daksha

May 4, 2014
Yes, I received the email instructions several hours after the call.
Thanks for the info .. not sure if I should wait or try calling the help desk .. little worried now .. congrats to you and wishing you the best for the ceremony..

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
3 years for citizenship. Much shorter than other countries. Even with the waiting you will still receuve citizenship faster than other countries. You don't even have to wait in Canada.
I agreed in Italy you need to be a PR for ten years( Physical presence) before you can apply for citizenship and need to wait for two more years of processing time.

Reactions: canuck78