+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

HarpD

Jun 13, 2019
Any information if IRCC Vancouver/Surrey is conducting any online Oath ceremonies... I submitted my application in February 25th 2019 still awaiting to be a citizen seems like this wait is never ending

Last edited:

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Any information if IRCC Vancouver/Surrey is conducting any online Oath ceremonies... I submitted my application in February 25th 2019 still awaiting to be a citizen seems like this wait is never ending
when did you take test? how can you tolerate this...

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
My PR card has also expired and now I am stuck with the pending file, I just noticed that PR card renewal time is showing up as 287 days which is insane, I think the government needs to prioritize one or the other thing

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
My PR card has also expired and now I am stuck with the pending file, I just noticed that PR card renewal time is showing up as 287 days which is insane, I think the government needs to prioritize one or the other thing
bascially IRCC is telling you: just don't f*** leave country now

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
bascially IRCC is telling you: just don't f*** leave country now
Well not everyone has that option with family back in the home country, this is a critical time. I mean CIC could have just extended everyone's PR card that has recently expired with a grace period of 2 years so that people who have to leave can be assured that they will be allowed entry back. All that requires is just a notification to all the border agencies.

Reactions: Ado and Salinas_CA

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
And what if he doesn't? Then what? What can he do?

- Nothing, like all of us here...
Ask lawyer to write the Mandamus thing. I read a post where one guy did this and immediately his case moved forward. Contact MP. Order GCMS notes. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

elwaver

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ask lawyer to write the Mandamus thing. I read a post where one guy did this and immediately his case moved forward. Contact MP. Order GCMS notes. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Literally nothing would happen. We're talking about a systemic issue here with tens of thousands of applicants in limbo. Ain't no writ of mandamus or MP can help here.