+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Hi Guys,

I see, a few guys on this forum have posted to have received an ECAS update or email from IRCC regarding virtual citizenship ceremony. Frankly speaking, I do not trust those guys because IRCC cannot initiate such events, at the very least, without mentioning on its official website. The IRCC official web page (Last updated: June 01, 2020) categorically says "All citizenship events are cancelled". Therefore, please do not believe in those unauthenticated news.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/citizenship.html

Thank you,
Mike
Might want to do more research. As I stated above, I've seen an actual letter for a virtual oath. We all agree IRCC has not published or updated anything, but virtual oaths are definitely happening this week.

Reactions: Mike263

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Hello everyone.
I just completed my virtual oath ceremony. I am not an essential worker and I did not apply for emergency or fast service.
Process:
Confirm your address.
Hold a scissor to cut your pr card
Verify 2 pieces of Id's.
Take your Oath.
Sign the Oath Affrimation form, scan it and send it back to them.

Finally the journey ends. I wish everyone else all the best :)

Thank you.

Hello izz83,

The IRCC official web page (Last updated: June 01, 2020) categorically says "All citizenship events are cancelled".

I'm wondering, why would IRCC deviate from what they have officially or publicly announced. This is unbelievable...!! Would you like to share some sort of snapshot, screenshot of your update or email or letter?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/citizenship.html

Thank you
-Mike

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Might want to do more research. As I stated above, I've seen an actual letter for a virtual oath. We all agree IRCC has not published or updated anything, but virtual oaths are definitely happening this week.
Hello Simpsol22,

The IRCC official web page (Last updated: June 01, 2020) categorically says "All citizenship events are cancelled".

I'm wondering, why would IRCC deviate from what they have officially or publicly announced? This is unbelievable...!! There is specifically no word of virtual, remote or online citizenship ceremony on IRCC official website or social media (except for Dr Adolf Ng). Would you like to share some sort of snapshot, screenshot of that letter as you mentioned above?

Thank you
-Mike

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi Guys,

I see, a few guys on this forum have posted to have received an ECAS update or email from IRCC regarding virtual citizenship ceremony. Frankly speaking, I do not trust those guys because IRCC cannot initiate such events, at the very least, without mentioning on its official website. The IRCC official web page (Last updated: June 01, 2020) categorically says "All citizenship events are cancelled". Therefore, please do not believe in those unauthenticated news.

Thank you,
Mike
Hi,
You can choose to believe what you want. There’s no reason for people to make up stories about virtual oaths. IRCC may just be doing a few experimental oaths to work out kinks in the system before a grander roll-out. If they publish a change on the website right away, they would probably be inundated with calls and webforms asking for new dates. Which is why their repeated response always has been, “we will send you a new date and time as soon as possible.”
All we can do is wait, which we were doing anyway pre-pandemic.

Last edited:

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Agree with you @sydcarton . Also, people from various channels are reporting it. I've seen things in the past when ircc has changed something and published it days later.

lulykibuly

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
All I want to see is official announcement from IRCC instead of getting so happy about these virtual oaths...if virtual oaths are happening then why there is no announcement yet....

Reactions: Mike263

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
..if virtual oaths are happening then why there is no announcement yet....
JUST before you:
IRCC may just be doing a few experimental oaths to work out kinks in the system before a grander roll-out. If they’d publish a change on the website right away, they would probably be inundated with calls and webforms asking for new dates. Which is why their repeated response always has been, “we will send you a new date and time as soon as possible.”

Reactions: lulykibuly

SAS_RAZA

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 04-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
25-06-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
23-06-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 14-08-2015, PPR:18-08-2015
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
All I want to see is official announcement from IRCC instead of getting so happy about these virtual oaths...if virtual oaths are happening then why there is no announcement yet....
There's one word 'trust,' if you don't trust others (particularly in this forum which has helped thousands of applicants) then you shouldn't be paying any heed to what people report here. You may want to seek information from the resources you trust.
Peace

Reactions: KKE

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Hi,
You can choose to believe what you want. There’s no reason for people to make up stories about virtual oaths. IRCC may just be doing a few experimental oaths to work out kinks in the system before a grander roll-out. If they’d publish a change on the website right away, they would probably be inundated with calls and webforms asking for new dates. Which is why their repeated response always has been, “we will send you a new date and time as soon as possible.”
All we can do is wait, which we were doing anyway pre-pandemic.
You might be right. However if IRCC is doing so without public announcement (virtual oaths experiments, prototyping, checking systems, links etc...) with selective/random regular applicants, then it may lead to being biased, partial and sort of conflict of interest.

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
You might be right. However if IRCC is doing so without public announcement (virtual oaths experiments, prototyping, checking systems, links etc...) with selective/random regular applicants, then it may lead to being biased, partial and sort of conflict of interest.
In case of Professor Dr Adolf Ng, IRCC publicly declared it on social media, Twitter, Facebook etc. At the same time, IRCC did clearly mention "Please note that all citizenship ceremonies and citizenship tests remain cancelled until further notice".

Ref:

mary_27

Sep 20, 2015
Let's just be patient for a little longer, after all that has been happening.

Assuming that an experimental virtual ceremony has started, we should be hearing from more and more people here reporting about receiving such virtual invitations in the coming weeks, which would be a promising sign that this experiment is working and soon its our turn.

Reactions: hudson34

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
I asked IRCC several times about oath / citizenship ceremonies, they just have only one copy-paste reply i.e., "IRCC continues to monitor and assess this changing situation. You will be informed of new dates as soon as possible. Continue to check the IRCC website for any updates".

Again, they are referring to continue to check the IRCC website for any updates.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
I asked IRCC several times about oath / citizenship ceremonies, they just have only one copy-paste reply i.e., "IRCC continues to monitor and assess this changing situation. You will be informed of new dates as soon as possible. Continue to check the IRCC website for any updates".

Again, they are referring to continue to check the IRCC website for any updates.
Well the social media team and agents have been told to stick to the script. Not sure why you expect them to deviate and confirm/deny virtual oaths are happening. They may not even be aware this is happening internally.
A reporter from CBC, Kathleen Harris, reached out to the Facebook group asking for stories from people whose tests and oaths have been cancelled. Feel free to air your grievances to her as well.

Last edited:

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Hi Guys,

You know, due to Covid-19 pandemic, Canadian government is currently providing some benefits $$ (CERB etc) to eligible Citizens and Permanent Residents. If IRCC starts granting Citizenship's and specifically PR's to awaiting applicants and families inside/outside Canada, it would automatically overload the financial burden as well as medical health care system; which the Canadian government does not want at this moment of time amidst Covid-19 challenges. That is why, I think, the IRCC would somehow manage to delay the events until we go back to normal.

What you guys think?