+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hello everyone.
I just completed my virtual oath ceremony. I am not an essential worker and I did not apply for emergency or fast service.
Process:
Confirm your address.
Hold a scissor to cut your pr card
Verify 2 pieces of Id's.
Take your Oath.
Sign the Oath Affrimation form, scan it and send it back to them.

Finally the journey ends. I wish everyone else all the best :)

Thank you.
88th

Congrats did you receive your certificate or they will mail it to you ?

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Hello everyone.
I just completed my virtual oath ceremony. I am not an essential worker and I did not apply for emergency or fast service.
Process:
Confirm your address.
Verify 2 pieces of Id's.
Take your Oath.

Thank you.
Congrats....

funmohan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 12 Feb
Hello everyone.
Process:
Confirm your address.
Verify 2 pieces of Id's.
Take your Oath.

Thank you.
Will you copy paste the contents of the Oath invite (with your personal details hidden) here, please? Many thanks for all your updates. Cheers!!

Reactions: melito

mary_27

Sep 20, 2015
Hello everyone.
Process:
Confirm your address.
Verify 2 pieces of Id's.
Take your Oath.

Thank you.
Thanks a lot for sharing this information with us! Congratulations on finishing your final step. :) Your post is certainly reassuring now that it's real! :)

Mush1981

Nov 28, 2018
Hello everyone.
Process:
Confirm your address.
Verify 2 pieces of Id's.
Take your Oath.

Thank you.
Hi how many of them were there for oath? Is it one to one?

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oath is one on one and the certificate will be mailed in 2 weeks.time.
If this is a one to one ceremony then God bless everyone here because its going to take long time to tackle 1000+ candidates backlog. Also I feel this is some kind of experimental thing.

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Whao!! How will those out of the country be able to take the oath remotely and return without a PR card and oath of citizenship.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
If this is a one to one ceremony then God bless everyone here because its going to take long time to tackle 1000+ candidates backlog. Also I feel this is some kind of experimental thing.
I think it is experimental and on a limited rollout only. If you have multiple judges and officers conducting, you could finish a 100 oaths or so over two days. Hopefully they expand and save themselves trouble, the longer they wait for an in-person oath, the bigger the backlog.

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
Whao!! How will those out of the country be able to take the oath remotely and return without a PR card and oath of citizenship.
Its fair to expect those taking the oath to be inside the country. I don't think this requirement will be waived as a result of covid. Lets not make it more complicated for ircc :)

mrrobot

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
I think it is experimental and on a limited rollout only. If you have multiple judges and officers conducting, you could finish a 100 oaths or so over two days. Hopefully they expand and save themselves trouble, the longer they wait for an in-person oath, the bigger the backlog.
True, looks like they are experimenting in on a small scale to understand pros and cons before they make an official statement about it. I'm still wondering how will they take tests? (concerned as I have to do test, 15 months in process already) They want to be sure before making any public announcement.

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
True, looks like they are experimenting in on a small scale to understand pros and cons before they make an official statement about it. I'm still wondering how will they take tests? (concerned as I have to do test, 15 months in process already) They want to be sure before making any public announcement.
I don’t think so. IMO they are just afraid that this measures will be criticized by the opposition or right wings. For example, newly approved PR applicants have been granted landing exemptions for almost 1 month now, and there are still no updated policy about this whatsoever on their website.