+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps?

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Just got an email for virtual oath ceremony on the 1st of June. My ceremony was earlier scheduled for the 17th of March. Edmonton office.
Hi, Can you please share more details about what would be the procedure and what documents do they want? How would they take back the PR card etc? TIA!

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Just got an email for virtual oath ceremony on the 1st of June. My ceremony was earlier scheduled for the 17th of March. Edmonton office.
[/
Congratulations. Your virtual oath ceremony on 1st June 2020 is very encouraging and life giving event . Would you please share the procedure being
advised to you in conducting the maiden virtual oath ceremony. Accept my heartiest congratulations on becoming Canadian Citizen on 1st June 2020.
My oath was scheduled on 31st March, 2020 at Scarborough.

hudson34

Dec 23, 2016
This is great news. Congrats!

Would you mind sharing details on what they said in the email? I'm sure many of us would benefit as we look forward getting our invites too

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Guys, I have some exciting news to share. I just checked eCas and apparently I was sent a notice to appear for a ceremony on June 5. I am in Calgary and my original date was March 16th originally. Now my question to you guys is, does anybody know whether it is virtual or real? I did not get any email yet. I saw in this thread somebody named izz83 got a virtual ceremony invite (June 2) in Edmonton. If you can please shed some light or have any other information, that will be highly appreciated. [Cross Posted in different threads].

Reactions: egyed

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I have some exciting news to share. I just checked eCas and apparently I was sent a notice to appear for a ceremony on June 5. I am in Calgary and my original date was March 16th originally. Now my question to you guys is, does anybody know whether it is virtual or real? I did not get any email yet. I saw in this thread somebody named izz83 got a virtual ceremony invite (June 2) in Edmonton. If you can please shed some light or have any other information, that will be highly appreciated. [Cross Posted in different threads].
check your spam email folder, do you have any email there?

egyed

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019

Congrats! Did you ask for urgent processing?

Dr kbknaidu

Jun 29, 2012
London,UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
App. Filed.......
29th june 2011
Doc's Request.
17th july 2011
AOR Received.
1st sep 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May 29 2011
Med's Request
Oct 26 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In Process Since Jan 7th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
Very great news, what is your time line, if possible can you share that email here (covering up your all personal data ) that gives positive vibes to 1000s of people

Progress87

May 31, 2020
Congrats! Are you a frontline worker / essential service worker?

Reactions: Sam8119

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I am!
So you communicated to CIC that you are an essential service worker and need urgent passport? or you didnt, how did CIC know you are?

Just trying to figure out if this oath ceremony is for specific people or going to be for all applicants.

Reactions: Stephany.1

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
So you communicated to CIC that you are an essential service worker and need urgent passport? or you didnt, how did CIC know you are?

Just trying to figure out if this oath ceremony is for specific people or going to be for all applicants.
OP said he/she did not request urgent processing. The citizenship application asks to list all employment in chronological order.

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP said he/she did not request urgent processing. The citizenship application asks to list all employment in chronological order.
Understand, but still doesnt makes sense if processing is being done based on this factor. Why would a nurse need Canadian citizenship before a database administrator?