+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No longer "in process" in Ecas

GoCanada1985

Jun 18, 2014
Timeline:
Delivered July 3
In progress Sept 5
Received AoR and Discover Canada book September 1

My wifes application for citizenship became "In Progress" as of September 5, 2014. From this point forward, we were able to access ECAS. In October we received a letter wanting to confirm the name she wanted to use, as we had requested a slightly different variation of her name in order to more closely agree to her documents from the Philippines. This was confirmed to be nothing more then an info request and not an RQ and we sent the letter back no problem, and as of about a month ago still had access to ECAS.

However today we are no longer able to access the ECAS server. It basically says either the info entered is wrong, or that it is not "in progress".

Is this more likely that there is an issue with the ECAS system, that her file was already sent to the local office, or something else?

Thanks in advance for the replies!

GoCanada1985

Jun 18, 2014
Never mind, I was panicked for nothing.

As I was writing the above message, it occurred to me that maybe with the name change confirmation they changed the ECAS name from her maiden name to her married name as this is what we selected. And using that I was able to access! Still in progress :)

Thanks anyways for the clicks!

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GoCanada1985 said:
Timeline:
Delivered July 3
In progress Sept 5
Received AoR and Discover Canada book September 1

My wifes application for citizenship became "In Progress" as of September 5, 2014. From this point forward, we were able to access ECAS. In October we received a letter wanting to confirm the name she wanted to use, as we had requested a slightly different variation of her name in order to more closely agree to her documents from the Philippines. This was confirmed to be nothing more then an info request and not an RQ and we sent the letter back no problem, and as of about a month ago still had access to ECAS.

However today we are no longer able to access the ECAS server. It basically says either the info entered is wrong, or that it is not "in progress".

Is this more likely that there is an issue with the ECAS system, that her file was already sent to the local office, or something else?

Thanks in advance for the replies!
Ecas was probably updated with your new name. Login with the changed name. :)

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GoCanada1985 said:
Never mind, I was panicked for nothing.

As I was writing the above message, it occurred to me that maybe with the name change confirmation they changed the ECAS name from her maiden name to her married name as this is what we selected. And using that I was able to access! Still in progress :)

Thanks anyways for the clicks!
Hah. Didn't notice this message. Well, good luck. :)