+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No FSW or CEC draws in the next One whole year based on Immigration Levels Plan 2022-2024

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
OK, then the date for resuming draws will be even later.

Dec 2022 if apps can be process in 2 months.
Jan 2023 if 3 months.
Also agree with the poster above that you need to factor additional time in for the submission of the complete application post ITA (this is in addition to the processing time of the application itself). So 6-8 months plus an additional 1-2 months for submission. The processing clock never starts at ITA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If draws resume in Sep 2022, then by the beginning of May 2023 when they have cleared all 80K backlog and start processing apps invited in Sep 2022, the applicants will have already waited 7 months, plus 2 months processing time, it will be 9 months in total, which doesn't meet the 6 months standard.
The six months was a pre-COVID target with at least 20% of applications exceeding that target (again, all pre-COVID and pre-backlog). I wouldn't count at all on that now.

Reactions: SatNight

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
If draws resume in Sep 2022, then by the beginning of May 2023 when they have cleared all 80K backlog and start processing apps invited in Sep 2022, the applicants will have already waited 7 months, plus 2 months processing time, it will be 9 months in total, which doesn't meet the 6 months standard.
You keep assuming that they will wait to clear backlog to 0, which is not true. They always had some backlog. They can't leave spots open just because they have complex applications.

You also seem to think that the decisions are made in order the applications are received, which is not true. Someone invited in September this year could receive PR in March 2023 if their application is not complicated, and while there are still some backlogs.

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
You keep assuming that they will wait to clear backlog to 0, which is not true. They always had some backlog. They can't leave spots open just because they have complex applications.

You also seem to think that the decisions are made in order the applications are received, which is not true. Someone invited in September this year could receive PR in March 2023 if their application is not complicated, and while there are still some backlogs.
Why you say I assumed that they will wait to clear backlog to 0?

I think I already assume that they will resume draw in Sep as you said, while the backlog will be cleared Apr 2023.

The thing is whether they resume draws before or after clearing backlog, the existing apps will be processed before the newly invited ppl.

So in your assumption, ppl get invited in Sep, and I think they will be processed starting Apr 2023, then what is the waiting time?
It is definitely longer than 6 months which is the standard.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Why you say I assumed that they will wait to clear backlog to 0?

I think I already assume that they will resume draw in Sep as you said, while the backlog will be cleared Apr 2023.

The thing is whether they resume draws before or after clearing backlog, the existing apps will be processed before the newly invited ppl.

So in your assumption, ppl get invited in Sep, and I think they will be processed starting Apr 2023, then what is the waiting time?
It is definitely longer than 6 months which is the standard.
I thought you said in an earlier post November, then even later, like December or January 2023.

And no, there is no reason to believe they will approve older applications before the new ones. It's never been like that. It's not currently like that, and there is 0 reason to believe that it will ever be like that.

Some applications are more complex and take longer. Some go quickly. So no, there is no guarantee that the old applications will be processed before newer ones.

And yeah, it will definitely be longer than 6 months for most people.

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
I have a feeling they will follow that December memo to the dot.

On a separate note: A 2022 Immigration Conversation - LiveMeeting

Sean Fraser is speaking here. Skip to 1 hour 7 mins or so
He's talking about express entry
yeah yeah yeah, he says that in every occasion.
What he says is that immigrants are so important, so critical to our economy, we want them so much, so...
So, let's stop EE and kick them out of the country after their WPs expire!!!

I think they don't even know how applicants are feeling now. They think we are happy and they are doing a good job.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Just watched Holthe's video. Two points that we might be interested in:

- He says there might be some TR to PR spots left to do a new round of TRPR this year (because he doesn't know how many of the previous year's applicants have landed. There were 90 000 spots, and in this year and next there are around 70 000. If they only landed 20 000, then there will be no new policy, but if they landed more, there might be. (But he told us not to take this as a guarantee or like he's hinting that there definitely will be TRPR this year).

- He says that the lawyers are reminding the minister about the international graduates and what was mentioned in the memo about creating pathways for graduates. First to extend PGWP and also to address what they meant in their memo that they would be creating streams for international graduates.

Hmmm

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022
Just watched Holthe's video. Two points that we might be interested in:

- He says there might be some TR to PR spots left to do a new round of TRPR this year (because he doesn't know how many of the previous year's applicants have landed. There were 90 000 spots, and in this year and next there are around 70 000. If they only landed 20 000, then there will be no new policy, but if they landed more, there might be. (But he told us not to take this as a guarantee or like he's hinting that there definitely will be TRPR this year).

- He says that the lawyers are reminding the minister about the international graduates and what was mentioned in the memo about creating pathways for graduates. First to extend PGWP and also to address what they meant in their memo that they would be creating streams for international graduates.
Holthe has been saying this one thing for almost a month now. I wonder if the Minister of Immigration actually take them seriously? I don't think so because nothing has changed. The Minister has not still come up with a WP extension Policy of any sort. Tired of Holthe trying to promote his business in the name of advocating for CEC candidates.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Holthe has been saying this one thing for almost a month now. I wonder if the Minister of Immigration actually take them seriously? I don't think so because nothing has changed. The Minister has not still come up with a WP extension Policy of any sort. Tired of Holthe trying to promote his business in the name of advocating for CEC candidates.
I don't trust Holthe one bit, but this is a good reminder that international students were mentioned in the memo.

Also, I didn't know that we don't know how many people they landed in 2021 from TR to PR program. There are around 70 000 spots and 77 000 people applied last year, so if they processed more than just 7 000, there might be spots for a new TRPR.

Hmmm

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022
I don't trust Holthe one bit, but this is a good reminder that international students were mentioned in the memo.

Also, I didn't know that we don't know how many people they landed in 2021 from TR to PR program. There are around 70 000 spots and 77 000 people applied last year, so if they processed more than just 7 000, there might be spots for a new TRPR.
If we know the number of TR 2 PR that were landed in 2021 then we can at least predict if there is going to be additional intake for 2022 based on the current levels plan.

Reactions: SatNight

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019

This guy?

Good luck to his clients.

Even a restaurant not following its published open hours is immoral, not to mention a country's immigration department.

It is human being's common sense that inducing people's hope then crashing it is evil.
Cannot believe there are ppl defending him.