+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No FSW or CEC draws in the next One whole year based on Immigration Levels Plan 2022-2024

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
This analysis doesn’t for a bit conform with the Minister’s interview he had with ApplyBoard. He stated that there’s an announcement coming up in Spring of 2022 for CEC and FSW draws.
Would you provide the link for the interview by any chance?

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
Thanks, but I didn't find any good news in this link.

It doesn't mention CEC at all.
It does mention FSW, saying it will resume in near term, which equals to saying nothing.

Bad news are obvious on the other hand:
1. "Despite reduction in high-skilled immigrants, Canada will still have the people to fill jobs"
2. "The government hasn’t specified how many refugees it will take from Ukraine".

Only hope is "Fraser said it could be later this spring before Canada was even inviting applicants to apply again."
But it is not a quote from the minister, and the use of "could be" indicates that it is not a certain thing at all...

Hmmm

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022
Thanks, but I didn't find any good news in this link.

It doesn't mention CEC at all.
It does mention FSW, saying it will resume in near term, which equals to saying nothing.

Bad news are obvious on the other hand:
1. "Despite reduction in high-skilled immigrants, Canada will still have the people to fill jobs"
2. "The government hasn’t specified how many refugees it will take from Ukraine".

Only hope is "Fraser said it could be later this spring before Canada was even inviting applicants to apply again."
But it is not a quote from the minister, and the use of "could be" indicates that it is not a certain thing at all...
Yes, I understand. Also note that newspapers extract information from interviews based on their interest so they did not cover the part where he spoke lengthy about draws resumption. When you witness the video you will get a better perspective. I am also eagerly awaiting the draws and have been stressed. But listening to the interview I felt a bit hopeful. I’ll share it here once it is available.

Last edited:

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
Yes, I understand. Also note that newspapers extract information from interviews based on their interest so they did not cover the part where he spoke lengthy about draws resumption. When you witness the video you will get a better perspective. I am also eagerly awaiting the draws and have been stressed. But listening to the interview I felt a bit hopeful. I’ll share it here once it is available.
Thank you so much. I am looking forward to the video.

There has been bad news after bad news since last September when CEC was stopped. Every bit of good news will be appreciated.

The suggestion made by CBA that advocates for a new pathway for TRs has been ignored by the Minister I guess.

It is understandable. I would ignore it as well if I were in his position.
The similar TR2PR program messed up everything. It doesn't make sense to do it once again. But the problem is when CEC will be resumed.

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019

There has been bad news after bad news since last September when CEC was stopped. Every bit of good news will be appreciated.

The suggestion made by CBA that advocates for a new pathway for TRs has been ignored by the Minister I guess.

The similar TR2PR program messed up everything. It doesn't make sense to do it once again. But the problem is when CEC will be resumed.
It hasn’t even been a month. since the recommendation is out. I’m not sure how influential CBA is but they seem to work closely with the minister. I do not believe he would straight out ignore it , maybe he will implement it partially or even fully. The cec+ stream suggested is not as broad as TR2PR, so maybe it could be a thing

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I do think they need to start inviting people before the backlog is over. TR2PR is not part of the same quotas - whatever they do with it, has nothing to do with CEC and FSW.

They still need people for 2023, as I understand, and they need to start inviting them early enough so with 6-8 month processing time these people can land in 2023. The latest they can start inviting for 2023 landing is March 2023, but I don't think it makes sense, because by the time they have cleared up the backlog until March 2023, they would have no files to process, and then they'd get a huge batch in March, which would create new backlogs. This is why I think they need to start inviting new people this year. My estimation is after the summer the latest. (September perhaps?)

ar.armeet

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Canada
Would learning French be an option? This is what my wife is doing.
Hey,
That's what I am thinking to do. I calculated the score with minimum score in TCF, one get 15 points for that...!!!
If IRCC has plans for cec draw next year, then I will loose another 5 points for my age.

Hmmm

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022

Please follow this link and see what he said.

Reactions: vignesh93

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
Thank you so much. This is excellent.

1. FSW will resume in Spring (what about CEC though?)
2. There will be approaches to extent PGWP in the next a few weeks or months (months? seriously???).
The same question. LoL. He's been saying the same since Dec 2021 and always says "weeks and months" carefully to be on safer side. No proper plan

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
How about CEC fellas between 400-450... Any chances this year? Thoughts...
I think the # of apps being invited after the draws resume will be very limited.

In the past it was 6000 per 4 weeks, but it will be 3000 or even 2000 in this year IMO, because IRCC doesn't really need new apps, they are resuming it only because the pressure on them. In other words, they will invite 12k-ish apps in this year.

It also depends on whether IRCC will hold CEC and FSW draws separately or not.

If not, then no way it will drop under 450 in 2022, not even in 2023. There are 50K+ apps in pool whose CRSs are higher than 450.

If yes, it depends on how many CEC apps in the pool have a crs higher than 450, which we don't know. But I think there are not many, and maybe in the first half of 2023 it will drop below 450.