Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2012
LANDED..........
04-13-2012
I am getting worried as my sponsor approval date approaches because I keep reading that many people aren't getting letters or emails to confirm their approval.

In my case, he document checklist for MICC (Immigration Quebec) states I havenclose with my application the letter or email of approval by CIC...

What should I do if I don't receive anything in writin and I happen to find out by calling the call centre???

Wil MICC still accept and approve my application??!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
I haven't heard of any sponsors not getting a letter/email after approval, but maybe I'm reading the wrong threads. You can't really send your application for your certificate de selection du Quebec until your sponsor has received his/her approval. On e-cas it should update to tell you decision made for the sponsor (if you login as the sponsor) and if you click on that line it will show you details such as the following:

"We received your application to sponsor AmericaninQuebec on February xx, 2011.

We started processing your application on March xx, 2011.

We sent you a letter on March xx, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We forwarded your application to the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) on March xx, 2011."

If the e-cas updates to show decision made without that info then call Immigration Canada directly. The sponsorhip approval is handled in Mississaugua and therefore they can give you information regarding the sponsorship portion of the application through that hotline. If the 70 day period hasn't pass yet or it has and no update has been made then you might just have to wait longer, or try calling and see if they will give you an update. No point sending your application off to MICC without that letter though, as it's a necessary part and they won't process your app anyway until the sponsor has been approved on the federal level.

ccbrasil

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2012
LANDED..........
04-13-2012
AmericaninQuebec said:
I haven't heard of any sponsors not getting a letter/email after approval, but maybe I'm reading the wrong threads. You can't really send your application for your certificate de selection du Quebec until your sponsor has received his/her approval. On e-cas it should update to tell you decision made for the sponsor (if you login as the sponsor) and if you click on that line it will show you details such as the following:

"We received your application to sponsor AmericaninQuebec on February xx, 2011.

We started processing your application on March xx, 2011.

We sent you a letter on March xx, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We forwarded your application to the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) on March xx, 2011."

If the e-cas updates to show decision made without that info then call Immigration Canada directly. The sponsorhip approval is handled in Mississaugua and therefore they can give you information regarding the sponsorship portion of the application through that hotline. If the 70 day period hasn't pass yet or it has and no update has been made then you might just have to wait longer, or try calling and see if they will give you an update. No point sending your application off to MICC without that letter though, as it's a necessary part and they won't process your app anyway until the sponsor has been approved on the federal level.
I hear what you are saying, but it is not what I am asking. Ive seen a couple of people saying that they found out they had been approved by calling CIC, and they had told them they were approved over 2 or 3 weeks ago, and that a letter had been mailed at that time, but they had not received anything. Also I've read other cases in which the call centre's info says that an email was sent, but they have not received anything.

My point is, if the applicattion to sponsor was indeed approved, I know that CIC informs MICC of this. My worry is if I do not receive any written confirmation, and I only find out through the call centre, what should I do then? because other people have also said that they requested for the letter or email to be re-sent and they waited and nothing yet. I am worried that by waiting I waste time.

I remember reading at another thread that because CIC informs MICC, you don't really even need to send anything, but I want to do everything by the book, so that is why I want to know my options.

I guess I will call MICC when the time comes if I don't receive anything in writing.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
I'm sorry I misunderstood your question. Unfortunately I don't have any advice on what to do in that situation. :(

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've read a few people, most notably kourts with the Buffalo office, posting that they know they were approved according to e-cas yet the sponsor never received that approval communication. However, I don't think any of the people with that issue were going through Quebec, so this would be the first such instance I'm personally aware of. I've also read some posts where people said the VO lost the CSQ that MICC issued, by the way, thereby holding up the processing there. Fun times.....

AmericaninQuebec said:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, correction: I see now that the OP is not exactly saying they know they were approved but never got notification......just thinking ahead to the possibility that that will be the case given that his or her approval letter has not yet arrived.
ddobro2 said:
I've read a few people, most notably kourts with the Buffalo office, posting that they know they were approved according to e-cas yet the sponsor never received that approval communication. However, I don't think any of the people with that issue were going through Quebec, so this would be the first such instance I'm personally aware of. I've also read some posts where people said the VO lost the CSQ that MICC issued, by the way, thereby holding up the processing there. Fun times.....

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't jump the gun just yet, CPCM should have finished processing all sponsorship portions for applications they received August 22 or earlier. you filed September 12 by the looks of your timeline, so you need to give them a bit more time to issue the sponsor in this case the approval letter or email. If you have the sponsorship portion pop up in e-cas saying decision made and they forwarded the PR portion to Sao Paolo......without ever getting the approval message from CPCM, then as americaninquebec said, you need to then get a hold of Mississagua. Yes, CPCM sends their copy to MICC and MICC sends their CSQ copy to Sao Paolo, but technically you need to follow the directions of that application checklist and provide your own copy with your CSQ application. But that's IF you end up in that situation in the first place.
ccbrasil said:
I am getting worried as my sponsor approval date approaches because I keep reading that many people aren't getting letters or emails to confirm their approval.

In my case, he document checklist for MICC (Immigration Quebec) states I havenclose with my application the letter or email of approval by CIC...

What should I do if I don't receive anything in writin and I happen to find out by calling the call centre???

Wil MICC still accept and approve my application??!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
Don't jump the gun just yet, CPCM should have finished processing all sponsorship portions for applications they received August 22 or earlier. you filed September 12 by the looks of your timeline, so you need to give them a bit more time to issue the sponsor in this case the approval letter or email. If you have the sponsorship portion pop up in e-cas saying decision made and they forwarded the PR portion to Sao Paolo......without ever getting the approval message from CPCM, then as americaninquebec said, you need to then get a hold of Mississagua. Yes, CPCM sends their copy to MICC and MICC sends their CSQ copy to Sao Paolo, but technically you need to follow the directions of that application checklist and provide your own copy with your CSQ application. But that's IF you end up in that situation in the first place.
I assume MICC sends a copy to the consulate office treating the application (I honestly forget what all the paperwork regarding that says officially), but I actually received an official copy myself in the mail once it was approved. I was told to keep it in a secure location, because they would not be issuing me extra copies and that I would need it in the future for such things as applying for my provincial health insurance. Just an fyi for that future step that you should definitely receive a signed CSQ once you're approved by MICC.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep, I meant the government agencies send each other their documents, in addition to sending them to you, but you should still 1) make sure you include the federal sponsorship approval in the application for the Quebec sponsorship approval, and 2) check up on the VO that should have received the CSQ from MICC, just like you received one from them

"You" in the generic sense :)
AmericaninQuebec said:
I assume MICC sends a copy to the consulate office treating the application (I honestly forget what all the paperwork regarding that says officially), but I actually received an official copy myself in the mail once it was approved. I was told to keep it in a secure location, because they would not be issuing me extra copies and that I would need it in the future for such things as applying for my provincial health insurance. Just an fyi for that future step that you should definitely receive a signed CSQ once you're approved by MICC.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
Yep, I meant the government agencies send each other their documents, in addition to sending them to you, but you should still 1) make sure you include the federal sponsorship approval in the application for the Quebec sponsorship approval, and 2) check up on the VO that should have received the CSQ from MICC, just like you received one from them

"You" in the generic sense :)
I wasn't correcting, just pointing out that they should get their own copy as well. :) Also, in all of the immigration stuff I've been through, Immigration Québec has actually be really efficient and helpful on their end. I would even recommend ccbrasil contacting them directly if there are questions about the MICC application and what to do if by chance his/her sponsor doesn't get a proper approval letter from the federal government.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I personally cannot give them an A. When my sponsoring husband called several weeks after I had applied (I was told by them that it's the sponsor that has to inquire), they told him that they never got an application. When he called back a few days later, they then said that not only had they gotten it, they processed it and already sent out a CSQ, which I received shortly thereafter.
AmericaninQuebec said:
I wasn't correcting, just pointing out that they should get their own copy as well. :) Also, in all of the immigration stuff I've been through, Immigration Québec has actually be really efficient and helpful on their end. I would even recommend ccbrasil contacting them directly if there are questions about the MICC application and what to do if by chance his/her sponsor doesn't get a proper approval letter from the federal government.

ccbrasil

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2012
LANDED..........
04-13-2012
ddobro2 said:
I am not jumping the gun, I just want to be a step ahead... I know my number is not up yet, but I don't want to sit there waiting because my letter or email didn't come. Specially with Christmas approaching, I definitely would like to have my husbands CSQ before then!

I am just worried about the inconsistencies of CPC-M, because they don't always provide the letter or email, so I want to know if MICC really needs it, and I was hoping someone else out here had gone through the same thing.

Maybe CPC-M actually takes the time to realize that when is a Quebec applicant they HAVE to send the letter... but that's just hopeful thinking I think...

Anyway, thanks for your comments. I will definitely make some phonecalls to MICC, and hopefully in a couple of weeks my sponsorship app will be approved! ;D

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
I'm not applying for Quebec so I'm not sure about your specific circumstances, but if it helps, our app arrived Aug 19 to CPC-M. I got a mail by post (not email) saying they had approved on Oct 28. If you submitted in September, I wouldn't worry yet. I was freaking too as our processing date came and went without me hearing anything and I had been reading here that people were getting emails. I called CIC hotline and they said my process was still "in process" but a day later I got the snail mail confirming that I had been approved as a sponsor.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ccbrasil said:
I am not jumping the gun, I just want to be a step ahead... I know my number is not up yet, but I don't want to sit there waiting because my letter or email didn't come. Specially with Christmas approaching, I definitely would like to have my husbands CSQ before then!

I am just worried about the inconsistencies of CPC-M, because they don't always provide the letter or email, so I want to know if MICC really needs it, and I was hoping someone else out here had gone through the same thing.

Maybe CPC-M actually takes the time to realize that when is a Quebec applicant they HAVE to send the letter... but that's just hopeful thinking I think...

Anyway, thanks for your comments. I will definitely make some phonecalls to MICC, and hopefully in a couple of weeks my sponsorship app will be approved! ;D
I would hope since they have to take the extra added step of forwarding their decision to MICC that it also triggers the sending of a copy of the letter to you. Who knows what goes on in that black hole that is the CIC though. Haha.