+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

nightmare application has been 'misplaced' by the post office

thai/peg

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Winnipeg, Canada and Trang Thailand
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husbands application was supposed to arrive a week ago. I mailed in priority courier through Canada post. They don't know where it is. They keep asking me if I have checked to see if cic has received it but when I log into check my application status there is nothing. Is there any other way I can check? I have never been able to get though when I call. If I could get through would they be able to let me know?

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
do you not have a tracking number? have you checked with your tracking number online to see if it was dropped off to cic or not?

bongd

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Not being able to long in doesn't mean anything, as CIC does not update the website immediately after they receive it. They only update CAS weekly, and even then, they only update your status when they begin processing. For me, I only managed to log in three weeks after they received my application.

Are you saying that you gave Canada Post the tracking number and they can't tell you where it is? Wow that sucks. They do give $100 coverage but it's about the effort gathering all those documents.

The only way I think you can find out is if you call CIC until you get through, and try asking them.

Good luck.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bongd is right. ECAS won't show your application until after it has been processed. Your tracking number doesn't show delivered? What do you mean they don't know where it is? Their system doesn't show it is delivered either? Or are you just trying to verify it with CPC-Mississauga?

thai/peg

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a tracking number and have tracked it online and on the phone with the post office. They say they will tell me in 5 business days what has happened to it, this could include that it has been lost. I actually got through to CIC on the phone. She said she could not verify if it has been delivered as they are only opening applications from Oct 5. So I would have to wait for them to start opening applications sent on Oct 24th. So basically I guess I have to wait to see what the post office has to say.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Have been following your situation closely. That is really terrible... . I'm not too impressed with the Canadian system as a whole. Maybe I've been away too long.

thai/peg

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just need to vent about this absurd situation. So canada post opened a trace on my application. They finally got back to me 5 business days later saying that they had contacted Cic in Mississauga and they informed them that they could not give any information out to anyone but the applicant. So I called cic and they told me again that I would have to wait until the end of November to get verification that they had relieved our application. I am finding it hard to not become totally consumed with the fact that all of our hard work has been lost, some things we cannot replace and I do not have copies of. like old pictures, boarding passes etc, which is my fault but really this whole thing is so unbelievable.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thai/peg said:
So I would have to wait for them to start opening applications sent on Oct 24th.
Keep in mind that the date that is listed on the CIC web site has nothing to do with when the application was mailed, only with when it was received.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

YorkFactory said:
thai/peg said:
So I would have to wait for them to start opening applications sent on Oct 24th.
Keep in mind that the date that is listed on the CIC web site has nothing to do with when the application was mailed, only with when it was received.
The OP should keep in mind that Mississauga receives over 10K pieces of mail per month.

PMM

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Is it just me or does it seem like Canada Post isnt the best way to go? A lost application package is definitely a worst nightmare. I would contact CIC if possible for sure.

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
wow that's sucks !!

I can't imagine, but if it can help, they lost my wedding certificate a couple of weeks ago. I was waiting for that to send in my applciation and then the day I was going to pick them up at the town hall, I called to be told that they had not received them, a month later ... so we fallowed up with poste Canada and they never were able to track them back to us.... we ended up having to reissue all the paper work and all that....and courrier everything to make things move faster. They sai dthe would reimburse us... Ihave my UPS bils just waiting to send them.

Sara

thai/peg

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM, Im well aware they receive a ton of mail. My issue is with Canada post that they have lost my Priority courier package, they should be able to verify where it is. That is why I paid the money I did, got a tracking number etc.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
When you check online with post Canada your tracking# what information do they provide you????? Does it say lost????

venner78

Jan 13, 2009
Hello thai/peg ,
I have the same problem with royal mail. I send email to CHC london,they reply with positive answer ( they received my documenst). They ecas Will not tell any thing.
br
topperne