Passport Req..
11-09-2015; Delivered 15-09-2015; Decision Made 21-09-2015, Pick Up 23-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2015
LANDED..........
10-10-2015
Amen in Jesus name.

Phine_ay said:
All praise to God, we landed in the city of Calgary about 3 weeks ago. God has been wonderful.

Our journey from Naija was through Turkish airline. We had some excess luggage which by favour we were not asked to pay for. Turkish airlines delayed our connecting flight to Toronto by 3.5hours and made us to miss the local flight to Calgary. We slept in the airport and again we were favoured not to have to part with any money to rebook our flight, which could have been an extra $1400.

Since landing, we have had some wonderful experiences. A group of friends surprised us with one week booking in the hotel and within one week we were able to get our place in SW. We've done all the necessary registrations. We have our SIN, our Alberta health card, I and my wife passed the CBT driving test and we both have class 7. We've got a car and carefully driving the streets of Calgary. Our kids have started school and we are pushing out the resumes trusting God for the completion of the favour. All we are waiting for is our PR card and the return of the genuine test of our driver's license so that we can do the road test and get the next level of licence.
I have met with a few Nigerians, the husband of Floxzy, being one of them - nice guy. Calgary is a nice place and we shall possess our possession in this land in Jesus name. To those still on their way, God will make this land our land of promise.

Cheers!

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
Phine_ay said:
All praise to God, we landed in the city of Calgary about 3 weeks ago. God has been wonderful.

Our journey from Naija was through Turkish airline. We had some excess luggage which by favour we were not asked to pay for. Turkish airlines delayed our connecting flight to Toronto by 3.5hours and made us to miss the local flight to Calgary. We slept in the airport and again we were favoured not to have to part with any money to rebook our flight, which could have been an extra $1400.

Since landing, we have had some wonderful experiences. A group of friends surprised us with one week booking in the hotel and within one week we were able to get our place in SW. We've done all the necessary registrations. We have our SIN, our Alberta health card, I and my wife passed the CBT driving test and we both have class 7. We've got a car and carefully driving the streets of Calgary. Our kids have started school and we are pushing out the resumes trusting God for the completion of the favour. All we are waiting for is our PR card and the return of the genuine test of our driver's license so that we can do the road test and get the next level of licence.
I have met with a few Nigerians, the husband of Floxzy, being one of them - nice guy. Calgary is a nice place and we shall possess our possession in this land in Jesus name. To those still on their way, God will make this land our land of promise.

Cheers!
Thank God for Safe landing and fast settling down.God will settle you and your family wherever you set your foots...and Calgary will bless your landing.

ojooluseguno

Star Member
May 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed
It also depends on your destination... The last time I checked Turkish airline does not go directly to Calgary... So, if Calgary is your destination, you would need to spend additional thousand of CAD to transit from Toronto to Calgary. This in addition, still is expensive compared to Emirate.

However, Emirate is only cheap to Calgary if you transit through Seattle US (but must have transit visa) while that which goes directly to Calgary via Toronto is expensive.

In addition, if you plan to land in the mid of Summer be rest assured of getting an off the board ticket but this is still not compared to Emirate via Seattle. Even with the cost of USA visa, transiting through US is cheap.

If transiting through US, you will definitely loss some flexibility like claiming your baggage and passing through custom in US before gating for Calgary... Most times, some choice food items are confiscated.

Long and short it depends on your preferences vis a vis all these factors.

GENTLEANDREW said:
Very true. We got ours too for 708,800 naira for a family of 5 too from thesame Turkish airline. We landed on monday. Our booking was made in march, though.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Many congrats to you and your family Pickebeau. All the best.

pickabeau said:
This is to inform the house I and my family finally landed on 2 May. We came in via airfrance....los to cdg to yyz.

The officers were pleasant and signed the declaration forms with no issues

No customs issues as we are not bringing major items from naija

No POF issues aside the normal if you have currency on you...we only had 3000 USD cash.

Since it was a weekend we can't get SIN yet

We eventually took a connecting flight to Regina. Saskatchewan where we are staying with friends.

We will arrange accommodation later

Its 2 am here.
Once its morning we will do the SIN, sort out bank arrangements and maybe school too.

All the best to those still waiting

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Congrats Chingy on your safe landing in Calgary. Please keep some of the naija food for us o as u carry plenty go. :). All the best.

Chingy said:
I landed in Calgary 6th May 2015. Landing was very smooth. No POF, no bags was searched cos I had plenty naija food items. It was a long flight via KLM. I Thank God for his grace and mercies. I will do SIN, bank and health cd today. Cheers

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Oga Andrew, we thank God for seeing you through to the end of this process which you started many years ago, initially via Quebec. Congrats on ur landing and all the best in Canada.

GENTLEANDREW said:
Good day greats.

To the glory of God, we landed Toronto, Canada on the 11th of May, 2015. We boarded Turkish Airline and it was a great one using them as they kept to time and their level of hospitality was second to none. 10 hours in flight from Istanbul to Toronto.

At the Canada boarder services, we just submitted the COPR and our passport plus the custom's card and we presented our address to receive the PR card.That was it. We were not asked any question but were welcomed to Canada. We were then ushered to the front desk lady who presented us with all the necessary information and leaflets to handle SIN registration and every other things.

At the custom point, our luggages were not checked at all. Everything went so cool. I will be residing in Toronto, Canada with my family. Still enjoying my new found home. It is presently cold and they are equally having a bit of rain showers. I am really greatful to God.

I wish you all well. Cheers.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Congrats Phine-ay. Go forth and possess the land.

Phine_ay said:

Cheers!

success4life

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-08-2014
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
SOON IJN
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, a lot of people have the same challenge waiting 3 weeks for IOM to send you a quote which you might not like so self help is best.
The European and American carriers are expensive which brings us to the Gulf carriers but even then Emirates and Qatar are not cheap.
So like I did, I advise you check Turkish and Ethiopian, 2 world class airlines which I found to have the lowest fares for my family of five.
Imagine I got N717, 400 for all of us thru Turkish. I booked my flight two months away and got this incredible deal. Go online check these airlines and get your own deal, all the best.
incredible deal. how did you do it? we are five too and bought in April but didn't get as low as that for turkish. our was a little above N1m. a little more insight will help others i guess.

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Amen Phine_ay and congratulations on your successful landing and integration

Phine_ay said:

Cheers!

daramz

Apr 6, 2014
naija
Category........
Visa Office......
avo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NOV 2013
IELTS Request
SENT WITH DOC
Med's Request
6th oct 2014
Med's Done....
22nd october 2014
Interview........
waived IJN
Passport Req..
09-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2015
Oboy said:
guys let me give you my experience here with ICBC in Vancouver....They do not recognize International Drivers License (IDL) for Class 5 drivers license application (They only accept that as a license to drive for 3 months) so you will have to do a road test be given a class 7 license and go through the graduated program if that is the only document you have from your home country...

Requirements to get a full class 5 license if you do not have license from Germany, UK etc that have agreements with ICBC

- A full DL from your home country which you should have received (or shows) you have been driving in your home country for at least 2 years (the license from your home country will be taken from your immediately you pass your written test and book for a class 5 road test because ICBC do not accept you keep licenses from 2 different countries)

OR

What I will advise is if you do not have a valid DL please just get a note of competence from your licensing authority showing your License number and a prove of the date you were first issued a drivers license because that is all they need and here in Vancouver they have a way of verifying this information via the federal government in Ottawa.

MY Advise...

Please if you do not have a full DL please try to get a note of competence from your local DL authority with details of your license number and when it was issued (I know this is already in the international DL booklet but you need to be safe...they will have to verify you have driven for more than 2 years back home else you have to go through the graduated program)...

Is my experience and you know experience teaches best.... PM me if you have any concerns.

Oboy
Thanks for the input. My DL will expire in July (Still in Naija) and I intend coming in July 2015. What can I do? to ensure I get the class 5 DL

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
@daramz, my advise is, you renew your DL before travelling.

daramz said:
Thanks for the input. My DL will expire in July (Still in Naija) and I intend coming in July 2015. What can I do? to ensure I get the class 5 DL

Oboy

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
10-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicatiom
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
daramz said:

Try and apply for renewal now if you have the chance and even if the full DL from Naija cannot be ready by then take a note of competence from the DL authority in Naija (let them know what you need it for) in addition to the cover note you will receive whilst you wait for the full license (That is if the license cannot be ready by July).

Is not a good idea to come with only the expired license.

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
My good people, longest time. It's been quite a while. Settling into a new environment can be very challenging but just know that it can only get better. We shall live our Canadian dreams by God's grace. I say make I update una. I had a baby girl 3 months ago to the glory of God. God is gooooooooooooood.